Just back, here's where we ate....

Desnik

<font color=teal>I actually love packing and plann
First let me start by saying to you all, make those ADR's!!!!
Alot of places were booked. But, if you are determined keep calling on the day you want to eat somewhere, something might pop up like it did for us at Ohana's. Also when we were told Tony's was booked, we walked up and were able to be seated at that moment!
We were going to do the DP and I changed my mind 3 days before our trip!! For us, with 2 kids 3 and 8 who really don't eat much we really didn't feel it was worth it. Also DH and I could never eat appt, dinner and dessert! Too much food and also DS has a hard time at table service places sometimes.
Here's where we ate:
Tony's
Ohana's
Wolfgang puck express
Chef Mickey's
Mama Melrose
Sci-Fi
Spoodles
Sunshine seasons
Various other counter service
Any questions? I'll go into detailed reports later, I have to go pick up my dog from the kennel!!

How did you like Ohana new menu items??? We are going to miss the grilled shrimp, but I heard that the new way the shrimp is served is good too??

How was the dessert????

We love Ohana...We have 15 of us going on June1.

How about the Boardwalk area when you ate at Spoodles?? Was it really busy? We are staying at the BWV and plan to eat at the Boardwalk a few times. :confused3

Thanks

Jerseygirl63
Mama Melrose was terrific!!! We have eaten here before and always enjoy it. DS was asleep so it was a nice quiet lunch!!LOL They sat us in the back so we were able to keep him in the stroller. DD had the rigatoni with butter which she said was good. I had the 4 cheese pizza with a side of penne. I would skip the penne next time because the tomato sauce wasn't to my liking. The pizza was great and so was the bread they gave us!! DH had the tuscan chicken brushetta which he said was delicious and he ate it all. The service was great and we would definately return! It was also one of the cheapest meals of our trip. Total with tip was around $40.

BABYJOSIE98
Last time we went to Ohana's we loved it. This time not so much. We were lucky to get in last minute due to a cancellation for our party of 6. BIL and SIL joined us for dinner. I missed the rice and bread they use to have. I thought the wings tasted different too. The salad dressing was horrible, only SIL liked it. DH and BIL liked the shrimp, I don't eat fish. The meat was so tasty and tender we all liked it. We didn't order seconds of anything! DD was able to get something off the kids menu, mac n cheese and she liked it. We won't be coming back. We miss the old menu. DD did get to play the coconut race and got a lei which made her happy and DS was asleep throughout the whole dinner!!! SIL was the only one who ordered the dessert and she loved it. The rest of us just got a scoop of vanilla ice cream!

We stayed at the BW and have in the past and we really always love spoodles. This time was no different. We had ADR's and had to wait 10mins after check in. Our server was great and our food came quickly. I had my favorite appetizer as my meal, the flat bread, DS and I shared the kids grilled chicken which was great. DD had the cheese flatbread, DH had the rigatoni and they both loved their choices! DS had icecream and DD had the create your own sundae for dessert. Another great meal here and we would definately go back. The bill with tip was around $80

Spoodles was booked most of the time we were there. We did see some people were able to get in but had 45-60 min waits. That was in the beginning of the week. I would say you need ADR's at the time you will be there. Even if you try the day before, that might work. By 6pm, when we would call for ressies everywhere was already booked.

***I forgot to mention 2 places we ate!! Liberty Tree Tavern, and Rainforest Cafe at AK.***

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter