Juneau Photo Safari?

Calantha

DIS Veteran
Did anyone else receive an email that Alaska's Whales & Glaciers Photo Safari (JU-57) port adventure had been cancelled for Juneau? I’m trying to figure out if it was just our time (and I should try to get another time) or if the adventure was cancelled for everyone.

Thanks!

They are having trouble getting enough guides to Alaska for tours. We booked the Alaska Whales and Science Adventure with the same company. It's a great tour and we have done it both with and without kids.

Gastineau Guiding is the company that runs both tours. We were actually booked on the photo safari on our first Alaskan cruise but it was cancelled last minute due to lack of booking and we rebooked the Whale and Science Adventure day of.

We booked the Alaska Whales and Science Adventure with the same company.
Great, that is actually what I have booked as a back up (although I do keep checking on the website). I did call a private photographer that I found online, but he is out of town. He is going to see if someone is available, but I'm leaning toward just doing the Whales and Science. I know DS will have more fun and then I can just take pictures while he and DH are occupied with science.

Great, that is actually what I have booked as a back up (although I do keep checking on the website). I did call a private photographer that I found online, but he is out of town. He is going to see if someone is available, but I'm leaning toward just doing the Whales and Science. I know DS will have more fun and then I can just take pictures while he and DH are occupied with science.
My almost 7yo and 2yo both enjoyed the science stuff and my dad mostly just took pictures. The big draw of the photo safari is one of the guides is a camera guru and can help with camera settings and stuff but if you know your camera already I think you'll have a great time on the science adventure.

I kept checking every day, and we were able to rebook the safari today - so everyone who has been cancelled on various excursions (unless the whole thing is cancelled) - don't give up hope!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter