Just back! Any questions?

cujobugs

DIS Veteran
ANY QUESTIONS? We just got off the ship this morning. We did the seven night western. We had a great time and rebooked onboard! Feel free to ask questions.

Hi,

We are leaving tomorrow for the 4 day Wonder trip. Doing the last of the packing. Read some of your posts and packed some snacks for the movies!

One question, do they have juice boxes on board? Was not planning on taking any, hoping to find it on the shi. Bringing sippy cups too in case.

Another question, are there alarm clocks in the rooms?

I am so sure I overpacked, but with DD2 and DS4, ya never know what will happen! LOL

Thanks!!

Stefanie

Hi there,
We just came back from the 4night Wonder on Thurs. and we booked a 7 night western for next year. How were the ports? Are you doing a 7 night Western again? How were the seas? How many formal nights were there if any? Any escursions you recommend? TIA
Laura

gracia98 said:
Hi,

We are leaving tomorrow for the 4 day Wonder trip. Doing the last of the packing. Read some of your posts and packed some snacks for the movies!

One question, do they have juice boxes on board? Was not planning on taking any, hoping to find it on the shi. Bringing sippy cups too in case.

Another question, are there alarm clocks in the rooms?

I am so sure I overpacked, but with DD2 and DS4, ya never know what will happen! LOL

Thanks!!

Stefanie

No juice boxes, for kids they provide paper cups with lids and bendable straws. We brought a sippy for our 2 1/2 year old. Make sure you pack a small bottle of dishwashing soap.

There are alarm clocks in each room (and you can set a wakeup call and have Mickey call you).

cujobugs said:
ANY QUESTIONS? We just got off the ship this morning. We did the seven night western. We had a great time and rebooked onboard! Feel free to ask questions.

welcome back, please let us know when you post a trip report to the trip report board.

imlazar said:
No juice boxes, for kids they provide paper cups with lids and bendable straws. We brought a sippy for our 2 1/2 year old. Make sure you pack a small bottle of dishwashing soap.

There are alarm clocks in each room (and you can set a wakeup call and have Mickey call you).

Thanks!! :flower:

Already packed the soap and will take the alarm clock out. Someone posted to pack one and I thought that was odd....

Stefanie

cujobugs said:

What excursions did you take? How was the dining rotation? What did learn once on the ship that you didn't know? Thanks!!! :wave2:

Juice boxes- I never saw any. They have cups like you would find at a fast food restaurant for kids with cups and lids. No boxes.

Alarm Clocks- There is a non-digital clock in the room shaped like a propeller. It does not glow at night, so that is why some people recommend bringing an alarm clock so if you wake up in the middle of the night you can see the time. You can't see the time with the clock provided. I did not bring a clock, but had a wrist watch on with a light. We easily set the wake up call on the phone everyday. Mickey talks to wake you. The kids thought that fun.

Excursions we took through Disney: Eco tour on Castaway Cay- it was the personal watercraft ride around the island. My DH did it by himself. He wouldn't recommend it because you don't get to play on the watercraft. You only follow a man that talks a little bit. Not worth the money.

The other excursions we booked without Disney were the dolphin swim at Chankanaab Park. It was well worth the money. We also swam with the Sea Lions and had a great time! We booked this on our own and was easy to get there. Taxi ride cost $10 for a family of 5 to get there.
We also booked stingray city on our own through Capt. Marvin. It was fun but wasn't all too enthusiastic about the Capt. Marvin outfit. More will be in my trip report.

Yes, I would do western again. It's a great itinerary for a scuba diving family with kids!

The seas were great except the first night and the last night. Very rocky going through the gulf stream.

Formal nights: On the western formal night was Monday night. Semi-formal was Thursday night.

What I learned after getting on ship I didn't already know: the walkie talkies don't work well at all. Don't bother! The pagers from the kids club sometimes work, sometimes don't. Very frustrating. I recommend to just check on your kids every now and then to confirm they weren't trying to page you. Something else I learned was the atrium was smaller than anticipated.

Any more questions?

Ok, Alarm clock back into the suitcase. I need to know what time it is when I wake up in the middle of the night. We will also do the wake up calls for the kid's sakes. I wonder if there is a speaker phone??

Thks!

Stefanie

gracia98 said:
Ok, Alarm clock back into the suitcase. I need to know what time it is when I wake up in the middle of the night. We will also do the wake up calls for the kid's sakes. I wonder if there is a speaker phone??

Thks!

Stefanie

Hi,

I also left the Magic this morning. Yes, there is a speaker button on the phone.

Hope this helps...

Did you hear anything about the summer 2007 itineraries???

No, we didn't hear anything about 2007. Jocelyn told me the 07 won't be open for booking for "a few months..." other threads on the Dis indicate that the rates will be out in a few days/weeks...

Glad you had a great time - we are leaving in less than two weeks now for Florida - time to think about that packing soon.

Quite pleased about the fact that walkie talkies do not work well on the boat, one less distraction for other passengers and agree, just check in on your family from time to time. After all we all managed before without mobile phones and things.

Glad to about the clocks, we do not have one in our bedroom and rarely wear a watch. After all we are on holiday what does it matter about time.

Brenda :goodvibes

smilingmouse said:
Hi,

I also left the Magic this morning. Yes, there is a speaker button on the phone.

Hope this helps...

We are going on the magic on the 29th, a week or so after the dry docking. So exciting....anything particularly interesting to tell me about the magic?

Tenor :rolleyes1

cujobugs said:
On the 7-night Western, (1) which shows were performed on which nights? and (2) did the regular dining room(s) serve a seafood buffet lunch one of the days (and, if so, which day?)?
Thanks,

pocadots said:
On the 7-night Western, (1) which shows were performed on which nights? and (2) did the regular dining room(s) serve a seafood buffet lunch one of the days (and, if so, which day?)?
Thanks,

And did they show any of the shows in the afternoons in addition to the evening performance??

Inquiring minds want to know about Capt. Marvin's.

Thanks for your report!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter