• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just Back from Best Western Lake Buena Vista

lovinpoohbear

lovinpoohbear
Just back and it was great! VERY clean and beautiful view of DTD. Bath and Body Works toiletries supplied daily...yummy Warm Vanilla Sugar Soap and shampoo and lotion. Staff friendly....Room service pricey but good quality items. Go to their website, all rooms are newly renovated and look just like the photos on the web. Great stay...Any questions?

Just back and it was great! VERY clean and beautiful view of DTD. Bath and Body Works toiletries supplied daily...yummy Warm Vanilla Sugar Soap and shampoo and lotion. Staff friendly....Room service pricey but good quality items. Go to their website, all rooms are newly renovated and look just like the photos on the web. Great stay...Any questions?

Great to hear your stay was nice! We are thinking of trying this hotel in Oct.
My questions:
*Have you stayed ON-site? If so, on a scale of 1-10 (1 being Low), did you feel like you "missed out" on the disney magic?

*We don't spend much time at our hotel-- but we do like to swim before dinner. How was the pool?

*How do you get to DTD from the hotel?

*Does every room have a balcony and view of either DTD or MK?

*Did you find it difficult to get to the parks? We will not have a car and will be relying on Disney transportation.

Any other tips you may have for our stay there would be helpful! We have only stayed at POR and couldn't even tell you what was on the outside of the "Golden, Disney Gates"!

Thanks so much!!:flower3:

We have Best Western booked for the end of May, and I'm wondering if I am going to regret not staying at a disney resort. How was the transpotation services to and from the hotel, do they consecutively go every 30 minutes? Did you have any problems with anything during your stay? I've heard both pros and cons about the hotel.

Great to hear your stay was nice! We are thinking of trying this hotel in Oct.
My questions:
*Have you stayed ON-site? If so, on a scale of 1-10 (1 being Low), did you feel like you "missed out" on the disney magic?

*We don't spend much time at our hotel-- but we do like to swim before dinner. How was the pool?

*Did you find it difficult to get to the parks? We will not have a car and will be relying on Disney transportation.

Any other tips you may have for our stay there would be helpful! We have only stayed at POR and couldn't even tell you what was on the outside of the "Golden, Disney Gates"!

Thanks so much!!:flower3:
I don't feel like I 'missed" any magic, I would say an "8". Last week was chilly and the one day that it was hot, we went to Aquatica so I cannot comment on the pool. I rented a car so I cannot comment either on the transportation just that we saw it come and go very frequently. Another guest in the elevator did say that the service ran about every 15 minutes but you may want to call the hotel directly to find out. DTD they say is walkable but it looked like it was about a three quarter mile walk so I don;'t recommend it. I know that you can upgrade to a DTD view room, I had requested a fridge and microwave room and although they had said there would be a charge for that per night, the hotel never charged me. There is 6.99 per night resort fee but that includes transportation to the parks and newspaper daily, the bath and body works items and in room coffee maker with the coffee pods and sugar and all. The way I can describe the hotel is like a tropical theme. When you walk into the lobby, there is a wonderful tropical type of fragrance. As far as I know, every room has a balcony with a small table and chairs which is nice to sit on at night. I have stayed at CBR, POFQ, All star movies and Pop Century, Nick hotel and Fairfield Inn Marriott Village. While the hotel is not "Disney" themed, it was close to everything and it was nice to go to DTD in the evenings and be able to get back to the hotel in 5 minutes. (Rental Car) So it was a really nice trip, I was worried after reading some of the tripadvisor reviews but it was VERY clean and good all around. By the way, I got this package for my family of four for $999 for NOnstop Roundtrip airfare for all of us out of NYC, 7 nights at this hotel and Hertz midsize rental car. With the taxes it was $1200 for ALL of us. Through Travelocity. Just a tip! Next door to us was a couple that had paid $125 per night so we really felt like we got a bargain! Any more questions, feel free to ask!!:goodvibes

We have Best Western booked for the end of May, and I'm wondering if I am going to regret not staying at a disney resort. How was the transpotation services to and from the hotel, do they consecutively go every 30 minutes? Did you have any problems with anything during your stay? I've heard both pros and cons about the hotel.
I didn't have a single issue. As far as I know, all rooms have been renovated and if you google Best Western Lake Buena Vista you will come to their site direct and it shows the photos of the new rooms, mahagony furniture and wonderful new mattresses. Great stay, housekeeping GREAT. There is a pizza hut onsite that does room service, the medium pizzas were 11.00 plus $1.50 service charge. There are a few restuarants there but we never ate there. I found the staff Nice and helpful.

Was going to be staying at this place, but got a much better deal with the extended stay in buena vista. Looked great though, and might try again some time.

stayed there in 06 - loved the pool, stayed in Dec - the pool was very warm.
now this is just a simply pool.

there is a bus - but walking is only a few minutes.

no - some of the balconies have a view of I4, and others the city. you pay more for a view of WDW.

the buses worked just fine - no problems - every 20 minutes. the only thing would say is if the buses still share parks - MK/AK, Epcot/Studios - then if you want to leave MK before AK is closed - then walk over to the CR and takes it DTD bus and walk back.

oh these buses also share with the other hotels on your side. but again not a problem fast and efficient.

now your rating - well I have stayed in all WDW resorts - and it does not come close to the deluxes or DVC.

moderate - would say 7

values - would say 7 too

remember this is a hotel - so was shocked to find a family of 5 - all adults was sharing the same size room I had..... won't want to do that ever!!!

look here for discounts on it
www.travelzoo.com

remember that this hotel does not get EMH. the hilton does it has a sale going on now.

We stayed at Best Western LBV in Sept. 2006. They moved us 3 times because the air conditioning wasn't working! None of the rooms had hot water either! We were very disappointed! Was air conditioning and hot water aproblem for you?

I've stayed there 5-6 times over the past few years. If the weather cooperates it is not a bad walk to DTD, I think I timed it once and from lobby to DTD was less than 15 minutes at a steady walk. Nice sidewalks and landscaping along the way and I've never felt unsafe at night. Of course if you are planning to hit the Disney Store and buy a bunch of Mickey stuff a car probably the way to go.

DisDeac

Hi there!

We are staying at the BW a week from today! :teeth: Husband has business, so I am tagging along :)

Two questions...

1) Did you happen to notice if there was WIFI available in the rooms? I will have my laptop...

2) What are the breakfast options there? Any place to grab a quick bagel or muffin before heading out to the parks?

Thanks for the great review!

Hi, I do believe they have free WIFI, I have an iPhone and when I turned it on it will say "Welcome to Best Western Lake Buena Vista" so since that came on I am assuming they have free WIFI, You may want to call the hotel first.
They do have room service, you hang your breakfast order on the door and specify what time you want breakfast. You have to hang this on your door before 11 am. It was kind of pricey but like a HUGE belgium waffle with bacon and a side of fruit was $9.95. (DH and I eat a lot but this one breakfast was more than enough for the two of us) You can order ala carte things like muffins but I am not sure how much they are. There is a little cafe near the lobby that sells "lighter fare" but I am not sure what they have.
There is a coffee maker in the room and supplies to make it which came in handy in the morning.

lovinpoorbear:: Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay!! I am considering booking this hotel; I'm having trouble justifying staying in a Value without the basic amenities. For about the same price I could have a balcony, great view, coffee pot, inside corridors, full service restaurant and room service.:rolleyes1
We have stayed at the BWLBV many times in the past and have always enjoyed our stays.:thumbsup2

ETA....and free WIFI!!!!:teeth:

I agree, we have stayed onsite and offsite, We have stayed at the values and while we enjoyed them, the BW LBV just seems more "upscale". The rooms are more roomy, it was quiet, never heard ANY noise whatsoever. (And the hotel was at full capacity, spring break week) You can't beat the location and the price. I would look into booking through Travelocity, I got 7 nights there, Roundtrip Air from NYC and a rental car for only $999!!! (Four People)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter