• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just Back From Sheraton Vistana

doubled07

Mouseketeer
We just returned from our first trip to Sheraton Vistana. First off I want to thank Maria and others from this board for all the info and advice about Vistana. Maria's advice about unplugging the phone is right on the mark because we hadn't been in our villa for more than an hour and the calls started. We unplugged after that first call and didn't plug it back it until we were leaving. Thanks Maria.

We had filled out a Diamond Lane registration before our arrival and when we did arrive on Friday 6/9 at 1pm our room was not quite ready yet so we went to Pizza Buffet across the street (it's not that great) and had lunch. When we checked back in after lunch our villa was ready. We received an upper floor room in the Cascades section #2175. We had listed Lakes as our first choice and Cascases second but we could not have been more pleased with our villa. All the furnishing appeared to be relatively new and we were just a short walk to the Cascades pool. We really liked this location.

We only had a couple of problems during our stay. When we checked in they first had some difficulty locating our Diamond Lane reservation but when the clerk called over a supervisor she quickly found it and explained the resort and it's amenities in great detail. One day upon returning from the parks out key wouldn't work and after wating 15 minutes after security was called I just drove back up front and got another key from the Key Pick Up Clerk and we were quickly back in our villa.

The Cascades pool was the only pool we visited but it was great and we met alot of other friendly people there. Had a couple of drinks from the nearby Cascades Bar & Grill and other than being overpriced they were very good. We also had some pizza from the Pizza Hut at the General store and it was good too.

Overall our stay at Vistana was very very good we would not hesitate to stay there again. Again thanks for all the info Maria.

doubled07
Texas

SeattleMark said:
Did you stay at Vistana RESORT or Vistana VILLAGE?

He was at the Vistana Resort - it's the one with the different names for all of its sections... Cascades, Springs, Palms, Falls, Courts, Spas, Fountains and Lakes. It's a monster place.

Vistana Village is much smaller, and has numbered buildings in its main section and a newer section called the Keys.

Thanks for the trip report doubled07!

We are checking in on Saturday for a family reunion (19 of us). We usually stay on site but it was just too expensive for this time of year for that many people. We are a little nervous but we have also followed Marias advice and have done our Diamond Lane Reservation and have requested the Lakes or Cascades sectione (we have rented 3 2-bedroom villas). I will definately remeber to tell everyone to unplug their phones. We all have cell phones so we can call each other if need be with those.

Im so glad you had a great time! :wave:

edcopp said:
He was at the Vistana Resort - it's the one with the different names for all of its sections... Cascades, Springs, Palms, Falls, Courts, Spas, Fountains and Lakes. It's a monster place.

Vistana Village is much smaller, and has numbered buildings in its main section and a newer section called the Keys.

Is Vistana Village supposed to be nicer overall - primarly thinking about the rooms/townhomes themselves?

SeattleMark said:
Is Vistana Village supposed to be nicer overall - primarly thinking about the rooms/townhomes themselves?

I stayed at VV in 2001 when it was brand new and twice since. It is wonderful! The main section has buildings 1-10 and the newest section (Keys) has just opened. It is further away from the large pool but does have it own pool and of course access to everywhere. I love the Vistana Resort because the vegetation/flowers/ponds etc are so nice to walk around but VV is getting there. The units are all gorgeous so there is no fear of getting an "old and tired unit" That being said I have stayed in nearly every section at VR and never had a problem. I know some people have so they can comment on that. Basically, if you are only doing WDW then Vistana Resort is best but if you are also going to SW or US then VV is closer. There really is only 5 minutes between the properties.

Teresa :sunny:

Wish I was going back soon ~ I love it there.

Hi doubled07 :wave:
Welcome back and thanks for the TR. So glad to hear you had a nice time :thumbsup2 Glad I could help out a bit. I'll be at Vistana on Aug 6 (and unpluggin' the phone too !). We're splitting our stay between there and OKW. :yay:

Thanks for the trip report! :cool1: Who did you book through for the Sheraton Vistana and how much did it cost?

We got our booking to Vistana via a winning bid on Skyauction. After Skyauction fees & the bid the total ended up to be about $600 for a 7 day stay in June. We considered that to be very much a bargain for a Vistana stay in June.

doubled07

Why unplug the phones? Do they try to get you to listen to a timeshare presentation?

As Maria has pointed out before after you've completed check-in at registration they direct you to pick up a welcome package. This is also a set-up to get you to attend a presentation. Just bypass this unless you really do want to attend one. They did this with us too and we just walked out after completing check-in as Maria had suggested.

doubled07

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter