• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just back from a week at the AKL Concierge.

I am also booked directly through Disney and it looks like we are going to be arriving around the same time. I have been in contact with the AKL IP office and they have not mentioned anything. I am going to send them an email as it is my understanding that only the Sunset Savanna is closed. I will post what I get for an answer.

Thank you for doing this, this was my understanding as well.

Resturants - Here as well as anywhere in the parks, if you didn't have a ADR, you didn't get a table. There seemed to be a ton of people on the dining plan which suprised me a bit as the free dining hadn't started yet. AKL REALLY needs a 3rd resturant. The African stuff is fine, but you get really tired of if after a while. I know many people "rave" over Mara. But it was typical WDW fast food to me. Only 2 items on the kids menu (mac & cheese and roasted chicken). There is no place to have a sit down lunch here. Sometimes you don't want to board a bus and treck off someplace for lunch. Since this resort is off in a corner by itself, it REALLY needs a 3rd resturant (IMHO).

Just a little FYI: AKL has 3 restaurants.

Mara - Counter Service

Boma - Buffet

Jiko - Premium, sit down, order off the menu

I'm not sure if all the restaurants are open at this time. They were when we were there in May.

Just a little FYI: AKL has 3 restaurants.

Mara - Counter Service

Boma - Buffet

Jiko - Premium, sit down, order off the menu

I'm not sure if all the restaurants are open at this time. They were when we were there in May.

In *MY* opinion, AKL needs a 3rd *resturant*. To *me* Mara is *counter service* a/k/a, *fast food*.

This is *my* opinion. You certainly don't have to agree.:hippie:

Yes, I know... that's why I was asking for clarification from the OP. If there really is only one savannah open, I won't be very happy, I think the AKL needs to make sure guests are aware of this before we arrive. I find it very odd that I have not been made aware of any of this construction by Disney. I booked my trip directly through them, I'm sure if I had used a travel agent they would've informed me.

Hi

I wouldn't be too sure of that one...

We used a travel agent here in the UK and I only found out about it through this wonderful board. I only got them to admit they knew about it the other day and they told me that they'd heard about it for a month or so but Disney had told them that travellers did not need to be notified as they were that confident it wouldn't impact anyone's trip negatively. :confused:

Quite what that means I don't know. All I do know is that if my trip is impacted, there'll be a significant conversation both with Disney and the travel agent............

Just curious how long your bus ride to the MK took. Also, any specifics on the evening offerings? We are booked conceirge at AK for the first time next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter