Just Back from SSR this afternoon

DeadHead

Mouseketeer
Just returned from 5 nights (10/20 - 11/03) at the Springs section of SSR, any questions?

DeadHead said:
Just returned from 5 nights (10/20 - 11/03) at the Springs section of SSR, any questions?

No thanks

We were there from 10/22 - 10/26.

How did you like SSR? Was this your first time staying there?

We are a group of 6 going in May. I requested the Springs for us.

1. How was that location in comparison to the Paddocks & Congress Park.

2. Did you use the gym? They love to excercise and I think the Springs is closest to the gym.

3. We are staying in a 2 BR. Did you see one? And lastly, how were the buses?

Thanks for asking by the way!! :)

ro80 said:

2. Did you use the gym? They love to excercise and I think the Springs is closest to the gym.

Thanks for asking by the way!! :)

i just got back from SSR (the springs building) 2 weeks ago and i can try to answer your questions. well, a couple of them anyway.

if i remember right congress park and the paddocks were one of the 1st stops on the bus and the springs was the last. the bus service was slow, but im sure you could walk there too. it just might take a little while.

We also stayed in a 2 bedroom and the rooms were BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!

never checked out the gym, but i heard it was nice.

DeadHead said:
Did you happen to see how far along they are with The Grandstand section and/or The Carousel section? Hoping one is done by our trip in April '07.

Thanks.

Just returned 2 weeks ago also. They are still doing construction at SSR. They had the windows in on one of the buildings that is towards the entrance to the resort already. I was told by a DVC agent that the entire resort will be finished by Nov 2007. This will be great because he told me that once the resort is complete, they will be given the full amount of busses to use for the resort and then, the busing will be much faster than it is right now. :cool1: This resort is absolutely amazingly beautiful !!! I am so glad it is our HOME resort !!!

DeadHead said:

HAve you located/seen the BBQ grill, where are they located ? What is the nearest to it( springs.. etc)

Thanks!

The gym is--hands down--the BEST gym I have ever seen at any hotel or resort worldwide. DH travels globally for work and is a fitness/lifting fanatic. We stayed at SSR two weeks ago and he went out for a run in the morning and then hit the gym (yes...all this BEFORE heading to the parks for the day! :crazy: ). After he finished, he came flying into the villa and was positively exuberant...his exact words, I believe, were "We never have to stay anywhere else ever again...I want every single future vacation to be here at Saratoga Springs..." While he truly loves the resort and pool, etc., this level of excitement was because of the gym. I tried it out later in the week and he was soooo right. State-of-the-art equipment (really, we are both big fitbess buffs and this is truly top of the line stuff), LOTS of equipment so you never have to wait, and positively sparkling clean!

Pool temps were great, btw. Perfect stay. We love the Springs (second time in the Springs) b/c we like being close to the pool, gym, AP, etc.

ANTSS2001 said:
HAve you located/seen the BBQ grill, where are they located ? What is the nearest to it( springs.. etc)

Thanks!

I could not remember where they were located, so checked with a very reliable source, they are located near the playground at Congress Park, under a beautiful pavillon overlooking DD, and at the Paddocks near the quiet pool. It's one of those things you see and go how nice but afterwards when you asked, I was like "Where did I see them?"

Springs does not have any. Carousel and Grandstand will have them.

ro80 said:

Springs is the closest section to the main pool and lobby. We have stayed in Congress Park and Paddock when we have gone to SSR. We didn't mind the walk from our rooms.

ro80 said:
We have not used the gym yet. We did check it out on our last trip. The gym at SSR is incredible for a reosrt. All new equipment and a great selection of machines. Plenty of treadmills, bikes and such too....very impressive.

ro80 said:

Personally, we have not had a problem with the buses. However, I have seen the Springs section bus stop not getting all of the guests on the bus. The Springs bus stop is the last stop in SSR.

Before I made the ressies, I was going back and forth, back and forth between SSR and OKW, but it looks as though I have made the right decision. Even though I don't have to, because my friends are easy to please, I feel like I have to "impress" them because this trip was all my idea. I am SO looking forward to this trip!!! :banana:

ro80 said:
Before I made the ressies, I was going back and forth, back and forth between SSR and OKW, but it looks as though I have made the right decision. Even though I don't have to, because my friends are easy to please, I feel like I have to "impress" them because this trip was all my idea. I am SO looking forward to this trip!!! :banana:

Just my personal opinion but i LOVED SSR WAY WAY WAY better than OKW.
SSR beds were unbelievable and i got the best sleep EVER. The pillows... well i had to ontrol my self from takin one cuz they were SOOOO comfortable. OKW beds... rock hard and squeaked everytime you moved. Maybe it was just our rooms bed (2br all the beds were that way)... i also like the layout of SSR rooms better than OKW and the overall hotel better at SSR.

The bussing was a lot better at OKW though. I never had to wait more than 2 minutes for a bus, and there was ALWAYS one at the parks when i wanted to leave.

But over all, SSR was my favorite and once the work on SSR is completed they are going to have more busses running through it to match OKW. :thumbsup2

I asked my parents to send me and a couple friends down there for my 21st birthday. I doubt it's going to happen, but the friend i took a few weeks ago is already hooked and mentions wanting to go down there EVERY time i talk to her!

3DisneyKids said:
The gym is--hands down--the BEST gym I have ever seen at any hotel or resort worldwide. DH travels globally for work and is a fitness/lifting fanatic. We stayed at SSR two weeks ago and he went out for a run in the morning and then hit the gym (yes...all this BEFORE heading to the parks for the day! :crazy: ). After he finished, he came flying into the villa and was positively exuberant...his exact words, I believe, were "We never have to stay anywhere else ever again...I want every single future vacation to be here at Saratoga Springs..." .

Wow , SSR has a nice gym but nothing special by any means. Seriously, if you are looking for a great gym at a resort check out the Aventura Spa Palace in Mexico. Great adults only all inclusive with an AMAZING gym. Makes SSR gym look like a closet. Plus it looks out over the grounds, spa pool and the ocean. Check it out, do a google search.

edit: SSR does have the nicest gym of all of the DVC's, just nothing special compared to other gyms I've used worldwide. Good for a timeshare.

epfootballcutie04 said:
SSR beds were unbelievable and i got the best sleep EVER. The pillows... well i had to ontrol my self from takin one cuz they were SOOOO comfortable. OKW beds... rock hard and squeaked everytime you moved. Maybe it was just our rooms bed (2br all the beds were that way)... i also like the layout of SSR rooms better than OKW and the overall hotel better at SSR.

The bussing was a lot better at OKW though. I never had to wait more than 2 minutes for a bus, and there was ALWAYS one at the parks when i wanted to leave.

But over all, SSR was my favorite and once the work on SSR is completed they are going to have more busses running through it to match OKW. :thumbsup2
Glad you love SSR. Those that love SSR are the luckiest DVC members. What could be better than having your favorite DVC be the largest resort on property? :confused3 You'll likely never encounter booking problems there.

Enjoy your future trips to SSR. :thumbsup2

dumbo71 said:
epfootballcutie04 said:

Glad you love SSR. Those that love SSR are the luckiest DVC members. What could be better than having your favorite DVC be the largest resort on property? :confused3 You'll likely never encounter booking problems there.

Enjoy your future trips to SSR. :thumbsup2

Thank you!

The whole thing is... is that my parents are the DVC owners, so i go when they allow it :goodvibes . Hopefully they allow it often!.... very often!!!!

However, to be fair, i have only checked out SSR and OKW in regards to DVC property, so i can't comment on the others, BUT... if i never went to another idsney resort as long as i live-except for SSR, that would be FINE WITH ME!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter