Just back from Dream 6/3-6/6

OhioStateBuckeye

DIS Veteran
We just got back from a fantastic 3 night cruise on the Dream. In fact, it was the Dream's last cruise from it's home port of Cape Canaveral. The Dream will sail out of Miami for the foreseeable future.

We did have some tropical storm worries, the seas were never too rough but we didn't make our scheduled Castaway on Saturday, we sailed way off course to find calmer seas.

Good news is we were able to reschedule Castaway and dock on Sunday, which was a very hot, sunny day!

In case anyone is still wondering about COVID protocols:

-we were one of the last cruises to have to test at port. I believe that will not be happening any longer.

-buffets were self serve

-drinks and ice creams were also back to self serve

-the adult areas at night were putting out snacks and appetizers again

-at dinner we were still seated with only our party

-masks were worn by the crew but we were never asked to put them on

Anyone have any questions I can help with?

We were on the same cruise together. :) Palo brunch was as amazing as everyone raves about. If I'm in a sit down restaurant for more than 30-40 minutes, I feel like they're holding me hostage. 1.5 hours at Palo just flew by.

We were on the same cruise together. :) Palo brunch was as amazing as everyone raves about. If I'm in a sit down restaurant for more than 30-40 minutes, I feel like they're holding me hostage. 1.5 hours at Palo just flew by.

Did you have a good time, overall?

My biggest complaint is that I never relax on vacation. I was up early Saturday wondering over whether we'd be able to dock or not. Was pretty tired for most of the weekend.

Yeah, over all we had a great time. It was our first cruise so Castaway was a big item on our list and I'm glad we were able to go, even if all of our shore excursions were cancelled. It's easy for me to knitpick this thing and that, but my only real complaint outside of the app was the lack of communication. I suspect things are better communicated on a cruise that doesn't have to contend with a hurricane. We missed the fireworks because we had no idea they were happening until the first boom. Yeah, it was listed in the app, but so are dozens of other events. It should be flagged as a signature event, to ensure guests don't scroll past it. Our 7 & 9 year old kids want to take a longer cruise so we'll definitely book another one.

So I just spoke to dining services on the Wonder, according to them if there’s space on the ship they aren’t going to seat anyone together yet, but if the ship is too crowded like it seems like the Fantasy was last week, they will start seating parties together.
Yes, it was reported on another thread that the Fantasy last week (with ~3100 guests) was combining parties in the MDRs. It will all depend on how many passengers are onboard any given cruise.

Yeah, over all we had a great time. It was our first cruise so Castaway was a big item on our list and I'm glad we were able to go, even if all of our shore excursions were cancelled. It's easy for me to knitpick this thing and that, but my only real complaint outside of the app was the lack of communication. I suspect things are better communicated on a cruise that doesn't have to contend with a hurricane. We missed the fireworks because we had no idea they were happening until the first boom. Yeah, it was listed in the app, but so are dozens of other events. It should be flagged as a signature event, to ensure guests don't scroll past it. Our 7 & 9 year old kids want to take a longer cruise so we'll definitely book another one.

Yeah that was a tough one. We heard them say the re-scheduled fireworks time over the intercom/whatever you call it one day. I can totally understand missing it, we were eating by the Cove Cafe in the adult area outdoors. We could hear the announcement just fine. I went to get us drinks from the midship drink station and once I got close to the pool I could vaguely hear someone talking over the intercom but I couldn't make anything out. So we were only lucky to hear the announcement because we were in the relatively quiet adult area.

We missed the fireworks because we had no idea they were happening until the first boom.
Well, you didn't miss much. They were such a disappointment seeing as how they were basically during the day! I think my daughter was forever ruined with the fireworks because you could see all the brown smoke! She was like "the smoke is brown!?! That is awful!" Then we're watching fireworks at Epcot a couple nights later and she says, "I know the smoke is brown and I'm still mad about it." LOL. It was super odd that it wasn't listed as fireworks in the app. And the party felt really odd/truncated.

Thank you for your update. We are going on the Dream on July 4th for a 5 night with our daughter and her family and it will our granddaughter's first DCL. So excited!! She is only 14 months but loves Mickey and Minnie. I love the fact that our kids grew up on DCL and now their kids are as well. 3rd generation!

This will be our 3rd time sailing out of Miami since cruising started and while I LOVE sailing out of PC, Miami is not that bad. The views are beautiful while sailing out.

Is DCL still using terminal C at Miami for the Dream like they did for the Magic?

MJ

We just got back from a fantastic 3 night cruise on the Dream. In fact, it was the Dream's last cruise from it's home port of Cape Canaveral. The Dream will sail out of Miami for the foreseeable future.

We did have some tropical storm worries, the seas were never too rough but we didn't make our scheduled Castaway on Saturday, we sailed way off course to find calmer seas.

Good news is we were able to reschedule Castaway and dock on Sunday, which was a very hot, sunny day!

In case anyone is still wondering about COVID protocols:

-we were one of the last cruises to have to test at port. I believe that will not be happening any longer.

-buffets were self serve

-drinks and ice creams were also back to self serve

-the adult areas at night were putting out snacks and appetizers again

-at dinner we were still seated with only our party

-masks were worn by the crew but we were never asked to put them on

Anyone have any questions I can help with?
Who were your food servers and would you recommend them?
Thanks!

Would you also like to comment on your servers? Were they new and/or did they provide an exceptional experience?
TIA

Same question here. And, if yours did kids club, were the characters there and interactive?
My DD went to the kids club one night and they had a plutos pajama party, he came and interacted with the kids and then the kids got a DCL drawstring bag as a gift and inside was a Pluto pillowcase you can color so I thought that was cool she enjoyed it.

We were on this cruise also! Some of the worst land sickness I've ever had getting off the boat but thankfully I slept through the worst of the swells overnight Saturday. We figured when we signed up that the castaway/sea days would switch

Had to do the 90 day recovery which was only annoying from the standpoint that they wont approve or deny it until you actually arrive. Thankfully was able to board.

Honestly, the ship felt busy but not overly so. The only gripe I'll say is that a 3 night cruise is just not long enough. I always feel like I spend most of the 3 days trying to figure out what I want to do and by that time, the cruise is over.

Food was good. Service was good. No real complaints. Nice to not have to wear masks on board inside.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter