Just back from AKL!

iluvpluto27,

You poor thing -- that noise was just AWFUL! :headache: That sure sounds like a lot more than just painting the exterior. :eek:

Earlier this month, when they first started the work, the cranes were a little intrusive, but there was no noise to speak of.

It can be disappointing. My experiences paying for a better view have never really panned out. We seem to have pretty rotten luck with room views, but are very hesitant to ask to change rooms if the official category given to us is correct. Too much of a hassel, and try not to be complainers. If there is a tree, or an angle of the building that blocks a view, that is the room we get.:confused3

It can be disappointing. My experiences paying for a better view have never really panned out. We seem to have pretty rotten luck with room views, but are very hesitant to ask to change rooms if the official category given to us is correct. Too much of a hassel, and try not to be complainers. If there is a tree, or an angle of the building that blocks a view, that is the room we get.:confused3

We're very much the same. Our first room was a pretty poor pool view but the view doesn't bother us and I wouldn't move rooms over it. However construction sounds and smells do bother me. I hate having to complain about a room, and feel embarassed doing so, but hearing and seeing that all afternoon, each day would have really annoyed me.

Absolutely. I would have made that move too, totally justified. Regarding the trees and the pool view rooms at AKL, wouldn't you think they could trim those things down a bit? They need to rename that woods view IMO!! I bet when the lodge opened, and those trees were new, the views of the pool were much more unobstructed. Of course, if I went with a standard view, I would get one of those rooms overlooking the walkway to the bus-stop. Those look like horrible little dungeons.

Absolutely. I would have made that move too, totally justified. Regarding the trees and the pool view rooms at AKL, wouldn't you think they could trim those things down a bit? They need to rename that woods view IMO!! I bet when the lodge opened, and those trees were new, the views of the pool were much more unobstructed. Of course, if I went with a standard view, I would get one of those rooms overlooking the walkway to the bus-stop. Those look like horrible little dungeons.

Definitely agree, I thought they would trim the trees down too. But the only reason I booked a pool view was so we wouldn't get one of the rooms overlooking the bus stop, so it was fine by me.

We just got back from a stay in a 1 Bedroom on our points. We were in 5234 with a view of the Sunset Savannah. I thought it was TERRIBLE. We had full sun every afternoon and it was way too hot to be on the balcony then. The animals were never on our part of the savannah in the morning or evenings when it was cooler, just in the afternoon when they fed them. It was too hot though to go out there and see them at that time.

We also were facing the new Kidani Village building and it was NOISY. Lots of bull dozer noise and traffic noise from the construction. They were working on the roofs most of the time and that wasn't too bad, but it was very noisy out there.

All in all, we pretty much wasted our points staying with a Savannah View. We had a great trip last year with a view on the Uzima Savannah, but this year we were very disappointed.

So were we & we had used weekend points:mad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter