July's Journal

July

DVC member
I am 43 years old, a wife for 21 years. I have two grown sons, ages 18 & 20. I have struggled with my weight for a few years now. When I quit smoking 6 years ago I gained alot of weight at
least 40 pounds.
Now is the time to take off the weight I gained plus the extra 25 I gained through out the years.
I intend to start a healthy lifestyle by excercising more. Drinking plenty of water. And not pigging out when I sit down to a meal.
There is no one shouting at me to finish my plate. LOL
I hope to loose 60 pounds. The ultimate goal would be 65. Hah. I am going to set it up in 20 pound increments.
Those goals look more realistic.

Today I'm starting this journal because I have read it is good in your weight loss program. So here I am. And here's all the dirt!

I have no idea what I really weighed at the beginning of my journey. It really started a week before we went to Vero May 19 - 22 2004. I started walking on the treadmill 3 x a week. I gave up drinking soda's on a daily basis. I just had them at when we went out to dinner. We did pretty good that trip. We did not consume a bunch of alchohol like we normally do on vacations. We took the stairs most times. We tooks many walks.

When I got home I continued with my 3 x a week routine. I started drinking more water and gave up soda's. Well except for
an occasional one.

Went to the doctor on June 16 2004 and weighed 190, it made me think I wonder what I weighed a month ago. Hmmm? I was still walking 3 x a week.

On June 21 I decided to walk 5 x a week and started eating healthy. Don't skip breakfast, add a few snacks in. I knew from experience that was the way to jump start the metabolism.

On June 29 I still weighed 190, I guess I had to kick it up a notch. I joined WISH. I got really serious about portion control and the snacks got really healthy. By July 4 I was down to 187. Yipee!
I joined the "Stay off the Scale Challenge" so I wasn't able to weigh. I started a new program (diet) Sacred Heart Medical Plan.

During the Challenge I did great with excercise & the diet I was sure I had lost weight. I was down a size. I started in a size 18. I was down to a size 16. I was thrilled.

The diet gets boring :bored: but DH is doing so well on it. I will stick with it until I find myself cheating a bunch. When I hit the plateau its time for a change I have already told him. If he wants to stay on the diet its fine. But whats right for one person is not always right for another. I support him 100% but it is getting old.

I weighed in at 175 on August 4 at the end of the challenge. Yippee. 15 pounds lost. I am excercising 6 x a week. I feel great.

I have joined another challenge. These challenge's are great. I am on the 1000 minute excercise in the month of August. Which is great because I go on vacation I don't want to fall off plan. I already know I will not be on the diet. So I will have to eat healthy & watch my portions.

I measured last night for the 1st time in years. And I do mean years. Even when I lost weight before I never measured. Well I was shocked. The last time I measured I was 35 inches in the bust.

Bust 42
Waist 36
Hips 43
Thighs 25 3/4
Arms 12 1/4

Well today I start my day with a glass of cranberry juice.
It is my Beef & sliced tomato day along with Veggie soup.

I will be weighing in on Wednesday's.

July:flower3:

It is always hard to comit to a big change like this but you will love it trust me. These boards are the best support system I have ever found. You have been doing great so far keep it up.

Kristin

July - I am so happy to come to the boards this morning and see your journal. I think journaling is one of the key ingredients to a successful weight loss plan. I never took much stock in writing down what I ate or writing down my feelings. I thought it was silly. But I gave it a try and haven't looked back. I know it helps.

You have done a great job so far!!! I have no doubt you will lose the weight you want to and feel great along the way. It was a pleasure to be on the stay off the scale challenge with you and I'm on the 1000 minutes of exercise challenge for August too.

I'll be checking on your progress! Have a great week!!!:sunny:

I sure am glad I did some excercise this morning because I am not going to do any this evening.
Tough day at work. I work as a Pharmacy Technician and we kicked some behind today. Man oh Man I am glad to be relaxing now!
I did well OP today.
B Veggie Soup
S Beef
L Veggie Soup & some more Beef
S Veggie Soup
D Veggie Soup, Beef & sliced tomato
S will be low fat milk

I did Chair Dancing "More Sit Down & Tone Up" Video this morning.

I'm getting excited about our weeks vacation starting on Saturday. It will be just me and DH. I am planning on deciding on menus ahead of time. I feel like that will help us stay on track as far as eating since we will not be on the Sacred Heart Medical Diet that week.

One of the customers said she could tell I had lost weight today. She said it was noticeable in my face. LOL I never thought about it but I guess I have lost inches in my face. :rotfl:

Thanks Kristin & Lisa for the encouragment!

Sounds like you have done extremely well so far! Good for you! I lost a lot of weight a few years back (unfortunately I did not keep it off :( ) and the 2 areas I noticed slimming down the fastest for some reason were my face and my shoulders. So, I can understand why someone would notice that. I bet it felt great to have someone notice your weight loss. And I know you must be ready for a vacation...sounds like you deserve one. I hope you and your DH have a wonderful time! :wave2:

Hey July!!! I'm glad to see that you started a journal! I think you will find that it really does help. It sounds like you are already off to a great start and I have no doubt that you're going to reach your goals! :)

Hope you have a blast on your vacation. It's pretty close. Your doing a great job. I would think people would notice weightloss in someones face first since you look someone in the face. Well thats what I would notice LOL. Talk some more later see ya

Kristin:wave2:

Well I stayed on program pretty much today. It was a Beef & Vegtables day with the Veggie soup.

B cup of veggie soup
small piece of beef

s baby carrots

L Salad & Beef

s only a 1/2 cup of coffee

D Salad & Swordfish *you can exchange the beef with fish

s will be lowfat milk

Work was really tough today again. But I did manage to excercise this morning & this evening.

I have arthritis in my neck, back & elbows and right now I am aching pretty bad. I am off to take some pain meds and drink some milk and go to bed.

Michelle & Kristin thanks for stopping by for the encouragement!

Tomorrow I am off of work thank goodness!!

July, welcome to the WISH Journal board!! It looks like you're a woman on a mission!! You know what to do, now you just have to follow through with the healthy eating and the exercise. You've done great so far and I'm sure you'll keep up the good work!

My kids are 16 and 15. DH and I are looking forward to more 'just the 2 of us' trips in the next few years! :p Enjoy your time with DH on your vacation!

Hope your day off work is proving to be relaxing and wonderful! :sunny:

Hi July,

I just wanted to say hi and welcome to the WISH journals. You are doing a great job. Enjoy your vacation. Keep up the great work.
Beth

I decided to shake things up today as far as the diet goes. It was the last day Veggie soup, brown rice & vegtable day. Well I woke up and just couldn't stomach another dull day of it so here goes my day.

B 6oz plain nonfat yogart with fresh blueberries & raspberries
1oz of dry store brand apple jacks
7oz of skim milk to drink

s 8oz cranberry juice
1/2 cup of Veggie soup
1/2 cup of brown rice

L went to Applebees for lunch with a friend I ordered off the WW menu.
Skewered shrimp with veggies (I didn't eat the rice) total calories was 290 that was with the sauce & rice which I didn't use
Then I came home & had a Carb smart Fudge bar

D Gortons small piece of Salmon
Salad w/olive oil & red wine vinegar
cantaloupe

I did excercise this morning & this evening.
I am sure I will have a snack probably milk or maybe a WW keylime pie

Been a good day off of work.
Oh and there is a hurricane brewing down here that might just ruin the vacation. :( Not sure yet.

Doreen & Beth thanks for popping in for the encouragement.

Hey July, I sure hope that Charlie doesn't ruin your vacation. :( We're right in his path as well and right now things don't look so great, looks like we'll get a lot of rain no matter what it does. Hopefully it will die out and not bother anyone. It's doubtful but we can keep our fingers crossed.

BTW, todays menu sounds much tastier and still so healthy! I hope you enjoyed it! ::yes::

Well Charley's coming this way so the vacation is a bust at least until we find out how Sarasota weather's it. It may be a hetic drive to try and get over there too. There has been mandatory evacuation all over the coast.

We are inland were we expect wind, rain and down power lines. So I'm not sure if I will be able to post tomorrow. Well wait & see.

I had to make myself excercise today. My arthritis is sooo bad now. I guess it is all the rain we have had and more on the way. I had to take pain meds at work today. Yuck. I will be taking some more here soon.

Well I did okay today considering that I am off the sacred heart diet.

B whole wheat english muffin toasted
1/4 cup lowfat Lactaid cottage cheese
3 slices of cantaloupe
8 whole natural almonds
8 oz cranberry juice

s raspberries

L 3/4 of a portion Vegtable Lasagna
1/2 of a small salad dribble of dressing

s the other 1/2 of small salad

D Amy's Black Bean Burrito (yummy)
small sweet potato
7oz skim milk

s carb smart fudge bar

Excercise 9 minutes of excercise ball this morning
23 minutes of treadmill this evening

Tomorrow at work we should only be open a couple of hours because of the hurricane.

July,

Welcome to WISH journaling! You are doing a great job! Keep up the good work!!

I was reading in Michelle's journal that you live in Florida and I wanted to stop by and say that we are praying for you and your family. Please update us on how you are doing and stay safe!! We have family in the St. Petersburg area and my DH plans on giving them a call in awhile.

Please take good care of you and be safe! Prayers are on the way!

Tracy:wave2:

Hi July! Hope all is well in Florida and that you get to take your vacation. It looks like you are doing a wonderful job on your diet! I think a journal really helps keep me focused. I hope it will do the same with you. Keep up the great job. Stay safe!

Gail

So far we are okay here in Lakeland Fl. We will be getting the squalls in an hour or so.
So I thought I would update my journal so far.

I did 20 minutes on the recumbent bike this morning before work.

B 6oz nonfat plain yogart with fresh raspberries mixed together
1 oz store brand apple jacks (dry)
8 oz skim milk

s baby carrots

L Healthy choice - cheesy Chicken with rice.
cooked some broccoli to go with left over sauce

pray for the folks in south fl. It looks like the hurricane is going ashore around Captive Island/Sanibel. It has been upgraded to a
cat. 4, that's what Andrew was. :(

July,

You guys are definately in my prayers. Try to stay safe and dry,ok. Great job this morning.
Beth

I survived Hurricane Charley. My mom is in Lake Wales they were hit hard. She said she would talk tomorrow when it was light and they can see the damage. Who would have thought that it would go in land around Ft Myers and travel so far, still so strong. We got some mighty strong gusts about 60 - 70 miles.

Well to pick up where I left off.

after lunch

s about 14 Veggie Crisps

D Veggie Fajita Burger light bread (2 slices) tomato & lettuce, picante sauce, M&M kudo bar

s mixed peanuts & 5 oz of skim milk.

I probably blew it with the snacks. (veggie crisps, mixed peanuts, kudo bar

I think it was stress/nerves.

Off to bed, hopefully I will get good news from Limetree Resort tomorrow at lunchtime..
Wish me luck

July....

Glad to hear you were not hit by Charley. Hopefully your Mom and the area weren't hit too hard.

You are doing a GREAT job on your plan...........

I have started a journal also and hope you can come visit sometime.

Chrismiss 56 (Linda)

Glad to hear that you survived Charley. You're doing great. You managed to stay on track even with the threat of a hurricane!

Gail

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter