June vs August

pcoleman

Mouseketeer
Trying to decide on dates next year. Looking at third week of June or second week of August. Any thoughts? Have been several times in August so we know how to do Disney in the heat. Never been in June.

We have done both and most of our trips are usually in the 1st week of June. I prefer June it is a bit cooler but it rained for an hour each day (used to it).

June isn’t quite as humid (but not pleasant either) but will probably be a bit more crowded. This year’s June park hours, however, were much better than August. Way too many early closings in August.

We always go in late May or early June, after our school is out but many others in the country are still in school. The crowds are lower and the weather is tolerable.

I can't speak for the third week of June, but there is no way I would do FL in August.

My gut is that it's going to be a coinflip...the weather might be mildly better in June? But I feel like that's saying the frying pan is cooler than the stove top.

I was there early June this year and it was unseasonably hot ( up near 100 degrees ). For me it would be crowd levels, but I like you're going to find similar either time of year.

The big difference is August is hot & humid, whereas June is humid & hot. Other than that, they are pretty much the same.

:rotfl2:So true! The first time I landed in Orlando and felt the punch of humidity when the airport doors opened, it was like being trapped in a wet comforter. Then showing up at the park, I asked aloud how anyone could've ever chosen to build a vacation resort in this heat.

I kind of embrace it now as part of the experience, to the point where I kind of missed the weather when I went in winter. Use sunscreen and stay hydrated out there! :drinking:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter