Just back from Kidani - WOW!!!

Brave teacher

DIS Veteran
We returned back this evening from our trip to Kidani. We were completely blown away by the resort.

We were in room 7504. We loved this location. We were in the first bead to the right of the lobby on the fifth floor. Very close to the lobby elevator and 2 beads down from the Timon elevator for the garage. My DH actually videoed our boys pulling their suitcases down the hall from the Timon elevator looking for our room. The walk from the garage elevator to our room took less than one minute. The room was a quick walk to the bus stop and to the pool. We would definitely request being in the first bead again.

I know that the 1BR has about 100 sf more than other 1BR, but we did not realize how much bigger it would feel. We thought the room felt so much roomier than our 1BR at SSR.

When we returned from dinner on the first night, there was a maintenance man waiting at our door for us to return. Housekeeping had reported a need to replace some light bulbs. My DH likes to keep the privacy sign on the door throughout the entire trip. He just so happened to come to our room as we were returning. He said even though he had a report of burned out light bulbs by housekeeping, he would not enter the room because of the privacy sign.

Lots of animals roamed the savanah the entire week. The boys liked checking off the animals on the identification sheet.

We had dinner at Sanaa on Sunday night. My DH has said that this has easily become his favorite restaurant in all of WDW. We requested and were granted a seat by the window. Even though they could see the animals from our room, the boys loved being able to see them while we ate.

There were so many things for us to do around the resort. After dinner SUnday night, my DS2 and I were heading to community hall and ran into some of the CM singing in the lobby on their way to the library to give a lesson on marriage traditions in Africa. My DS6 LOVED the arcade. He could have easily spent all day in there if we would not have limited his time.

The pool was awesome. A good piece of information for parents is that there is only one way in and out of the water play area. It may also be a good idea to wear a pair of aqua shoes because my boys were constantly slipping and falling near the water cannons. BTW, some of those waterfalls come down pretty hard. The pool never seemed overcrowded. There was always a place to sit. We visited the pool everyday around 2 and would leave around 4 or 5. The slide was fun and QUICK. The key card gate worked off and on throughout the week.

The buses were great. There was never a problem. We were often some of the only people that got off at Kidani. We didn't wait longer than 10 minutes for a bus.

I walked to Jambo on Sunday morning to get a few croissants for breakfast. I get 2-3 at a time and put the rest in the fridge for the week. I walked inside of the building all the way to the Zazu elevator and followed the trail to Jambo from there. I returned the same way. I was able to walk to Mara, get pastries, and walk back into my room in 15 minutes. It was not a bad walk at all. We also walked the trail on our first night to go to Boma and were there in less than 10 minutes.

We loved the parking garage! I didn't care what it looked like. I just love that our vehicle was less than 80 degrees when we would get in it in the middle of the day.

The only negative thing we had to say about the room was that the beds were the squeakiest beds we have ever experienced. Just rolling over on your side made it sound like something x-rated going on in the room. It eventually became a joke with us that the bed was so loud. It was a very comfortable bed though.

All we have to say is that we loved this resort! The boys cried when we left, and my DS 2 told my DH this morning that Kidani was his new home. He said we didn't have to go back to Louisiana. We cannot wait to return next year!

Thank you so much Megan for sharing your wonderful stay with us.

We can't wait for ours. I am starting to wish we were staying here for the 7 nights and not splitting our stay. I think we will enjoy the resort more than the parks this time around.

Thanks for sharing all your tips about the Kidani and glad that you had a great time. :goodvibes

I'm really hoping that we can get a ressie there for our stay next year as we want to have a more relaxing WDW vacation next time. I think sitting out on the balcony watching the animals sounds ideal! :cloud9:

Wow! What a nice trip report! I'm glad that the CM's will be having talks in the library. It's one thing that I like about Jambo house, the evening talks, and I wasn't sure if Kidani would have them.

Bobbi:goodvibes

We head out three weeks from today! :dance3: Your TR only helps build the already heavy anticipation! Glad you had such a great trip!

Glad you had a great trip, thanks for sharing! Can't wait to stay there in October...

Loved your report - thanks for sharing it. You've made me want to stay at Kidani, too.

Thanks for sharing your TR at AKV. I'm looking forward to staying there in March.

Thank you for the glowing report!
I had no idea that the one bedrooms at Kidani are bigger than SSR.
Can't wait for our first Kidani trip in August.:cool1::cool1:

Great trip report! I can't wait till one week from today and my turn to spend a week at Kidani.:cool1: I'm pretty sure this will be my new fav at WDW (of course those tree house villas look interesting....). I know my grandkids will love the animals and the pool.:thumbsup2

Wow! What a nice trip report! I'm glad that the CM's will be having talks in the library. It's one thing that I like about Jambo house, the evening talks, and I wasn't sure if Kidani would have them.

Bobbi:goodvibes

I believe the nightly talks take place at 8 every evening. Check the schedule board every day. They even put the CM's picture with the schedule so you know who will be leading the discussion.

Thank you for posting your trip report. We're really looking forward to our stay in August, especially after reading reports like yours!

Thank you for such a wonderful report. It makes me so proud to be an AKV owner!! I can't wait until our stay.

I know that the 1BR has about 100 sf more than other 1BR, but we did not realize how much bigger it would feel. We thought the room felt so much roomier than our 1BR at SSR.

Do you think you could fit a single air mattress in the living room? We have to leave a two bedroom and go into a one bedroom for two nights (my husband decided to come at the last minute). There will only be five of us, but My mom will need her own room.

The pool never seemed overcrowded. There was always a place to sit.

Is there any shady area at the pool? (not in the play area).

Thanks.

Thanks for a great report. My family and I will be there next week! :banana: It sounds as though the resort can be very relaxing and I am really looking forward to this trip as we are not going park commando.
My son and his wife have not had a vacation in 2 years due to job changes etc. We are taking my 14 month grand-daughter and I am sure we will enjoy the pool and the activities in the resort.

Do you think you could fit a single air mattress in the living room? We have to leave a two bedroom and go into a one bedroom for two nights (my husband decided to come at the last minute). There will only be five of us, but My mom will need her own room.

Yes, there was enough room in the living room for a single air mattress. Don't forget though. The chair in the living room does unfold into a sleeper chair. We did open it up to see how comfortable it was and I found that it was comfortable.

Is there any shady area at the pool? (not in the play area).

There is a line of loungers facing away from the pool that faces the water play area that seemed to be in the shade for most of the day. I did not check out the loungers on the opposite side of the pool, but I do think the loungers near the far side of the pool near the towel return may have been shady as I think there was some foliage there. Don't count out the loungers by the play area though. They are very entertaining. There are motion sensored sprayers at the entrance to the play area and constantly spray at unexpected passers-by all day long. It is quite humorous. As far as inside of the play area, there are 2 wooden benches on either side of the play area. They are shaded. Obviously, there is some shade to be found at Maji pool bar.

You mentioned squeaky beds... did you have a king? Was the pullout the squeaker?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter