Just back and I think I've created two new Disney Monsters...

kaddjr

<font color=peach>Now I'm going to have to stalk t
that are 72 and 63! My parents joined us for this trip, and while I must admit I was a little aprehensive right before leaving, we had a GREAT time! Before the trip, Dad was telling everyone that the only reason he was going was for my kids and they were only doing it once. I tried to talk him into flying when SW had their summer sale and I could get flights for around $115 pp rt, but he wouldn't hear of flying. Nope! No way, no how! I talked to mom today and she said that dad said that the NEXT TIME WE GO, we WILL be flying!:rolleyes: Okay, maybe, just maybe he's admitting his DD can be right sometimes, too!:lmao: :lmao:

Some highlights w/o giving a trip report...Dad loved the monorail. Said it was his favorite ride.:rolleyes: I tried to get him to ride it for awhile- one of the pilots even told him he could request to ride up front but he may have to wait awhile, but he wouldn't hear of it. I think he was afraid he would miss something if we separated or he was a little unsure of just being separated. So guess what he is getting for Christmas from mom and me...:rotfl2: They did ride some of the tamer rides with us and liked those, only mom wasn't too thrilled to get wet on Kali the second time around. She jinxed herself by making fun of DD and DH when they got wet the first time we rode it. The look on my parent's faces when the water hit them from behind was priceless!!! We :rotfl: the rest of the day about it!

They enjoyed the restaurants we chose, especially Boma. We did a lot of character meals also. They finally got the hang of the dining plan towards the end of the trip. Shopping was good- really good for mom. There were a few jokes made by Dad about that on the way home as the van was PACKED! He seemed to conveniently forget that he also contributed to mass amount of souvies that we brought home.;)

I think the trip was really good for my parents. They tend to get into a rut at home, then they start bickering with each other. They only had a couple of minor spats while we were there, and those only lasted for a brief period of time. And I've never seen them hold hands as much as they did on the trip...

Even before we left Disney property, there was talk from my parents of coming back. Mom would like to have a trip with the whole family. I mentioned the Flower and Garden show to Dad and he expressed interest in that. We spent 3 days/2 nights at Siesta Key Beach at the end of our trip. Dad said that was his favorite part of the trip, however, he liked how it was only a few hours from Disney. Best of both worlds so to speak. Then he started asking my kiddos if they would like it if grandma and grandpa had a place down there where they could stay on vacation...:confused: I don't know if the thought of moving is REALLY going through his mind or not, but he HAD to have been impressed to be talking this way. When ever we've tossed the idea (DH and I), he had been dead set against it. And if you knew my father, you would know he doesn't change his mind easily. Oh, and when we spoke with some Florida residents in line about resident passes, his ears really perked up.

Talk of flying, talk of return trips, and talk of a possible move...yup, I think they really liked it!:)

cool, I'm glad your folks had such a great time! I wish my dad would go but he doesn't "do" Disney or anything else for that matter. He worked on the Riverboat engine(rehabed the engine) for a few weeks several years ago. FL is not his cup of tea.
I want to take my mom back for the F&G she would love it!

and how sweet, them holding hands.:love:

My mom (82) has been a Disney convert for years but this year I corrupted my dad (68) as well! He has been the main pusher for the upcoming trip in February '08 for my birthday. If all holds true, we are flying and staying on property. I have always stayed off property so this could be the year I get corrupted by on vs. off property! :woohoo:

I'm so glad they loved it!! We're (me & DH) taking my mom & dad with us in September. It started out just being my mom, as a celebration of her retirement, because my dad would always say that he would "NEVER" do Disney. Then, when he realized we actually planned to leave him at home and go anyway, he changed his tune. He says he's just going because he "knows Brookie wants him to" (that would be me, yes, to my dad, I'm still 5). But now, he is excited about AKV, and every day, he says, "Ok, when we're in Disney--x number of weeks from today--what will we be doing?"

I'm hoping they "get it"! It sounds like your trip was a success! :banana:

I'm so glad you all had a good time! My Dad is now my best Disney travel partner. He does whatever I want to do and he never complains. All he asks is that I feed him well, which is never a problem in WDW! Boma is our favorite - I'm glad you enjoyed it too!

That's so wonderful! I always wished I could take my Dad with us, if I could leave my stepmom at home, he always loved to hear about our trips.

so glad you had a good time. and sounds like they did too!!!!!

i'd love to take my mom, but she will not hear of it! i just think she'd get a kick out of seeing my son enjoy everything. she did have her knee replaced last year and it was a horror show and she's still not walking that great so that might have something to do with it.

I am so glad you all had a great time!!!! See you are never too "old" for Disney!!! :love:

Isn't it great when you see 2 special people just kinda fall in love all over again especially at Disney!!!!

Sounds like you had a great trip! I've been there with my Dh and kids and I've been there with my folks, but never with them all at once.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter