June 2 Magic pre-cruise

bkline

Mouseketeer
Pre-cruise: Made two purchases from Perfect Gift. One for my wife and one for DS (7). Both came from Captain Mickey. Also purchased Romantic Escape Package: 2 half hour massages, reservations at Palo's, and champagne with crackers, candy & cheese waiting in the cabin. The package was better than I first anticipated. A week before the cruise Debbie from Disney's Orlando location called to set up my dinner Palo time and also allowed me to set up brunch and high tea. For those that like to plan in advance this was one less reservation line I had to worry about on Saturday. If you are planning on any major spa treatments this package is great. Allow the package description reads two half-hour massges (one each), the spa people allowed me to pick any thing that was within the price range. Also stayed at the Radisson the night before. I felt more relaxed and enjoyed the first day on the ship more because of doing this. We also had two hour flight delay due to thunderstorms which I wouldn't have wanted on Saturday. The hotel was great. Nice pool, but we got there too late to use it this time. Great breakfast buffet included in the price of the room. The day we went to the Magic the driver stopped on the bridge, we were waiting for a boat to go by, and let me out to get my first ship photo.
Cruise info next after my wife gets the phone line to purchase a movie.

Thanks for a great report! This is the first I've read of the Romantic Escape Package. I am seriouly considering adding this to our 7/7 cruise. Does this mean you actually got to sit and relax after boarding while everyone else was running around making reservations? Were you also able to arrange your spa treatments ahead of time, or did you have to do that onboard? Is the Palo's surcharge included in the cost, or are we still responsible for that? Sorry for all the questions, but I like the sound of this!

Chris

Where do you book the Romantic Escape Package? We are cruising next March and this would be helpful .

The package only allows you to pre-book Palo's, but that frees you up. My wife went to children's club and I handled spa. It seemed a lot easier to me. The $5.00 per person surcharge still applies to meals. There is no charge for high tea. If you booked through a travel agent only the agent can add the package. If you did the reservations yourself, you can call Disnet directly to add the package. My travel agent got a letter with who to call in Orlando about two weeks before the cruise. Something else I didn't mention earlier. The person in Orlando will tell you your seating rotation for the cruise. That helped me plan the cruise and especially dinners like the Animators show that I didn't want to miss. I found the package by looking at the Disney website. If you have other questions just ask. :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter