Just back from VWL and AKL Concierge

jel0511

DIS Veteran
Well, I'm back and the blizzard did overshadow our trip. We flew home on 2/18, and were delayed approx 3 hours, but at least we got home!!!! I ran into SEVERAL people who were trapped until Friday, so I guess I was "lucky"!!! I can't think of a better place to be stuck that WDW!! Anyway, here is my review of VWL. We again decided we don't have enough points and did a 50 point add-on. We did the add-on at VWL, since we felt it was just easier to maintain. We almost did it at BCV, but felt that it wasn't enough points to make it worthwhile for us. So, for those of you, there are still points at VWL with a Feb use year available.

The room wasn't as clean as it could be, I probably should have called housekeeping, but was SOOO tired from our early morning flight and having to wait until 3:30 for our room, I really didn't think about it. The room was also in poor shape. Lots of knicks and scratches in the furniture. As a DVC owner, I was kind of disappointed in the shape of the room. We stayed in room 4523, which was located in the atrium area of VWL. We had a WONDERFUL view of the pool and lake from our room!!! Our room was located over Sturdy Branches and the back entrance to the villas, so it was a little noisy until all the parks were closed. Also, I think the speaker for the music for the quiet pool was located right outside the masterbedroom, since I heard it louder in my room that at the pool!!!! Transportation was GREAT, except for my only beef. Why does the WL not get service from the Character Breakfast bus? It took us almost an hour to get to MK for an 8:25 PS. The boat doesn't run until 8:30, so the only way to MK is taking the bus to the TTC and transfering to the monorail. I just wish there had been a more direct route than this one. Otherwise our stay at VWL was GREAT and it is one of our favorites!!!

After we checked out of VWL, we moved over to the AKL concierge on points. Our stay was GREAT and if you want to stay concierge, this is the resort to do it!!! This stay solidified our desire to do the add-on, since you get SOO Much more room in a one bedroom, and I can buy cereal, milk, juice and donuts for almost nothing!! I get a much better WDW experience that way!!!! DH and I kept saying how spoiled we are with one bedrooms, it's actually sickening!!! Well, for me, it's now one bedrooms all the way!!! That's what this add-on solidifies, one bedrooms all the time!!!! Oh well, just call me a DVC Snob!!!

Were doing the conciege at AKL in November. This is the most excited I have been o go to WDW in a few years.
Ray

Thanx for the report! Your stay mirrors our recent stay in many ways.
For some reason, VWL furniture seems to look nicked up. Perhaps it is more noticable due to the darker finish on the furniture. Our room was also not as clean as it could be (again), and yes, we did call housekeeping.
We also stayed at The Poly concierge, and like you, we were longing for our villa at VWL.

This is in no way a slam on VWL, as it is BY FAR our favorite DVC resort. The beauty of VWL/WL alone can cover a few imperfections. :cool:

Hi.

Please tell us about concierge at AKL and concierge in general. ie: what sort of benefit is it. Thanks.

Paul

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter