• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just back from Coronado Springs-any ??

Tnkrbl2199

I love WDW
We just returned last night from CSR. What a beautiful resort! We requested Ranchos (we are a couple who wanted a little seclusion) 2nd, or 3rd floor & were able to check in to our room at 10:45am when we first arrived and were upgraded to a corner room with the water view, no charge. They said it was a birthday upgrade. I celebrated my 24th birthday on Saturday. A few days into the trip, a fridge showed up in a room with a cake in it (from home). They said the fridge would be complimentary for the rest of the trip.
About CSR:
Amazing service from cast members
It is big but we didn't mind the walking
Pepper market was average in all aspects
Room was great, very clean and housekeeping was very accomodating.
Bus service was the best I have ever had!!!
Any questions are welcome!
:)

Welcome back, and thanks for the report.

I will go to WDW and stay at CSR in October. At first I was worrying about getting Rancho. But not anymore since I have heard a lot of good comment on that section.

Great report Tnkrbl2199. Welcome back! I love hearing these kind of reports on CSR! It's one of WDW's best kept secrets

Welcome back and I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at CSR! I will be there in August with my boyfriend and I love reading reviews on the resorts. There are a few questions that come to mind...First, I understand that there are hammocks along the beach, did you happen to notice if there were beach chairs as well? Could you tell me more about your experiences at the Pepper Market? That is the one part of the resort that I am still uncertain about. Thanks, and happy birthday!!

Glad you had a good time! :)

I'm staying at CSR in August and was wondering how long your walk was from the Ranchos to El Centro?

Okay-sorry it took so long..busy week.
The pepper market:
Attempted pizza-undecooked to the point of mushy dough. When I asked if they could put it back in the oven I was told they were too busy. I asked to speak to a manager who gave me a similiar attitude but put it in. I kept my eye on it though-ya' never know. My boyfriend tried a cheeseburger and fries. They like to undercook things-fries were mushy and room temp and the burger was reheated-definitely cooked a few hours ago. The service was terrible as I refused to pay the 10% twice for no one ever coming to the table to get us drinks and such. Didn't have a prob getting the 10% taken off.
The cabanas section has a beach with hammocks-didn't notice any chairs except by pools. My opinion, the cabanas were the least appealing from the outside. They looked rundown though I think they are supposed to look a little weathered. I felt the Ranchos had the best theme and most attractive. Long walk to main area from our room in 7B but it didn't bother us except when it started pouring rain when we had just walked past the casistas. Otherwise-not bad but young kids or older adults may prefer a shorter distance. TIP-it seemed to take less time to go from ranchos to cabanas to el centro rather than ranchos to casistas to el centro.
We absolutely loved CSR. Had a great time this trip!!!

Love reading about CSR!!
We stayed there last year for 5 nights and I loved it!! DH did not care for it as much. He felt that there were too many "business types". We happen to be there during a big convention!
Anyway....after having just returned from CBR and Poly.....
Well nothing will compare to the Poly....but since it is a little pricy for every trip......
So I think next trip will be to CSR!!! Hopefully it will be soon and at a great rate!!!
We are planning May '03, but just may sneek in a short Oct trip!!:D :D

Sorry to hear your Pepper Market visit was so poor!! We really liked the PM!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter