Just back from the Dream! (Updated with pictures!!!)

Hey! I was wondering what you thought about the family and mickey pool size? I keep hearing they are not going to be big enough. Also, did you all try Remy? We are going to stay in an inside cabin? Did you get a chance to see one of the interior rooms with the vitual porthole? Thanks for your report!

Personally, I thought those pools were quite tight. They are the same size, if not smaller, than the other ships, so I'm not quite sure what the logic was there. Also, with all the seating there together for the two pools, I'm honestly not sure how that's going to work on a busy sea day. Seems Disney is counting on people doing things other than the pools, because they certainly aren't twice the size like the ship is.

We did not try Remy, but we went to the D Lounge as soon as we boarded and got Palo reservations! That never fails me! There weren't many Palo ressies available though, so get the port early so you can get a low boarding number! We talked to several people who went to Remy though, and they loved it! It is like a 3-hour meal. Also, there is a very cool new lounge open right in between Remy and Palo... it is open to everyone on the ship but the dress code for both places is intact. Very cool place to hang out before Palo or Remy, as those restaurants are side by side.

We got a verandah room, so I did not see the inside staterooms. Sorry!

Cabanas, the new buffet on Deck 11... so awesome!
IMG_4731.jpg

Inside Cabanas
DSCI0087.jpg

Nemo mosaic... there are mosaics EVERYWHERE on this ship!
DSCI0088.jpg

Seagulls above the beverage stations!
DSCI0096.jpg

It looks like disney has put alot of thought into all the areas. The kids areas look off the hook. I will find on on 2/3!!!! they better have cookies! LOL.

One of the quick service places... these are now all together by the adult pool, not spread out like they used to be
DSCI0074.jpg

Luigi's pizza menu
DSCI0077.jpg

Tow Mater Grill menu
DSCI0076.jpg

Fillmore's Favorites menu
DSCI0075.jpg

Cove Cafe
DSCI0073.jpg

Thanks for your review and pictures! Everything looks amazing. What did you think of the food? Which was your favorite restaurant for that?

Thank you. Really enjoying reading your impressions and seeing your pictures.

......The new show on the Dream, Believe, is AMAZING! Truly one of the best shows I have ever seen at sea. We all absolutely loved it!!

I've read it has some really impressive and innovative special effects so I'm glad to hear it came out well.

.... and for anyone who wants to know what 687 (the sports bar) means, the Dream was the 687th ship made in that stockyard, so they wanted to name something 687 on board!...

I had been wondering just that. I could not figure out the sports connection so this is a good bit of trivia.

..... The hot tubs were interesting being side by side, and they are very cool because they have glass bottoms that actually overlook the side of the ship! When you are in the hot tub and look down, you are looking at the runner son deck 4 and the ocean right below you! Very cool!....

Makes me wonder what the people on deck 4 see when they look up!

......And finally, the Aqua Duck was the best water slide I have ever been on! ....

Awesome!

Shutters
IMG_4802.jpg

Shutters is very different now... you swipe your card and it tells you what "book" your photos are in. Simply go there, open it up and all your photos for your room are together! So cool!
IMG_4803.jpg

New merchandise areas...
IMG_4761.jpg

IMG_4760.jpg

A look inside of one of the shops... WORD OF WARNING: If you want to buy inaugural merchandise, do so on the FIRST NIGHT OF YOUR CRUISE! They sell out of all of that the first night! So early!!!
IMG_4781.jpg

I'm sure that somewhere on the boards this has been answered, but how far away from the fast food areas is the drink machine?

Adult pool
IMG_4641.jpg

IMG_4640.jpg

IMG_4639.jpg

IMG_4744.jpg

Currents, a bar on the deck right above the adult pool, where all the adult seating is
IMG_4745.jpg

IMG_4746.jpg

IMG_4749.jpg

Check out this little guy riding the Aqua Duck! I wish I had a waterproof camera so I could've taken it on there!
IMG_4750.jpg

I'm sure that somewhere on the boards this has been answered, but how far away from the fast food areas is the drink machine?

The quick service area is right outside the adults area, while the drink stations are by the kid's area (right there outside the door to Cabanas and by the kid's pool). We were wondering why they were so far away from each other, but we think it is so each area wouldn't get too congested. There were two drink stations, so maybe that will help. It would be like walking on the Magic and Wonder from the adult area to the kid's area.

thanks for posting the pics!! Did you get to check out any of the kids clubs?
and I love the way the aqua duck looks at night with the lights!!
very cool!!:3dglasses

Pirate Night, very different from Pirate Night on the other ships
IMG_4735.jpg

IMG_4734.jpg

Aqua Duck going over the side of the ship!
IMG_4733.jpg

IMG_4743.jpg

What an AWESOME fireworks show! It is to pirate music now, not that "I need a hero" song
IMG_4738.jpg

IMG_4732.jpg

Entrance to Palo and Remy... sorry it's so blurry
IMG_4721.jpg

IMG_4720.jpg

Palo has been given a very fancy facelift!
IMG_4718.jpg

IMG_4703.jpg

Chandelier at the entrance to Palo
IMG_4714.jpg

Only two desserts at Palo are the same, the Panna Cotta and the chocolate souffle. This is an orange soda float!
IMG_4711.jpg

The quick service area is right outside the adults area, while the drink stations are by the kid's area (right there outside the door to Cabanas and by the kid's pool). We were wondering why they were so far away from each other, but we think it is so each area wouldn't get too congested. There were two drink stations, so maybe that will help. It would be like walking on the Magic and Wonder from the adult area to the kid's area.

Thanks! I was hoping that they might be a little closer this time, but understand about the congestion aspect. One other question which I haven't seen an answer to yet. As far as lunch goes, it there both a buffet and table service available? It sounds like on the DCL website that the table service restaurants would only offer buffets for lunch which kind of stinks :(

The District, the adults area on the ship!
IMG_4682.jpg

When you first walk in, these lights flash, like paparazzi are taking your photo
IMG_4667.jpg

The wall when you first walk in
IMG_4668.jpg

The lounge where there is live music... a piano and/or a guitar player were there pretty much at all times
IMG_4673.jpg

Pink, which was closed
IMG_4669.jpg

IMG_4670.jpg

IMG_4671.jpg

687 the sports bar... wish I would've gotten more pics of that place
IMG_4672.jpg

Another look at the lounge... this is wide open as you walk in
IMG_4673.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter