Just back from western cruise - 8/2-8/9!!

Toby

Mouseketeer
Hi,

Just got back last night. We - me, hubby, son 16, daughter 20, had a great time. I was worried about older daughter meeting people her own age - she met plenty of people!! Weather was sunny, but HOT at Key West and the islands - humidity was unbelievable, but the beaches were beautiful. Lots of tropical fish-Stingray City excursion was wonderful - my kids are still talking about that. They also did the Dolphin Encounter at Cozumel which they enjoyed very much also. Waitstaff was great - Adrian, Romania, and Jessie, Phillipines - couldn't have been nicer. Some nights we just weren't that hungry, so we'd just have appetizers and desserts. They had a fit - were willing to bring us ANYTHING we wanted...but after a big lunch, and endless snacks, sometimes you just tired of eating!! Chocolate Molten Lava Cake - wonderful!! My kids loved the movies - Pirates of the Carribean, and Freaky Friday, NEMO, etc. Met with the Captain one night at a reception who hinted that Disney is going to have a third ship built with a West coast itinerary - Alaska, Mexico and/or a Mediterranean route...Hope so! They are also going to have a 10-day Christmas cruise (2004) and also a new island itinerary next year. People were signing up for these new itineraries right on board!! Good discounts, too!! Castaway Cay this past Friday was overcast, but it didn't prevent anyone from enjoying the beach, watersports...only complaint - not much food variety at the Adult beach lunch. They use to have grilled shrimp skewers, nice salads, cakes for dessert - this time hot dogs, hamburgers - just standard stuff. I think we'd have done better at Cookies barbeque!!

All in all a wonderful trip!!

Sounds great! Thanks for posting. DH and I are doing the Western next month. Hope it's not as hot but guess I shouldn't complain. Winter will be here soon enough!

Hi! We just got back also and are already missing the Magic today! Wasn't the weather great??? (well, minus Castaway Cay day but oh well!) It sounds like you all enjoyed yourselves as much as we did! It was tempting to rebook! :)

My husband and I were on the Magic too and thought everything was excellent. This was our first cruise experience and Disney certainly set a high standard - but don't they always. Entertainment and service was superb. We booked our next cruise while onboard. The countdown has already begun for next year. We also heard about the possibility of new itineraries. We want to do both Alaskan and Mediterranean cruises so I hope they add those options. Overall, our best vacation ever.

Ok, everybody, where's the trip reports?????

Toby,

Thanks for the report - was on the same cruise (8/3 Western) last year!! It was hot then too.

The captain didn't say when (or what) the new island itin would begin - did he? We're on the New Year's cruise this year and it would be fabulous if it began then - especially since we've done both existing Eastern and Western itins already.

Wish they would make the announcement about the 3rd ship - the rumors and suspense are killing me!!

Michele

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter