Just back from AKL Jambo House

What type of room did you have? A Studio or 1 bedroom? I'm interested in the location of your room. We probably will request a pool view if we book Jambo House or book 2 rooms at AKL...I also think that the savanna rooms are sometimes over rated!

As far as the pool...were there plenty of chairs/lounges around the pool area? We really like to lounge and relax by the pool. :thumbsup2

TIA!

Our room number was 2468 on Zebra Trail. There were plenty of chairs by the pool in either the shade or sun.

We will be at AKL in a few weeks for our first stay at that resort, so we are very excited. We are wondering if it is okay for us to use the pool at Kidani while staying at Jambo, as we have heard conflicting reports on this. Anyone know for sure, or did you use the Kidani pool? Also looking for advice on the buses- we will have a rental and will drive to most parks, but we were thinking of busing to MK because of the hassle of going through TTC. Do you think the buses would be faster and more convenient to MK, or driving?

Me and my family will be staying at ALK Villas - Jambo House this November, with a Savannah view.

We will be at AKL in a few weeks for our first stay at that resort, so we are very excited. We are wondering if it is okay for us to use the pool at Kidani while staying at Jambo, as we have heard conflicting reports on this. Anyone know for sure, or did you use the Kidani pool? Also looking for advice on the buses- we will have a rental and will drive to most parks, but we were thinking of busing to MK because of the hassle of going through TTC. Do you think the buses would be faster and more convenient to MK, or driving?

The time it took getting to and from the parks was never an issue, except for one night when we were leaving MK. Disney has new buses that have less seating area and are wider so more people can stand up. This particular night the bus driver packed the bus so full there were 2 aisles of people standing including children. The driver encouraged people to take that bus because he said the next one would not arrive for 30 minutes. It was way too overcrowded and very dangerous. It was crazy!

We will be at AKL in a few weeks for our first stay at that resort, so we are very excited. We are wondering if it is okay for us to use the pool at Kidani while staying at Jambo, as we have heard conflicting reports on this. Anyone know for sure, or did you use the Kidani pool?

Resort guests staying at Jambo or Kidani are welcome to use both pools as well as other amenities. :thumbsup2

It's all still Animal Kingdom Lodge Resort - just different sections.

So very excited... We are staying at AKL for the first time in December and we are super excited. So here is a question for you, having never stayed there before, I was very vague when making our room request... All I said was I wanted a room close to the lobby and elevators. Any suggestion on where I should request a room. All in all... I just want to be close to the bus spot and Mara for my coffee in the morning! :)

Funny, we stayed at POFQ in September 2009 and AKL in May 2010, and found the Mara's selection, speed, and quality of food to be vastly superior to Sassagoula. Actually about halfway into our POFQ trip we gave up on Sassagoula entirely and started eating either at Riverside Mill (POR food court) or in the parks.

We were there in February and really weren't bothered by the bus situation. Sure, the buses stopped at Kidani, but for the most part we always got a seat. As for Boma - we absolutely love it. Have probably been there 3-4 times. It's DH's favorite, so we go there every trip. I'm thinking our next trip we'll be staying at BC, but will probably still go to Boma. It's definitely pricey and I know we don't get our money's worth (which is the case at any buffet we go to), but I would pay that money alone for the pumpkin soup and the desserts!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter