July 4th at Fort Wilderness

Castlequeen5

DIS Veteran
We will be staying in the cabins at FW July 1-5. Other than possibly going to DAH, we will not be going to the parks during this part of our stay. This will be our first stay at FW, so I'd like to really explore this resort. We already have HDDR reservations and plan to go to the Chip-n-Dale sing-along and campfire. We plan to try out both pools and maybe learn how to play shuffleboard. Do you rent the equipment, bring your own, or is it provided...volleyballs, basketballs, etc? We are still considering renting a boat or kayaks, and/or doing a wagon ride. I'm also wondering how the golf cart parade works. Is there a place set up to watch the parade or do they go through the entire resort? Do we bring camp chairs? What about the fireworks...do we bring chairs to the beachfront or are chairs provided? Is there anything else specific to the fourth going on at FW? Anything in particular that I should know or bring besides the regular travel/camp stuff?

If you look at the top posts in the camping section, bama ed usually posts the itinerary for the upcoming month. Its not july, but will give you an idea of the stuff avaliable to do. There is also an ellectric water parade at night. Im not sure on the rest as my first trip is after yours! The smaller type boats looked like fun , there 2 seaters.

Sounds like a great trip. Definitely bring chairs. I'd also bring any other small sport equipment (balls) and a flashlight(s). There are a few chairs at the beach but with all of the construction going on I'd bring your own.

The golf cart parade for the 4th is probably like others they run during the year (never been to the Fort in July but have been there for other golf cart parades).

For folks that want to enter a cart in the parade, they have a sign-up at the Bike Barn a day or two leading up to the event.

The parade itself usually gathers up the the hitch/un-hitch lanes coming into the Fort just past the Horse Ride corrals. Once the parade starts, they roll slowly straight down Fort Wilderness Trail past 1100/1200/1300 and past the Meadow Trading Post (main viewing area) and down to Big Pine Drive (the 3-way intersection near the nexus of the 100/400/700 loop). So it's one long straight roll. People can and do set up on either side all the way down FW Trail to Big Pine. From there carts speed off back to their sites (although some pull over and look at those carts behind them). Bring chairs if you want to sit for viewing (the cabins have nice decks so you should have brought them from home for that reason alone anyway).

I think the Bike Barn loans out volleyballs, shuffleboard items, etc. You can read here: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/campsites-at-fort-wilderness-resort/recreation/ Basketballs should be at the courts. The BB has other stuff it sounds like.

Don't get sunburn in July!

Bama Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter