Just a Heads Up

jiminy14

DIS Veteran
We checked out of BLT today and my DH received our bill via email. Normally we don't check the bill before departing because we never charge anything back to the room. Luckily my DH checked it before we left and we had $100 in valet charges to our room. There were valet charges on four different days while we were there. My DH contacted Guest Services and he was told that they would have to investigate the charges. He explained that even though we did have a vehicle, we did not use valet and parked it in the BLT lot. Of course our credit card has been charged and now we have to wait until Guest Services completes their investigation before they credit the $100 back. Lesson learned. Make sure you check your bill before you leave the resort.

I don't charge to the room, so I do not give them a credit card when I arrive. (I don't do on-line check-in, if that makes a difference.)

That's terrible. Never had that problem. Did you drive to any other resorts? Did you have a paper parking pass in your window that has the barcode on it. Generally that is how they charge the valet charge.

I had OKW double charge our CC one time and put it over the limit causing it to be denied at Olivias. I've learned this lesson a long time ago whether it's a restaurant or hotel stay.

That's terrible. Never had that problem. Did you drive to any other resorts? Did you have a paper parking pass in your window that has the barcode on it. Generally that is how they charge the valet charge.

No we didn't drive to any other resorts. We only drove to AK and HS. We didn't do much driving because we were sick the entire time we were there. We were on the Magic the week before and there were a lot of sick people on board. We caught whatever was going around the last night of the trip and it has stayed with us even now that we are home.
We did have the parking pass but my DH removes it from the dashboard when we leave property and puts it behind the visor. The really odd thing about the valet parking was that all four nights charged were for parking at the Contemporary. My DH tried to reason with Guest Services that we wouldn't be using valet services at the Contemporary if we were staying at BLT. They still told him they would have to investigate the charges.

This is why I don't like the emailed receipt. Wish we had the choice to get the paper one, without having to go to the desk to check out. Several years back, we shared a villa with our son and his family. They left early and we checked out later, and I looked at our online receipt before leaving (which I normally do not do). Sure was glad I did - they put ALL charges on our credit card! :scared1: And we were there when they checked in and gave the CM their CC info.

This is why I don't like the emailed receipt. Wish we had the choice to get the paper one, without having to go to the desk to check out. Several years back, we shared a villa with our son and his family. They left early and we checked out later, and I looked at our online receipt before leaving (which I normally do not do). Sure was glad I did - they put ALL charges on our credit card! :scared1: And we were there when they checked in and gave the CM their CC info.
You don't the eviction papers?

I've been double charged for meals before, so now I go down every few days and look at the charges.

The Boathouse loves to charge me for a dining no-show (and I was definitely there both times), but a call to Disney Dining gets it reversed without issue.

We check our folio the night prior to check out. Disney valet is an outside private contractor and Disney doesn't want to get involved with valet issues.

:earsboy: Bill

Wow! Thanks for the 'heads-up'! I don't usually add our cc, but I will make sure to review the bill next time!

We check our folio the night prior to check out. Disney valet is an outside private contractor and Disney doesn't want to get involved with valet issues.

:earsboy: Bill
We do the same. I go to the front desk on our last night and ask for a print out. I go over it in the room so I can address any issues before we check out the next morning. I haven't had problems at Disney but have had bogus charges at other places.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter