Just back from All Star Music

matt&jakesmom

DIS Veteran
The last time we stayed at the All Star Music was 2003. Ironically 16 years later we were in the same building, Rock n Roll. We had a great stay. No issues with buses. The food court was extremely crowded after the pool closed. There was a long line for cup refills nightly. Mostly because they had only one side open for refills. On our last day when I was using my last counter service, I got a cookie and was going to pay out of pocket. CM said you paid enough for the trip, I am not charging for the cookie. And then when we were getting up to throw our trash away, another CM came up and said I'll take care of this, you are on vacation. For us it was those little things that keep us going back. We did decline the mousekeeping during our stay and received the gift card. We had no problems contacting housekeeping for extra blankets and towels. They were very quick in coming to our room after we called. My only negative on our stay was the beds. They were still the double bed with box springs. I hadn't heard a box spring noise in years.

My wife and I have stayed at AS Music every year since 2009, twice in 2013 and I keep returning because of the staff. I always have a comfortable bed and the room is always clean. I just love the staff. They are always so respectful and going out of their way to make my vacation special. W are back at Music in 197 days and we can't wait. Last year we were waiting for our bus to take us to the airport and the girl from the front desk, Sibil, brought out two Mickey Ice Cream bars and thanked us for staying at Music. That is what I call special.

We’ve just got back from a 14 night stay at music. I have mixed feelings. The staff were really nice as usual in general but the food seemed not as good as at sports and movies. Also housekeeping was really hit or miss. We had 4 nights of good housekeeping which really showed how little was done the rest of the time just a towel change. I cleaned the bathroom and floors on a couple of occasions just after checking in and in the middle of our stay. We’re not a messy family and don’t expect much but I specifically did not decline the housekeeping because it was my vacation. We were at rock inn building 3 a good location for us with no issues with noise. Buses were good first week but terrible second week. We stood twice at the bus stop whilst 3 buses came for everypark but Hollywood studios, scheduling really appeared to be an issue. Overall we had a good time and I would stay here again I think we had such a great trip first time my expectations may have Been too high.

Is this a thing? Can you do that at ANY Disney resort and get a gift card? Is it frowned on? If you ask for towels every single day do they frown on it?
You can decline housekeeping at any of the value and moderate resorts. $10 per night minus 1 night. So, for example, 7 night stay equals $60 gift card. You can request towels every day, not frowned upon. They just won't do any cleaning.

You can decline housekeeping at any of the value and moderate resorts. $10 per night minus 1 night. So, for example, 7 night stay equals $60 gift card. You can request towels every day, not frowned upon. They just won't do any cleaning.
Important to note, this must be done when you first arrive at your resort. Even if you checked in online, you need to discuss it with a front desk CM, even before you go to the room.

Important to note, this must be done when you first arrive at your resort. Even if you checked in online, you need to discuss it with a front desk CM, even before you go to the room.
While I’d definitely recommend going to the front desk upon arrival, my sister went to the front desk the morning after her arrival at POR last February and was able to opt of mousekeeping for her room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter