Just back from the Dream! (Updated with pictures!!!)

Few more pics from one of my friends... adult seating area on the deck above the adult pool...
164326_1763597646174_1126090721_32050328_5429584_n.jpg

Another look at the kiddie pool
164070_1763601286265_1126090721_32050356_2835089_n.jpg

A look inside Evolution, the nightclub
163820_1763599886230_1126090721_32050347_6808300_n.jpg

Another look at Evolution
34792_1763600006233_1126090721_32050348_4550263_n.jpg

It was probably the same show schedule we had... The first night on board they had the Golden Mickeys (two showings like normal), the second night there was Jeff Civillico (two shows) and then the third night was Believe (two shows). These were all in the Walt Disney Theatre. Then on the last night, Jeff did an adults-only show that was in the Lake Buena Vista theatre. That was the only "adults" show that they offered all three nights - once again, probably because this was a preview cruise, I'm sure it will be back to normal again once the regular cruises begin!

I thought Villians Tonight was on the Dream.
I wonder if it wasn't ready or something? :confused3 :confused3 :confused3

I thought Villians Tonight was on the Dream.
I wonder if it wasn't ready or something? :confused3 :confused3 :confused3

I heard you were right, that Villains is on the Dream, but probably because this wasn't an official cruise, we only had two shows. Some notes on the two we did see though - there were some changes/additions to the Golden Mickeys (like the addition of a Rapunzel scene) and the new show, Believe, was incredible!!! You have to see it!

Is there a family nightclub like Studio Sea?

Honestly not sure, I didn't explore any of the kids areas. I could see them using the D-Lounge as that though. It is outside the adults areas and not too far from the main lobby, so it has a good location; it has a big stage and plenty of seating! There could very easily be a family club though that I just didn't see.

I believe the D Lounge is the Dream's equivalent to Studio Sea. Its location would seem to indicate that, plus its listed under the "youth clubs" on the website.

Tink2300, thank you so much for a great photo tour and review. I just can't get enough preview photos of the Dream. I think I'm becoming obsessed :)

Is the 'ears' area of the Mickey pool as deep as the face part? If so, then the Mickey pool seems to be bigger than on the Wonder and Magic.

Great photos and great reviews!! Thanks so much for sharing!

I will be on the Dream in 2 weeks :cool1::thumbsup2

Please write a trip report. I've always enjoyed yours and FINALLY I need input on traveling with kids.princess:princess:princess: pirate:I've directed people with little children to your reports for a couple of years and now I need some info on kids and the Dream! Three generations of us will be on the Dream in November and the 'great' neices and nephea will range from 2 to 9. Is your DD about 4 now??

Tink2300, thanks so much for all your photos and taking the time to answer all our questions!

I am SO glad you guys like all the pictures and the reports, etc. I just wish I would've taken more! At times I didn't even think about taking pics because I was so focused on seeing and experiencing everything! I wish people had more questions so that I could answer even more! :)

And yes, I believe the kid's pool is bigger than on the other ships. That coupled with the Nemo's Reef area, which is just directly beside it, makes the kid's area MUCH nicer. The only problem in my opinion is that the family pool is the same size and it's just on the other side of those chairs... I am anxious to see how everyone is going to fit!

- Are there Mickey waffles available onboard anywhere?

- I know drinks are free with dinner. What about breakfast/lunch though? Do we have to get drinks from the drink station and then go get lunch?

- Would you explain the different breakfast choices? (ex. buffet at______, window order at _______, table service at ________) What about lunch?

- Is it true that life jackets are no longer mandatory for the muster drill?

- Where is the best place to be for the sail away party? When should we get there?

Thanks!

I heard from someone that there is a new DJ with DCL for Evolution is that true? I usually got to know the bartenders and others in the night club so hoping to do the same

We had a guest DJ that was there from the United Kingdom I believe. The DJ on the ship is DJ Dan, we've had him before. DJ Mark (the guest DJ) was running Evolution and the Pirate music but DJ Dan was doing a bunch of other stuff. You definitely don't get the same feel as when everything took place in Rockin Bar D. I did notice that the Bartenders were the same for every place every night (example, the bartenders were the same in the Skyline Lounge all 3 nights), but there are just so many people everywhere and so many bars, clubs, etc, it's just harder to get to know the cast members in my opinion, which was a bit of a disappointment. Still, the adult areas blow the others out of the water!

- I know drinks are free with dinner. What about breakfast/lunch though? Do we have to get drinks from the drink station and then go get lunch?

- Would you explain the different breakfast choices? (ex. buffet at______, window order at _______, table service at ________) What about lunch?

- Where is the best place to be for the sail away party? When should we get there?

Thanks!

I didn't see any! :( Not sure if that's because this was a preview cruise, but they weren't at Cabanas and the last morning at Animator's they were regular waffles as well. Sadness.

No, drinks should be free everywhere! The only place sodas will come with a charge are if you order them through room service.

Breakfast: room service (always an option), buffet style at Cabanas, table service at Royal Palace, I believe there were also limited choices available on the quick service/window service places by the pools even - I saw some yogurts and cereals sitting out up there!

Lunch: buffet at Cabanas, not sure if it was buffet or table service, but I think it was buffet at Enchanted Garden, all quick service/window order places are open on Deck 11 (Luigis pizza, Fillmores Favorites, Tow Mater Grill)

Yes, this is true! It made the drill a little longer though honestly because they have to come to each group and get your room number from you since you are no longer wearing it, if that makes sense. So at the end, we had to stay almost 10 minutes just so they could call out all the room numbers they missed! Pretty nice not to have to wear them though!

I would get there right after the sail away party. I think the top deck (Deck 12) is a MUCH better place to watch both the Sail Away and Pirate parties. I stood on Deck 11, where the stage is, for the pirate party and couldn't see any of the dancers, I had to watch the screen to see what was going on the whole time. I didn't really mind, but if you want to see the action, go to the top deck.

The March trip on the dream was a definite impulse. My wife had breast cancer surgery last month. Good news is prognosis is excellent and she is feeling great. It really put things into perspective for us. We had not gone away alone in over a decade. We cruised as a family of 5 on the Wonder twice so far and had made plans for the 7 day Caribbean for change of itinerary. I became enamored with the Dream recently with all the buzz about her launch. I had time off in early March and looked into it. There were only 2 concierge rooms available, the smallest, and the Roy (? someone cancelled) ... I wanted concierge for the level of service plus knowing that at 60 days out I wouldn't likely get res for Palo or Remy ... wife and I are "foodies" and being a romantic couple getaway, it was "required" for us to get in there :) I'm absolutely giddy about this trip :cloud9: I'm calling it a second honeymoon

This is so touching, you guys deserve this trip so much! I travel so much now because you just never know where life is going to lead you. If you are able and can afford it, I say go whenever you can! That's my new motto! You're going to LOVE a 7-nighter, I have to say! Concierge seems to be so nice on this cruise - you get a separate check-in at the port, and my friend snuck a peek at the concierge area on one of the top decks - he wouldn't stop talking about how nice it is! Seems you are in for a real treat! If Palo is as great as it is, I can only imagine about Remy. We talked to several people on board who went and I believe they said it was 7 courses? And they said each and every bite of what they had was delicious - one lady who has been on every single cruise line (she was a vendor who supplies alcohol to the ship) said Remy was her favorite restaurant on the sea of any cruise line!

Couple things I forgot to add earlier... you do not insert your key to open the door any more, you just wave it in front of the reader and it unlocks... and yes, you have to put your card in the wall to activate the lights and TV. We had some trouble getting used to that though... someone would want to leave the room and take their card with them, but then the lights and TV would go out. And once I walked out of the room and locked myself out because my card was still in the wall! I had to go find one of my friends to go retrieve it! I think that is going to happen to many, many people!

Also, no need to bring your nightlights any more for those of you who did. There is now a "nightlight" switch next to all the other light switches. When you hit it, it turns on this very small, faint light on in the middle of the cabin ceiling, very much like a night light! Very cool!

I

Please write a trip report. I've always enjoyed yours and FINALLY I need input on traveling with kids.princess:princess:princess: pirate:I've directed people with little children to your reports for a couple of years and now I need some info on kids and the Dream! Three generations of us will be on the Dream in November and the 'great' neices and nephea will range from 2 to 9. Is your DD about 4 now?

Sorry but I am going with a friend and not my hubby and daughter. I've already started a pre trip report on the dcl trip report board though if you want to read it :thumbsup2

Sorry but I am going with a friend and not my hubby and daughter. I've already started a pre trip report on the dcl trip report board though if you want to read it :thumbsup2

Well, good! I can use that infor for the 'adult' half of my B2B! :lmao:

IF the Dream lights work the same has many hotels...ANY card can be left in the slot to trigger the lights. So bring your grocer store club card with you! Just remember to take it out when you are leaving the room for any period of time (though I can understand people wanting the AC running constantly at certain timesof the year).

Thanks so much for all that you have shared with us :) But, I still have some questions (b/c I was didn't have time to read thru everything and I'm an OCD planner!):

- refillable drink station: Can we bring our WDW resort mugs from a few yrs ago, or some other cup from home?

- key to turn TV on: If you just want the TV on at nite, can you do that? Thinking we might want to watch TV while the kids are sleeping, but don't know how since the KTTW card activates/deactivates both!

- wine: will the avg size bottle fit in the refrigerator, or would you recommend a box wine? Can we bring a glass of wine from our room to dinner? Thought I read that somewhere else before!

- Shutters: When do you think is the best time to go there?

- Was Guest Services packed when you first got on the ship? Was wondering when the best time would be to go and drop off signature items, etc.

- smoking: Is it still allowed on verandahs and if so, is there an ashtray? Unfortunately DH smokes :sad2:

- Enchanted Garden: Think it would be worth it to request one of the circular booths? They turn around, right? Maybe I'm just confused and thinking of the teacup ride :lmao:

- Aqua Duck: I'm sure you covered this somewher, so I apologize for asking again, but what are the hours?

- shows in the theatre: Noticed you took pics, I guess that's allowed?!

- laundry rooms: Where are they and hrs? Do you know how much the machines cost and how crowded were they?

SO psyched about no life jackets during muster drill! What time was that at - 4p? Just trying to figure out what time to plan the DISMeet and where (pls share any thoughts on that!)

Thanks again for all that you showed us - I can't wait for 8 more weeks :yay::woohoo::banana:

We had a guest DJ that was there from the United Kingdom I believe. The DJ on the ship is DJ Dan, we've had him before. DJ Mark (the guest DJ) was running Evolution and the Pirate music but DJ Dan was doing a bunch of other stuff. You definitely don't get the same feel as when everything took place in Rockin Bar D. I did notice that the Bartenders were the same for every place every night (example, the bartenders were the same in the Skyline Lounge all 3 nights), but there are just so many people everywhere and so many bars, clubs, etc, it's just harder to get to know the cast members in my opinion, which was a bit of a disappointment. Still, the adult areas blow the others out of the water!

Did the cruise you go on have the college club, since it was a preview cruise I'm going to guess it might not have, but from cruise staff I talk with they all said the college club would be on the Dream. Usually it is run by one or two members of the cruise staff.

Couple things I forgot to add earlier... you do not insert your key to open the door any more, you just wave it in front of the reader and it unlocks... and yes, you have to put your card in the wall to activate the lights and TV. We had some trouble getting used to that though... someone would want to leave the room and take their card with them, but then the lights and TV would go out. And once I walked out of the room and locked myself out because my card was still in the wall! I had to go find one of my friends to go retrieve it! I think that is going to happen to many, many people!

Also, no need to bring your nightlights any more for those of you who did. There is now a "nightlight" switch next to all the other light switches. When you hit it, it turns on this very small, faint light on in the middle of the cabin ceiling, very much like a night light! Very cool!

First, these pictures are amazing! Thanks so much for them. The Dream looks truly stunning, even more than I had imagined. CANNOT WAIT for Feb 20th!

Second, I need a technology tutorial on what you are describing with the card and the lights. I get the waving the room key card in front of the door to open it, but I don't get what you mean about how the lights work in the room and what happens if you remove the card. Is the idea that there is a slot that you leave a card in to turn on and off the lights? Any card? Your room key card? Do the lights then operate individually once they are activated? Need to get my brain around this before we leave!

There are small details on the ship to help you get around.
In the stateroom area halls, the top point of the stars in the carpet points to forward on the ship.
There are the usual fish on the doors on the port side rooms but there are seahorses on the starboard side.
Deck 5 staterooms have a maze of halls especially forward due to the children's areas. Even on other decks around the staterooms we had to backtrack a few time to get where we wanted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter