Juneau whale watching

Kspero

Earning My Ears
We are going on the Alaska cruise in August and would like to take our daughters whale watching. They will be 5 & 7. We are concerned about seasickness. We took them on a glass bottom boat in Key West in June and it was really choppy and really hot and humid out(might have been part of it) and both the kids lost it. What has your experience been with your children? Are the seas generally calm? My wife is freaking out and is afraid to take them on a boat again. Please help.

We are going on the Alaska cruise in August and would like to take our daughters whale watching. They will be 5 & 7. We are concerned about seasickness. We took them on a glass bottom boat in Key West in June and it was really choppy and really hot and humid out(might have been part of it) and both the kids lost it. What has your experience been with your children? Are the seas generally calm? My wife is freaking out and is afraid to take them on a boat again. Please help.

We did the "Exclusive Whale Watching in Juneau" (it's no longer offered), but it was fairly smooth. We had an exceptional day (it was sunny and 70 ), so you might wait to hear from others. That said, it was incredibly boring and we had better whale watching from the Wonder.

We did the whale watching and Mendenhall glacier excursion with my parents and DD ages 7 and 4 at the time. My mother who is prone to motion sickness did great without medication and the girls had no problems. We went in very early June - overcast, drizzly day. Bit windy but not too choppy or rough. The boat we were in had two decks and the one up above had an enclosed area and as well as a viewing outdoor deck. We had the most amazing time - we were able to see lots of whales with multiple ones breeching (jumping fully out of the water) and several pods of orcas. That was by far our favorite excursion in Alaska.

Hopefully, you'll hear back from others' experiences and see what the conditions were like in other months.

We did the whale watching and Mendenhall glacier excursion with my parents and DD ages 7 and 4 at the time. My mother who is prone to motion sickness did great without medication and the girls had no problems. We went in very early June - overcast, drizzly day. Bit windy but not too choppy or rough. The boat we were in had two decks and the one up above had an enclosed area and as well as a viewing outdoor deck. We had the most amazing time - we were able to see lots of whales with multiple ones breeching (jumping fully out of the water) and several pods of orcas. That was by far our favorite excursion in Alaska.

Hopefully, you'll hear back from others' experiences and see what the conditions were like in other months.

We did the same excursion in August. Sea sickness was not an issue. Definitely NOT boring!! Definitely a must do!

We did Harv & Marv. Amazing!!! No one got sick and we saw lots of whales. Orca's and humpbacks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter