Just back-here's where we ate

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
Boma's for breakfast; Sci-Fi for lunch; Pizzafari-twice; Artist Point; Peco's Bills; Illuminations GG Dinner; Beaches and Cream; Crystal Palace; Trail's End for breakfast. I'd be happy to answer any questions.

It all sound good except Pizzafari -- twice?! Is it that good? (We haven't eaten there.)

Please tell us about your GG dinner. And did you mean anything special by "Illuminations Dinner"?

I would like to hear about the GG dinner too! What types of food were offered, the desserts, where you watched Illuminations, etc. Thanks!

I'm curious about Pizzafari, too, as we'll probably be at AK on a few days.

I've heard good things about Trails-End - is it worth going to if you're not staying at FW?

Thanks for posting. How was Artist Point? We have an ADR there on our upcoming trip. I know we're going to drop a bit of money there. Did you like it? Is it worth it? Thanks.

What all did you like at Boma's breakfast? Did you need an ADR to get in and was it very crowded? And by the way, our cat only drinks from the running (upstairs) bathroom faucet, too!

How was Sci-Fi? We have a lunch ressie there also.
Is it really dark?
Did you eat in a car?
Did you have kids with you? Did they like it?

I'd like to know about Artist Point, too. I'm going there next Tuesday night! I've eaten at Jiko and California Grill before. If you've eaten at these before, how does AP compare? Thanks! :teeth:

Hi! Let's see-Pizzafari (CS) is worth it to me. I just love the hot deli sandwich there. It's right in Discovery Island.
I went to Trail's End for breakfast. I didn't think they had a huge selection on their buffet, but it was pretty good, and the grits were excellent. I'm not sure I'd make a special trip to FW for it, but I happened to be spending some time, soaking in the ambiance, walking around FW. Trail's End is definitely in keeping with the whole theme.
It was my 3rd time at Sci-Fi, but DH's first. So I finally had someone to share an order of onion rings with! They were excellent. It was very dark-we had trouble reading the menu, sitting in the back of a car. But it was fun, and DH said it was definitely someplace he'd like to return to. We didn't have any kids, but last year I took DS there and had to explain the whole speaker on the pole thing at the Drive In.
Although I'd had my heart set on the salmon at Artist Point, I made a last minute change and had the scallops. The whole meal was a little over rich for me. I'll have to go back though and have the salmon. DH had some red wine that he thought wasn't too good, but otherwise we always like it there.
Boma was our last morning breakfast. We made ADRs about 2 weeks in advance and got exactly the time we wanted. It was pretty quiet and very late in the morning. I think I'd pick a time a little earlier next time because I felt a little rushed as they were trying to pick up around us. I liked it, but DH was dissappointed-no grits and no omelets. We probably won't go back. Next time we'll either try a new breakfast or go back to Yacht Club Galley, which we both loved.

is the food at Sci-fi really that horrible? Considering what I normally eat, it sounds good to me...a little pricey sure but this time with the free dining and all...:)

No Omelets at Boma breakfast. Maybe it was the time you went there. They have made to order ones there.

sunny_stace said:
is the food at Sci-fi really that horrible? Considering what I normally eat, it sounds good to me...a little pricey sure but this time with the free dining and all...:)
No, we didn't think the food at Sci-Fi was horrible. But it is dark there, and I'm kind of glad I'd looked at the menu on Deb Wills' site so I knew what I wanted. The experience was really kinda cool-we'd go there again.

How was trails end? We will be eating there this weekend, while we are camping with a Cub Scout group and have reservations at 8am. Are they crowded? How was the food? Is there a good selection? Thanks

Simba's Mom said:
It was my 3rd time at Sci-Fi, but DH's first. So I finally had someone to share an order of onion rings with!

Hey Simba's Mom - we would have shared them with you last year!

(just in case you don't remember, we shared a car last year ;) )

kaceyisme said:
Hey Simba's Mom - we would have shared them with you last year!

(just in case you don't remember, we shared a car last year ;) )
I remember! Hi! Weren't you sharing something with your son? Once again, we got the back seat of the car we were in.

About Trail's End-it wasn't too crowded but then I went around 10:40, near the end, with no ADR. The selection was pretty good-the Mickey waffles and the grits were especially good. The eggs weren't too great.

Simba's Mom said:
I remember! Hi! Weren't you sharing something with your son? Once again, we got the back seat of the car we were in.

You were in the back seat, and my DH was in the middle, with my DS and I in the front. My poor DH always has to eat alone at the Sci Fi because my son always wants to sit in the front with me. It's too bad you didn't notice my alien green mickey head earlier in the meal, and we could have switched around the seating so nobody would have to sit alone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter