• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just Back from my first stay at SSR

Laurabearz

I cant load my bobbin!
My first trip to SSR, and now I have stayed in all the current DVC resorts!!!

SSR is a lovely resort. The details in the buildings are marvous. Outside hallways didnt bother me a bit. In fact I think the outside hallways made the normal noise from the hallways almost non-exsistant.

We stayed in room 4745, the one bedroom portion of a 2 bedroom lock off. Last room on the corner. We had a lovely view too! It's in the Paddock section, but our bus stop was Carasosol (spellng waaaaaaaay off sorry)

Here are some pictures of our view... sorry the night shot is so poor, not sure if you will be able to make out the lights from DTD in the back... also the 'water only' picture is a photo on one of the two turtles we shared our morning coffee with every day :-)

47b7da02b3127cce8308e808862300000016108AZsWLNozbNR

same view but durning the day...

47b7da02b3127cce8308ebe8476a00000016108AZsWLNozbNR

47b7da02b3127cce8308e97d47fe00000016108AZsWLNozbNR

Front of our building...

47b7da02b3127cce8308e14b47cc00000015108AZsWLNozbNR

another nice detail in our building...

47b7da02b3127cce8308e18ac63d00000015108AZsWLNozbNR

I LOVED the tile in the elevator! lol

47b7da02b3127cce8308e67f865300000016108AZsWLNozbNR

and our turtle friend...

47b7da02b3127cce8308d5e5477800000016108AZsWLNozbNR

Over all we had a lovely trip, but I dont think I will be returning to SSR anytime soon. We found the layout confussing (although if we had our kids with us, and walked around more, that issue might be resolved lol) but still It's too big, to spread out, to far to go for a bite to eat (even if you drove to the main building, it was still a hike to the 'bar' and such.) In other words, not the resort for us. BUT it is a lovely resort. The detailing is wonderful. We enjoyed the blowing of the horn to signal race time, and other little details like that.

Thank goodness DVC makes chocolate, vanallia and strawberry resorts, each and every resort has a different feel. SSR was just not the right match for us.

Hope you all enjoyed the pictures :-)

Laura, you took the words right out of my mouth. A beautiful place, but way too big. We were in Carousel, so I know exactly where you are talking about (our room was right in front of the bus stop you mention). I loved my week there with my son, but we won't be going back either. Thanks for the pics!

Thanks for the pictures, Laurabearz. I love the view you had.

We are making our first trip to SSR in July. I am hoping we will be close to the main pool since this trip is for us to chill out (of course, I am still trying to explain the concept of "chilling out" to my children).

It is good that even though the resort isn't a match for you that you can still see something nice in it. Glad you had a nice trip.:goodvibes

Yet another "it's beautiful but we won't be going back thread." As a current owner I'd have to agree. Can't wait until 2042 (or whenever DVC I expires) when that pesky 7 month window will be less of a problem. :thumbsup2

Can't wait until 2042 (or whenever DVC I expires) when that pesky 7 month window will be less of a problem. :thumbsup2
It's true that as of Jan 31, 2042, there will suddenly be a lot fewer DVC members competing for reservations at 7 months, but there will also be fewer DVC resorts with BCV, BWV, OKW, VWL, HHI and VB no longer part of DVC.

I chose to book there because I wanted to stay there and give it a try.

The more I think about it, I really need to give SSR another chance with the kids, explore the resort more....

This is a true DVC spirit! Glad you have gotten to stay at all the DVC resorts!:thumbsup2

~DW:3dglasses

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter