**June 2024 Check-in**

ClaraOswald

DIS Veteran
I didn't see a check-in/discussion thread for June 2024 so I thought I'd get one started if anyone is interested. Feel free to share your dates and hotel if you'd like and I'll add it to the list!

Check-In List

ghtx:
5/31-6/3, Camelot Inn
henry72: 6/2-6/5, Grand Legacy
sjwillia: 6/2-6/6, Disneyland Hotel
disneymum58: 6/6-6/10, Tropicana or BWPPI
tgmousechick: 6/9-6/14, Disneyland Hotel
Piglet99645: 6/14, Desert Inn and Suites
xApril: 6/15-6/19, Alamo Inn
clomahony: 6/15-6/20, Fairfield Inn
ClaraOswald: 6/17-6/23, Villas at Grand Californian
alleighboo: 6/18-6/24, Villas at Disneyland Hotel
hhisc16: 6/20-6/21, Villas at Grand Californian and 6/22-6/23, Villas at Disneyland Hotel
DisneyAndreaM: 6/20-6/25, Grand Californian
LV Disney Fan(atic): 6/20-6/27, Grand Californian
mocame: 6/21-6/29, Grand Legacy
disneyfan150: 6/22-6/26, Westin
Mama_Cass: 6/22-6/30, Westin
disneydreamer74: 6/25-6/29, Worldmark Anaheim
Tink3350: 6/25-6/30, Disneyland Hotel

Last edited:
Events

Pixar Fest:
April 26th - August 4th, 2024
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/es-us/events-tours/pixar-fest/
--Together Forever, A Nightime Pixar Spectacular at Disneyland Park
--Better Together: A Pixar Pals Celebration at California Adventure (Daytime parade)
--Club Pixar at California Adventure (Music and dancing)
--Pixar Pals Playtime Party at Fantasyland Theater
--Foodie Guide - https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...ts-pixar-fest-foodie-guide-starting-april-26/

Disneyland Grad Nights: June 2, 5, 7, 9, 12, and 14.
--Private event at California Adventure. Starts at 9pm.

Disneyland After Dark - Pride Night: June 18th and June 20th
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...-after-dark-2024-more-nites-than-ever-before/
--Special after hours event. Must purchase tickets for this event. Limited quantities available.

Attraction Closures
Haunted Mansion:
Closed in January 2024. Reopening date unknown.
Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Opening date unknown.
Winnie the Pooh: Closing May 1st. Reopening date unknown.

Last edited:

Yay! I've been on the lookout for this! June 18-24th at the DLH Villas for us. My stepdaughter's high school graduation trip and her first trip to DL.

Nice. I only have resale (post-2019) so I can't use my points at VDH. My husband doesn't have any interest in staying there over VGC but it does look nice!

I added a little info to the 2nd post. I've never made one of these threads before so let me know what you think I should add!

Also, I couldn't find a link to the Pride Night info. When I googled, I'm only seeing the page in spanish instead of English. Maybe it's just me though. I am not tech-savvy! 🤣

My son and I will be taking our first trip to Disneyland this summer to celebrate our birthdays! Staying at the Disneyland Hotel from 6/25-6/30.

My son is taking me to Disneyland afternoon of June 2 through June 5th. We will be staying at the Disneyland hotel and fly home on the 6th. This trip is a gift for my 75th birthday and I am so very excited!

I love that so many people are celebrating things like birthdays and graduations!

The day we arrive is our 18th wedding anniversary. My husband actually proposed to me in Disneyland in March 2005. Earlier in June, before we arrive, is the 20th anniversary of my very first trip to Disneyland.

This trip will also be our first time staying in the Villas at the Grand Californian now that we're DVC members. In February 2023, we were able to stay at the Grand Californian for the very first time when our friend got us a good discount. Before that, we'd always stayed on Harbor. Of course, we fell in love with the hotel and had to find a way to come back year after year...so we bought into DVC, something we NEVER thought we'd do.

So who's flying? Who's driving?

We have decided to drive for this trip. We live in Nebraska and plan to take 3 days to drive out and then 3 days to drive back. We've done this drive a few times before. Most recently was June 2022...though we took 4 days to drive out because we stopped more along the way.

I'm slightly nervous about our decision to drive as well as our decision to go back in June. Mainly because I was looking through my Instagram photos from that trip the other day. And in one picture of us at Disneyland, in the caption I wrote "it's been really hot and crowded so I don't know if we'll ever come back in June." OPE! In another picture, I made a comment about how driving to Disneyland almost seemed like 2 vacations in one and it was tiring.

I guess in the last year and a half I forgot that I felt that way. I mean, I remember having a good trip overall (minus getting Covid) so hopefully we'll still have a good time!

So who's flying? Who's driving?

We have decided to drive for this trip. We live in Nebraska and plan to take 3 days to drive out and then 3 days to drive back. We've done this drive a few times before. Most recently was June 2022...though we took 4 days to drive out because we stopped more along the way.

I'm slightly nervous about our decision to drive as well as our decision to go back in June. Mainly because I was looking through my Instagram photos from that trip the other day. And in one picture of us at Disneyland, in the caption I wrote "it's been really hot and crowded so I don't know if we'll ever come back in June." OPE! In another picture, I made a comment about how driving to Disneyland almost seemed like 2 vacations in one and it was tiring.

I guess in the last year and a half I forgot that I felt that way. I mean, I remember having a good trip overall (minus getting Covid) so hopefully we'll still have a good time!
You are BRAVE! I've never attempted a long car trip like that.

We are flying from North Carolina. Tickets prices were rough but we don't have a ton of options that are non-stop. We are flying out of Charlotte in to LAX.

My husband and I aren't fans of flying so we typically don't mind long car trips. And historically, our son has done pretty well. Finger crossed!

The only nonstop from where we are is to LAX but the time/price are just never good. We haven't decided if we want to go back to DLR in January (flying, with a layover) or go to WDW instead (flying...but Southwest pretty much always has a nonstop.)

I didn't see a check-in/discussion thread for June 2024 so I thought I'd get one started if anyone is interested. Feel free to share your dates and hotel if you'd like and I'll add it to the list!

Check-In List

ghtx:
5/31-6/3, Camelot Inn
sjwillia: 6/2-6/6, Disneyland Hotel
disneymum58: 6/6-6/10, Tropicana or BWPPI
Piglet99645: 6/14, Desert Inn and Suites
ClaraOswald: 6/17-6/23, Villas at Grand Californian
alleighboo: 6/18-6/24, Villas at Disneyland Hotel
hhisc16: 6/20-6/21, Villas at Grand Californian and 6/22-6/23, Villas at Disneyland Hotel
LV Disney Fan(atic): 6/20-6/27, Grand Californian
mocame: 6/21-6/29, Grand Legacy
Tink3350: 6/25-6/30, Disneyland Hotel
June 15-20 Fairfield Inn for my daughter's high school graduation

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter