Just back from 6 nights at OKW and another Disney "Gotcha!"

JoEllen

DIS Veteran
My 11 yr old and I just returned from 6 nights in a one Bdrm in bldg 16 at OKW. Loved our rooms and the usual OKW hospitality.

I had to pass on this latest "Gotcha" from Disney. We have always enjoyed watching Tinks flight and Fantasy in the Sky from the Tomorrowland Terrace at MK. Great seated viewing for the show. This time when we scoped out our table at the usual hour ahead of time we noted two Disney CM's roping off the front 6 tables and placing a sign for reserved seating. I asked him who they were reserved for and he said they are now held for AAA travel packages. We still got a great table but last week was a low crowd time. Be warned if you go during peak times, you may have to allow more time to hold a good table.
Gosh, first we lost the "secret park" at Epcot to private parties viewing Illuminations, then we lost the terrace in Italy to private parties, what next?
I have to add it was pretty amusing hearing one of the Dads at the Tomorrowland Terrace heckling the CM as to how much the AAA tourists at the reserved tables paid for their vacation. He was sure he had paid more!

I hope they don't start to put up reserved signs along Main St. We may have to stand outside the MK to see the fireworks!!!

Better yet instead of seeing the parade you'll only be able to hear it because they will have reserved all of main street. Money will buy you anything today.

I also think we should be getting these perks. But do we have any voice to change anything? The way I see it DVC calls all the shots.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter