• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

just back 1/22 from 4 day wonder

nato

Mouseketeer
We just came back Thursday, Jan. 22 from the 4 day Wonder and we certainly had a "Wonder"ful time!! The weather was nice. We boarded on Sunday Jan. 18 at 11:50 a.m. We tried to dock at Castaway Cay on Tuesday, but high winds and weather made it impossible. The captain took us to nicer weather and switched our day at sea to Tuesday and then we docked at Castaway Cay on Wednesday. We had a beautiful day on the beach. I'd be happy to answer any questions. Be sure you do not miss the Palo brunch. It was awesome!!!!! My children had a blast! (I have a four year old daughter and twin daughters who are 10 - I put them in the 8-9 club since they just turned 10 two weeks ago)

Natalie

Welcome Back Nathalie..

Thanks for the quick update....it sounds like you had a wonderful time:)

I do have two questions for you..

1 - Is the brunch via an invite or do you simply make a reservation like the suppers?

2 - What did you do in Nassau?

Thanking you in advance
Vivian

Hi Vivian,
Good question about the brunch - not sure I know the answer, but I'll give you what I know. I got in line to make Palo reservations about 1:45. Reservations started at 2:00. I listened as the 3 people in front of me made their reservations. There was no mention of the brunch to them. When it was my turn, I was going to ask about the brunch. I made the Wednesday night reservation and then they asked me if I'd like to attend the brunch. I have no idea why they picked me to ask. I said absolutely! We were scheduled for 10:30 on Wednesday, the original day at sea. This was changed to Tuesday(new day at sea) when we had to switch our Castaway Cay day. This was the only brunch and I'd estimate they were only about 30 people in attendance. Since I'm not sure why they picked me to invite, my suggestion to you would be to go early to make your reservations and then ask about the brunch when you get to the table. They are very nice and I feel pretty confident if you just ask, you'll get reservations. I don't think many people know about it, yet.

As far as Nassau, we just walked around the main shops and then got back on the ship. Nassau did not thrill us. The people who ate dinner with us went to the zoo and loved it. Others also commented that Atlantis was fun. We had so much to do on the ship, we decided to not do any excursions.

Let me know if you have other questions. Hope this helps. This was our first cruise, so we were just learning. This forum was incredibly helpful to us!!!

Princess London, I see you are from SC, too. The temperature was in the early to mid 70's most of the time. It got chilly at night with the breeze. The pools on the ship were a little chilly, but everyone swam anyway and you got used to it quickly. The water on Castaway Cay was not warm, but we managed to snorkle and swim. The afternoon on CC really warmed up. I even got a little sunburnt on my shoulders.

Originally posted by nato
As far as Nassau, we just walked around the main shops and then got back on the ship. Nassau did not thrill us. The people who ate dinner with us went to the zoo and loved it. Others also commented that Atlantis was fun. We had so much to do on the ship, we decided to not do any excursions.

That's what we intend to do on the Nassau day for our 4-day Wonder Cruise coming up in March.

However, I am also worried with 2 days at sea, will kids and adults get bored?

What do you think?

I don't think you will get bored. There is so much to do on the ship. There are lots of activities going on all the time. Also, the kid's clubs have lots to do. We found the opposite to be true - we didn't have enough time on board to do everything. You'll have so much fun!!

Also, I wrote that Palo reservations were at 2:00. That wasn't correct. They were starting at 1:00 and I was in line at 12:45. Sorry.

We were on the same cruise, and we too had a WONDER-ful time!! :) DH and I had done the 7-night Eastern and Western before, but took my elderly parents with us so thought a shorter cruise would be better for them as my Dad tires so easily. We all had a great time though.

We, too, didn't have time to do everything we wanted - that's the only drawback to a shorter cruise. I had planned on getting up early and walking deck 4 each morning, but we stayed at Wavebands so late each night that I never got up early!! Shame on me!!

Originally posted by nato
I don't think you will get bored. There is so much to do on the ship. There are lots of activities going on all the time. Also, the kid's clubs have lots to do. We found the opposite to be true - we didn't have enough time on board to do everything. You'll have so much fun!!

Also, I wrote that Palo reservations were at 2:00. That wasn't correct. They were starting at 1:00 and I was in line at 12:45. Sorry.

was there a big line at 1:00? did everyone on line seem to get the night and the time that they requested? My wife and I are going to leave the kids with my parents for the evening and (hopefully) enjoy a fabulous adult-only gourmet meal. We acn't wait

There were about 6 others in line before me at 12:45. When I left after making my reservation, there was a longer line but it still wasn't too bad. Most everyone in line wanted Wednesday evening. There was basically no line for the other nights. Be sure to ask about the brunch. It is not to be missed - the best meal we had!!! Good luck and have a great trip!

Hi Nato,
We are going on the Wonder 1/29 with our daughters 4 & 2. We read they have a 24 hour beverage center on deck 9 where you can get milk for the kids. We were wondering if they had chocolate milk. Yes our kids are spoiled!

Another question Nato, (sorry to hog the board) we heard that the one restaurant, I think it's Triton's, they suggest a jacket and tie. I was only planning on bringing dockers and a few nice shrt sleeve shirts. DO I really need a jacket and tie?

To be honest, I remember the milk, but I don't remember seeing chocolate. That doesn't mean it wasn't there, I just don't remember seeing it. Someone else on the board may remember. I do know there is chocolate milk available at meals because we got it. You could always take some back with you and put it in your refrigerator for later. Just a thought. As far as Tritons, alot of the men had on jackets. I did see some with just a nice shirt and pants. You can get away with it if you really want to. I made my husband bring a tie and jacket even though he protested, beacause he wears a suit to work everyday!:) Have fun!

Natalie,

Where did you make your Palo reservations? At Palo or at Wavebands?

Thanks,

Queenvic princess:

Palo reservations were at wavebands. They also did the seating time changes there as well.

My son drank chocolate the entire cruise. Your children will be fine. Enjoy!

I have a question about brunch...is it only for adults? I know dinner is adult only, but I haven't read that about the brunch.

Thanks

Thanks for the Palo brunch update. I will be in line tomorrow at 12:45 (assuming we get out'a Indy before the storm!) YipPPEE! TOMORROW!

Did you do anything at the Spa?

On the 1/11 4-day Wonder we just ask if they were offering the Brunch and they signed us right up (in WaveBands). It was great, don't miss it!

Hi,
Yes, we did the surial bath at the spa. It was lots of fun! Everything at the spa looked wonderful. I don't think you could go wrong.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter