Just back...and we ate and ate and ate and ate...

skuttle

DIS Veteran
Well, DH and I returned last night from a wonderful 7 night stay at WDW. We ate A LOT! Here are our reviews:

DAY 1

Plaza Pavillion~MK~Dinner
We arrived at WDW after a 11 hour drive just in time for dinner. We decided to head over to MK to grab a quick bite to eat. Every trip, DH and I get the Italian Stack sandwich at the Plaza Pavillion in Tommorowland! It is great!! If anyone knows of other counter service places that serve this sandwich, please let us know!

Snacks at MK: Mickey shaped rice crispie treat w/ chocolate covered ears...one of my favorites!!

DAY 2

Cindy's ~MK~Lunch
This was our second time at Cindy's for lunch. I love Cindy's...being in the castle is just an amazing experience. Cindy's is a great way to escape from the hustle and bustle of MK....our meal was nice and quiet and very good! DH had the prime rib...he said it was good, but nothing too special. I had Major Domo's Favorite Pie....I loved it! It was really good and not too heavy. For dessert we had...not sure what it was called...it was like bread pudding w/ apples in it with caramel and ice cream on top. It was really good!! We would definately return to Cindy's.

Snacks at MK: Cinammon sugar covered almonds, frozen lemonade.

Spoodles Pizza~BW~Dinner
DH and I split a pizza w/ cheese, ham, and mushrooms. I thought it was great pizza, but DH wasn't too impressed.

DAY 3

Donald's Breakfastosaurus~AK~Breakfast
We had an 8:10am PS for Donald's, which meant we were in the park before it even opened, which was neat. AK is so peacful in the morning when not too many people are around. DH and I always do one character breakfast during each trip and this year we decided to try Donald's. It was your standard breakfast buffet...the food was freash and hot. The characters included: Mickey, Goofy, Donald, and Pluto.

Snacks at AK: Nestle cookie ice cream sandwhich...yum!

Spoodles~BW~Dinner
This was our first time at Spoodles and we were really looking forward to it. We were not disappointed. We started off with the roasted garlic and four cheese flatbread...I could have eaten that as my meal! It was really good. I had the special, which was some kind of fish...I don't exactly remember the kind. It was good, but it wasn't anything too special. DH had the medallions of filet mignon and loved it! This was one of DH's favorite meals. For dessert, we shared the dulce de leche cheesecake which was great. DH would definately go back. I would go back, but I would try a different entree.

DAY 4

Pepper Market~CS~Lunch
We ate at the Peppar Market a couple of years ago and DH wanted to return to get the wet burrito again. He enjoyed it. I had the BBQ Beef sandwhich which was really good, but really really messy!! We would probably return.

Snacks at Epcot: We went to the Land pavillion to go to the AP lounge. While in the Land DH go a piece of butterfinger cheesecake and I got strawberry shortcake. Both were great!

'Ohana~Poly~Dinner
After reading so many wonderful reviews of 'Ohana, we decided to try it for dinner...we were NOT disappointed!! It was as wonderful as everyone always says! We could hardly walk after the meal!! I think we both really enjoyed the wantons and the shrimp! We will definately save more room for the shrimp next time. We were seated at a table near the window...I really enjoyed watching the castle change colors throughout our meal. Later, we were also able to watch the water parade. The hula contest and coconut race gave us a good laugh, too. After our meal, we waddled out to the Poly beach to watch the fireworks. I think DH would agree with me that this was the best meal of the trip! We will definately return!!

DAY 5

Spoodles~BW~Breakfast
We were planning on just grabbing something from the BW bakery on our way to Epcot, but it kept raining off and on so we decided to try Spoodles for breakfast. It was WONDERFUL!! We will definately return to Spoodles for breakfast. We both had the Mediterranean Breakfast Platter which is all you can eat and includes: pastries, eggs, bacon, sausage, breakfast potatoes, french toast, vegetable rotollo, and bread pudding. It was great and a really great deal, IMO! It was only $10.99 per person and trust me...it's A LOT of food!! We couldn't even ask for seconds.

Teppanyaki~Epcot~Dinner
We enjoyed Teppanyaki, but probably won't return. The food was good, but nothing special (especially for the price). There are much better places in World Showcase that I would rather return to. I am proud to say that I ate the entire meal w/ chopsticks!

Snacks: Cheesecake brownie from the Boardwalk Bakery. After Illuminations, we decided to walk back to the Dolphin because I couldn't wait to get a cheesecake brownie from the Boardwalk Bakery!! I had one in December and LOVED it! It is a thick layer of brownie w/ a thick layer of Cheesecake on top! It was sooo good! DH and I both ordered one, but only could eat half. So we saved the other half for breakfast the next morning. :) This is definately a "must-do" for me every trip!!

And another Mickey shaped rice crispie treat w/ chocolate covered ears from MGM! Another "must-do" a couple of time every trip!

DAY 6

Beaches and Cream~ Y&BC~Lunch
After a round of mini-golf, DH and I walked over to Beaches and Cream for a couple of burgers. We ate here in December and enjoyed it, and since we were both craving burgers, we decided to return. After our meal, DH ordered a chocolate shake and I ordered the No Way Jose. We shouldn't have ordered the ice cream, but it all sounded so good! LOL! DH had to force himself to take even one sip of his shake...he was full from the burger and fries! He didn't even drink 1/4 of the shake. I managed to eat close to half of my ice cream...but I was hurting! LOL!

Boma~AKL~Dinner
DH and I had an early dinner at Boma before going to Cirque du Soleil. We ate at Boma in December and enjoyed it so we decided to try it again. We were not disappointed! It was great! Of course, we ate too much and had to waddle out, but we enjoyed it! I would go to Boma just for the potatoes and the desserts! LOL!

DAY 7

Grand Floridian Cafe~GF~Lunch
After a morning at MK, we decided to go to the GF Cafe for lunch before heading over to Epcot. We love the GF...we honeymooned there in June 2000, so being in the GF brings back wonderful memories. :) We really enjoyed our meal. It was a nice, quiet break from the parks. DH had the Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich and I had the Earl of Sandwiches. We both enjoyed them. We skipped dessert because we were going to Epcot after lunch and wanted to save room for all the great snacks in World Showcase!

American Pavillion~Epcot~Dinner
We decided to grab something quick for dinner before heading over to Fantasia Gardens for another round of mini golf (I won, BTW :)). I had a hot dog and DH had a burger. I thought my hot dog was great as far as hot dogs go.

Snacks:
*France: DH had an Elephant Ear and I had a Pralineige. Both were really good, but not has good as our snack from Germany.
*Germany: I don't really know what it was called, but it was GREAT! It was like a german chocolate cookie. It was an oatmeal cookie topped w/ caramel, coconut, and chocolate. It was great!! I have officially added it to my "must-do" snack list!!

Well...there's the explanation of how I gained 8 pounds at WDW!
:rolleyes:

Great report, Allison, you made me hungry and eager to get back to WDW in a few months. I too, really enjoy 'Ohana dinner as well as Spoodles breakfast. The AK breakfast is alwyas a hoot too. You and Ryan sure sound like you both ate in style. Oh, one more thing, I like the BW Bakery a LOT!!! Nice report. :sunny:

It all sounds just too yummy! Thanks for sharing!:)

Thanks for the reviews. We will be trying Spoodles for breakfast in Dec.
Question about 'Ohana - Did you ask for a window seat when you got there. I am making dinner reservations at 'Ohana and was wondering if the window seat is first come first serve? thanks

Fantastic report! You had a variety of different meals, and all seems wonderful!

:earsgirl: Krissy

bumcat: We did not request a window seat, we were just lucky. :)

Yes...you all have to try that German cookie!! YUM!!

We would like to try Boma's at AKL this trip but we are not sure of this type of food. How would you describe the flavors?

We stopped going to Spoodles for breakfast when they stopped the buffet. But now sounds like it is still a great breakfast spot, so I think we'll go there in Sept.

Thanks for the great dining review. :)

Thanks for the reviews! We're planning on going to Spoodles for breakfast on on next trip, but I was wondering, what is vegetable rotollo?

i just know that when i'm there on my honeymoon next month, i'm probably going to gain at least 20 pounds!! there are so many things that i now have to try...quit posting all the good stuff! it makes me hungry...lol!!!

KCritter: I'm not exactly sure. It's sorta like a veggie wrap. DH tried it and said it wasn't good, so I didn't even bother since there were so many other things that were great!

Great reviews...where did you get the rice crispie Mickey treats? I've never come across those but would love to try it next trip!

Oooohhh...mickey rice crispies...YUM!! They can be found pretty much everywhere. I always get one at the candy shop on Main Street in MK. The candy shop in MGM near the Villains store also sells them. I think I say them at the Boardwalk Bakery, too. They are lots of places. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter