June 2023 booking help

Twohsieh

Mouseketeer
Hello all,

I would like to ask what would be the best way to book two Aulani reservations for June 2023.

I'm planning to book two separate Aulani bookings in a 1 BR Poolside room for the weeks June 4, 2023-June 10, 2023 and June 10, 2023-June 16, 2023 with two different contracts. These reservations are for my two brothers and their family, so I'd like to book these exact dates.

The contracts I have are Aulani April UY and VGC June UY. I have enough points on each contract to book these reservations, so I do not need to move any points around.

Which week would you book with my Aulani points at the 11 month mark? I was tempted to rent my VGC points and rent Aulani points to get the 11 month advantage, but that seems like a lot of work.

I've had some issues in the past booking at the beginning of June at the 7 month mark but I have not been to Aulani in several years, so I'm not sure if anything has changed with the availability in the bookings.

Thank you everyone for your insights.

I’d be worried about booking either reservation at the 7 month mark. Personally, I’d probably go the rent out VGC and rent the Aulani. You could also try a swap with an Aulani owner to guarantee you get the points. VGC, in my opinion, is the most difficult to reserve and most expensive to rent, so I assume someone would jump at the chance for a 1-to-1 swap.

I’d be worried about booking either reservation at the 7 month mark. Personally, I’d probably go the rent out VGC and rent the Aulani. You could also try a swap with an Aulani owner to guarantee you get the points. VGC, in my opinion, is the most difficult to reserve and most expensive to rent, so I assume someone would jump at the chance for a 1-to-1 swap.
Thank you for your response. Yes, I think I'll have to do as you suggested to swap or rent my VCG points. It's unfortunate that I can't borrow all of my Aulani points to avoid this issue.
I think I'll be booking the latter reservation with my Aulani contract since I read on another thread that the mid June dates are harder to secure that the earlier dates.

Thank you for your response. Yes, I think I'll have to do as you suggested to swap or rent my VCG points. It's unfortunate that I can't borrow all of my Aulani points to avoid this issue.
I think I'll be booking the latter reservation with my Aulani contract since I read on another thread that the mid June dates are harder to secure that the earlier dates.
You could watch the rent trade board here and see if anyone will do 1 time trade of their Aulani points,,then you could make 11 months our,,traded points maintain their home resort advantage,,,Prob be the same rate to you as renting as well.

You could watch the rent trade board here and see if anyone will do 1 time trade of their Aulani points,,then you could make 11 months our,,traded points maintain their home resort advantage,,,Prob be the same rate to you as renting as well.
Thank you for the suggestion. I have never traded my points before so I will look into that option further.

Thank you for the suggestion. I have never traded my points before so I will look into that option further.
So its not you trading out your points,,its you paying someone for them to trade you theirs,,,now as per the fine print of DVC there is not supposed to be any funds traded when points are traded. Also just like a rental, they will not help if something goes wrong,,,now you need to do a 3 way call with dvc to exchange the poiints so that is a safeguard. Then once you have them they are yours to use.
I have been on both ends of a trade,,need some degree of trust

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter