Just Back From WDW--My Park, CBR, and Other Tips!!

Smoore

Earning My Ears
Hey, everyone!! Just got back from WDW last week, and I've been so busy I haven't been able to write this for you all.

Here are my tips:

#1 -- Take some breaks!! We had so many things to do in 7 days that we felt we didn't have time to put in one or two hour breaks every day. We had planned on it before, but ended up taking breaks only on two days. There was nothing more pleasant than walking down to the beach at CBR and reading in the hammock for an hour or so. You felt like you were on another planet!!

#2 -- Be careful about eating a late dinner at the resorts!! We went from the Main Street Electrical Parade at MK, took a ferry over to the Wilderness Lodge, and ate a fantastic dinner over at the Whispering Canyon Cafe. Unfortunately, by the time we got out of there, all the parks had closed. We ended up having to take a cab back to CBR at 10pm at night, otherwise it would have taken us forever to get busses to the Central Ticket Center, Downtown Disney, and finally CBR. And watch out for the cab drivers -- the guy we got took us the long way back to CBR and it ended up costing us $15 for a short drive back!!

#3 -- Don't rent a car!! We ended up having to upgrade to a larger car to fit all our luggage in, costing the three of us $180 more!! We only used the car to go shopping at Downtown Disney, two stops at the grocery store, and one day at Universal. We could have taken taxis or shuttles or the Disney busses instead, and paid a lot less.

#4 -- At the end of the day, you'll be too tired to drive outside of WDW to eat (if you have a car rental). The Downtown Disney restaurants do have reasonable prices on some of their items, and it was only 5 minutes away from our resort. (You wouldn't believe how large WDW is!! It's as large as a city, and takes awhile to get out of.)

#5 -- Do plan on eating a couple of fun Disney meals!! We ate at more fun restaurants than we'd planned on, but we had a blast!! We at at the 50's Prime Time Cafe, Whispering Canyon Cafe, and the Crystal Palace. All of them are highly interactive, and if you don't mind being singled out in front of the whole room, it's sooo much fun!!

#6 -- Definitely use Fastpass and get to the parks early!! We used Fastpass a couple of times at it was so nice!! Getting to the parks at opening time or just after and then going directly to the most popular rides got us on them right away!!

#7 -- Do buy an E-Ride Night Ticket --- We rode all the E-Ride night rides once. Splash Mountain was twice, and Buzz Lightyear three times in a row!! We would have been on more had Pirates of the Caribbean not broken down three times while we rode it. Also, since the parks closed early, it gave us a chance to get in more rides.

#8 -- Ride the rides during night-time park events!! The first night we were there, we only had 3 hours at the Magic Kingdom. As we were going to watch the fireworks on another night, we were able to get on every ride in Tomorrowland except for Space Mountain in an hour while everyone else watched the fireworks!! It was like we had Tomorrowland to ourselves.

#9 -- Don't miss ANY of the Disney Night Time activities -- plan all of them into your schedule, if possible. Don't miss --- Main Street Electrical Parade (sit on the corner in Liberty Square), Illuminations and Tapestry of Nations (sit by the fence by the Germany boat loading dock --- on the left hand side), Fantasmic (even mid-way up you can feel the water spray), and the Magic Kingdom Fantasy in the Sky Fireworks (see Tinkerbell fly down from the Castle).

#10 -- If staying at CBR, pick Jamaica building #45 or #46 (we were in room 4612-- a corner standard room that gave us a courtyard view from our second window). It was very quiet, we could see Illuminations every night from the parking lot easily (and hear the music for it), you're steps away from the bridge to OPR, the beach, and the pool, and very close to the bus stop. The best thing about Jamaica is that you're the first stop for all busses (you get a seat every time) and the first to be let off when you come back.

I'll probably think of more tips later, those are just my immediate ones.

Smoore :)

Disneyland 1977--
(3 yrs old)
Disneyland 1978--
(4 yrs old)
WDW 1984 -- Contemporary
(10 yrs old)
WDW 1989 -- off site
(15 years old)
WDW 1990 -- off site
(16 years old)
Disneyland 1993, 1994,
1995, 1996, 1997
(the college years)
WDW Nov. 5 to 11, 2000 --
Caribbean Beach Resort
(26 years old)

These are great tips...Thanks for posting them!! :)

<font size=5><font color=purple><font face=andy>Tricia</font></font></font>
234_lg.gif

<font color=navy blue><font size=2>Co-Host Instructional Chat with Snuggles and Nativetxn</font></font>
<font color=green><font size=2>Co-Host Wednesday Night Chat with Mackey Mouse and Dee</font></font>
<font color=dark pink><font size=2>Member of the Official DIS Convention Committee</font></font>

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>If staying at CBR, pick Jamaica building #45 or #46 (we were in room 4612-- a corner standard room that gave us a courtyard view from our second window).[/quote]

I'm going to fax my building request on Tuesday and I was thinking about asking for Jamaica 45 or 46. How long is it to the OPR? I'll have a 15 month old daughter and a hubby who will want to run over to the OPR for moring coffee before running off to class (he's working while we're there).

Thanks!

-- Robin

Thanks for posting! Those are some great tips! :)

Debi, co-moderator of the
<a href="http://wdwinfo.infopop.net/OpenTopic/page?q=Y&s=40009993&a=corfrm&cf=87009194">Disney Tips Board</a>
Cast Members Only board

It only took around 15 to 20 minutes round-trip to go from our room to the bridge, over the bridge, getting milk at little grocery store at OPR (with a couple of people in line ahead of us), and then back over to the room.

It's a very pleasant walk, and doesn't feel like it takes that long to do so. But if you're wanting to get food at OPR one of those mornings, be sure to leave lots of extra time. One of my friends decided on getting an omelette before we left to go to the parks, leaving only 30 minutes to get there, get the omelette, and get back. Well, it took her almost 45 to 50 minutes to get back to the room. There was a line for food, and it had taken her awhile. Needless to say, we were late for meeting our friends at MGM that morning.

Just be sure to ALWAYS leave a little time to get where you're going on the Disney busses. We only had one instance where we had to wait more than 5 minutes for a bus, but that one time was a 20 minute wait to get to the Magic Kingdom in mid-afternoon (there are less busses running at that time of day). Also, there will almost ALWAYS be a wait at the end of the day for your bus. The longest wait was at Epcot after Illuminations (took a long time to get to the front of the park from Germany, plus a 30 minute wait time for the bus).

But otherwise, we LOVED the Disney bus system.

Smoore :)

Disneyland 1977--
(3 yrs old)
Disneyland 1978--
(4 yrs old)
WDW 1984 -- Contemporary
(10 yrs old)
WDW 1989 -- off site
(15 years old)
WDW 1990 -- off site
(16 years old)
Disneyland 1993, 1994,
1995, 1996, 1997
(the college years)
WDW Nov. 5 to 11, 2000 --
Caribbean Beach Resort
(26 years old)

If you'd prefer not to walk far to OPR, you can request North Trinidad or Martinique. We just got back last week and stayed in Aruba, which was only less than five minutes to the Food Court over the bridges. Lines at the Food Court are another issue, that will happen no matter where you stay on the property. We only experienced long waits at breakfast. It seemed the Bakery was the worst even though you bought already prepared food.
If you're requesting a water view, North Trinidad's are better, many rooms at Martinique have trees or walls in front of the windows. There's presently a drought in Florida, so the water view is more like a river view.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter