Just back and we ate in so many places.

jx3smom

<font color=navy>Don't ask me to do dishes<br><fon
We were in WDW for 20 days and had a blast. Here is a list of most the restaurants that we tried. We usually had breakfast in our villas and just snacked for lunch. If you have any questions about any of these please ask.

Cape May Clam Bake
Kona Kafe (breakfast and dinner)
Grand Floridian Tea
Citricos
Rainforest Cafe (downtown)
Tusker House (lunch)
ESPN
Big River Grill
Spoodles (breakfast and dinner)
Palio
Fultons
Beaches and Cream (lunch and snacks)
Planet Hollywood
California Grill
Boardwalk Bakery
Boma
Offsite:
Romanos Macaroni Grill
Landrys
Bahama Breeze
Sweet Tomatos

20 days - WOW! We just came back from 7. How wonderful to have so much time! :earsgirl: I wish my husband would go for a longer trip - I'll work on him for next time :p !

What was your favorite?

We loved California Grill (and our server Ron). I loved Boma for breakfast (but my husband wasn't impressed). We did not like Rainforest Cafe much (especially feeling like cattle as we moved from one line to the next while waiting for a table).

I'm still having withdrawals - how are you handling the real world after such a nice long break?

I'm on my second day back to work and all I can say is UCK! We are going for a short (6 nights) trip in October.

Rainforest was ok at best. We waited over 2 hours and if it hadn't been a Saturday night we would have gone elsewhere.

DH and DS's loved California Grill. I thought it was good but not my favorite.

jx3smom
How do you manage to spend so much time at WDW?

Btw, I've been vacationing in OC NJ all my life. Our first trip of the "summer" is in three weeks! And I can't wait! What are your favorite places to eat in OC? My family and I love Smitty's in Sommer's Point. My sister and I also love Spadafora's.

We are trying Spoodles for the first time in May. Did you like it? What did you eat? Also, do you remember what time you ate at Beaches and Cream for lunch? If we got there by 11:30 would there be a huge wait? Thanks!

hi:wave:
lucky you 20 days::yes::
i'd love to hear about your meals at beaches and cream and kona cafe these 2 are on our list

thanks eve::MinnieMo

I'd love to hear about your meal at Macaroni Grill. We may end up there in May. Did it take you long to get there?:D

20 Days !!!! You lucky girl! How old are your kids? How did you manage so much time away from school? How was Spoodles? What did you have?? Thanks.

20 days WOW!!! I would love to know the following: Which did you like better California Grill or Citricos? How was tea at GF? / what time did you go? How was Spoodles Bkfst.? How was Kona dinner? Thanks!

Tell me about the Big River Grill....what time of day did you eat there?....Did you have a long wait?......How was the food? The price? The service?

20 days is a long time, however we are DVC members at BCV and BWV and my DH is a long time owner of Vistana. We split the stay between all 3. Our 13 yo DS drove down with us and missed 2.5 days of school and our 23 yo DS teaches and took half day of and flew down on Wed. night. They both left 10 days later (flew home) and we had 5 nights to our selves (first time in many years).

Citricos was the best meal we had. The crab app. melted in your mouth and DH loved the shrimp app. just as much. The salmon was incredible and DH said his tuna was perfect. He had a coffee with alcohol and said it was excellent and I had the creme burlee that was good but not what I expected. The service was excellent. We had no wait at all for our 6:40 PS but later the restaurant filled up. We were not hurried and really enjoyed the whole experience.

My DH loved the Cali Grill as did my DS. I thought it was good but not nearly as nice as Citricos. Much noisier, too.

Spoodles was excellent, also. I had the salmon there, too. It is prepared differently and I loved it. DS is a vegetarian and loved his meal. We had ordered a cake from the Bakery (6 in. choc) and the waitstaff brought it over, it was delicious. We had breakfast there our last day and it was very good. I had mickey waffles (4).

We did take out while by the pool at Beaches and Cream. It wasn't ever crowded until around 1. You should have no trouble getting a table at 11:30. Their chicken noodle soup is very good and DH and DS said the veggie burgers were quite good.

Kona Kafe is great. Never a wait to get in. My DH loves the Shrimp omelette for breakfast and he helps me finish my tonga toast, too. They made a special veggie entree for DS at dinner. The dinner was really good and you must save room for dessert.

Macaroni Grill is about a 5 minute drive and we had dinner there on Easter and did not have to wait for a table. The food is good and the prices are reasonable. Lots of vegetarian choices, too.

DH tried the beer sampler. It was not on the menu but he asked and they said they still serve it. He got 7 samples. Each was 4 oz. The price was $4.95, very reasonable especially by Disney standards. We shared an app. because we had been to the tea earlier. We got there around 7 and were seated right away but by 7:30 there was a 20 minute wait.

I am torn between Citricos and California Grill. I am surprising DH with a last minute trip in 22 days. We are leaving the kids behind on this trip so romance and relaxation are key. We have been to Citricos, in 2000. DH has never been to CG. :confused:

I cannot decide and I have to call and make those last minute PS soon!!

lissawynn-We seldom eat in Ocean City. I love the Tuckahoe in in Beesleys Point. We do have breakfast at Oves at 4th Street and the Boardwalk. Our son cooks there in the summer. Spadaforas live down the street from my dad and the food there is good. Of course Mack and Manco pizza is our favorite and Voltacco's have the best subs. You can't beat Mallons sticky buns or Johnson's popcorn, either.

Since everyone is asking, we will be trying the clam bake for the first time in July and would appreciate your thoughts! Thanks in advance. 20 days, I'm jealous.

:wave: Hello
You have a wonderful list of the places you ate at.::yes::
My sister and I would like to take our 84 year old mother to The Grand Floridan Tea, if we need to make a PS for this, how far in advance would we need to do so?
Also what did you think of the Tusker House? I would like to try lunch there too. Were you there for the music and storytelling time?
Thanks for sharing.:)
:wave2: ::MinnieMo
Enid

We love the Cape May. There are so many different entrees. Lots of salads, great corn bread, clams, shrimp, chowders, chicken, pasta, carving station, fish, corn on the cob, steamed veggies, mashed potatos, red potatos, and a kids table (not just for kids) with mac and cheese, chicken, fish and pizza. The desserts are fabulous, too. You do need a ps.

We had a ps for the tea but went 45 minutes early and were seated right away. About half the tables were empty. The tea is great and my DH even enjoyed it. It is so relaxing and the room is pretty.

The Tusker House has a nice selections for lunch. The veggie sandwich is good, the half chicken is really good, as is the chowder. We get the meal deal and get a sports drink and ice cream later outside. It is really a good value.

Sweet Tomatos is on the corner of Kirkman Blvd and International Drive.

There is every kind of salad, vegetables, and toppings imaginable. There were 5 soups, pizza, several breads and muffins, pasta, meatballs, mac and cheese, baked potatos and all toppings available, fruit and a frozen yogurt station (soft serve) with toppings.

Ingredients were listed for everything (great for vegetarians).
You can return to the buffets as much as you want. The place was really clean and your plates were removed quickly.

The price was lunch $6.49 and dinner $8.49 for adults. I'm not sure of kids prices. Drinks were separate, but so what. The price was right. We enjoyed our lunch there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter