• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just back from Contemporary..Awesome

tiggergirlinMI

Now living 30 minutes from the World!
We stayed on the 12th floor Tower section in an old room,BUT the view of Bay lake was awesome and so peaceful. We only had to walk out to the stairs outside at night to see the most perfect view of Wishes, with the music piped in, was so much better than seeing it in the Magic Kingdom. Thought I would post that seems the only rooms left to update are 1 or 2 bottom floors and they are doing the 12th and 11th floor Magic Kingdom side now. So seems it won't be long before the whole tower is done.
Only problem we had was when we pushed the down elevator button, the one that was barricaded off on the 12th floor, the single one? Seemed to always want to come get us. But we couldn't board it, we finally found a way to just push UP and then would get in and go DOWN. Staff was awesome. Bus service great, Walking to the MK is the best. This will always be our favorite resort and next time knowing the tower rooms will be finished being renovated, we can enjoy a newer room. We did get to see inside the newer rooms, very contemporary, I will miss the counter space in the bathroom but they do look very very nice!

Hi,
Looking forward to our stay at CR in August. Do you know if the wings are finished with their renovations?

From what we were told and saw, the south wing is totally renovated, and I would say 3/4 of the Tower. I was worried we would hear the work being done, but we didn't. Also, the construction guys I encountered were so friendly also, they could have passed as CMs! haha.....

Darn.....I was hoping to see some of those dripping hot sexy shirtless ripped construction workers like they show on TV.... :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I'm so glad to hear this! I just made Atrium Club reservations for September - I've ALWAYS wanted to stay at the Contemporary, but it has never been available when I wanted to go.

SOOO excited!

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at the CR. The Contemporary is my favorite resort! :love:

I am sooooo glad to hear that your stay was awesome. I booked today for the end of October, MK view, tower room. Will they be finished with the tower room refurbs by October?

I agree with you on the Bay Lake view. I had requested a MK view, our trip was before you could reserve it. We got a Bay Lake view and we really loved it. Did just what you did, walked out to the stairs at the end of the hall to watch Wishes. I really enjoyed sitting on the balcony at night overlooking the lake.

We just got back from the CR last week as well and I agree, awesome! We were in the north wing garden view room and it was wonderful. The view of the lake was gorgeous, and we loved being just steps away from the pool, playground, and the walkway to the MK. I had stayed one night at the CR a few years ago, my first Disney resort stay, actually, but now that we've stayed a few days, it is definitely my most favorite Disney resort of the ones I've had the pleasure of staying in so far!

Glad to hear you had a great trip! We have 14th floor ressie for mid September and are very excited. :) I'm still a little nervous that we'll get bumped elsewhere because they will be renovating that floor at the time. I am just keeping my fingers crossed that they will be done before we get there!

Good info to hear. We are staying in the Tower in November and I booked just Tower before they came out with the different catergories. So it's nice to hear that the Bay Lake view isn't all bad if I can't get an MK one :)

Thanks to the FREE dining plan offer, we were able to upgrade to a TOWER room from the new family suites at Asmu. We were looking foward to staying in the new suites. When I called WDW tonight to ask about the free dining plan, (which wasn't available with the suites) the CSM said she could get us in "THE TOASTER" (her little nickname for the tower) for $45 dollars more than we were paying. SOLD!!!! (My husband has always wanted to stay in the tower and since we will be celebrating his 40th b-day in WDW it was a no brainer!!! :mickeyjum

TOASTER here we come!! :stitch:
Got to love it when the CSM's use some of the Disney Magic :tink: Plus she gave us a special message from Goofy :goofy:

Rowlf said:
I'm so glad to hear this! I just made Atrium Club reservations for September - I've ALWAYS wanted to stay at the Contemporary, but it has never been available when I wanted to go.

SOOO excited!

We'll be at the Atrium Club Sept 23-30. I am so excited and can't wait. Glad to hear you had a great time at the CR. This will be our first trip staying there.

oh I've always wanted to stay at the CR!! ;) When I was little and we ate at the CR for the first time, I used to think that only rich people were allowed to stay there :rotfl2:

But I'll go there....some day :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter