• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

July 20, 2013 - Western on Fantasy

Hi, we've just switched to this cruise! We went on what was supposed to be a Western on 4th Aug this year, but thanks to Tropical Storm Ernesto it was changed at the last minute to an Eastern. It was still an amazing cruise, but we re-booked on board as we still want to do the Western itinerary, and then changed to this one due to work and University dates.

We are myself (Karen), DH (Andy), DD19 (Sophie) and DD14 (Eleanor) - ages at time of sailing. Depending on which one of us you are talking to, this will be our 9th, 8th or 6th cruise - all Disney. And we're from North West England.

We've two cabins booked as the girls now bring so many clothes we can't fit into one (and they refuse to share a bathroom with their father! :rotfl:) and I was thrilled to get 2 adjoining extended balcony cabins on deck 5. Very hand for Vibe.

We are always up for a Fish Extender, so I'll head over to the other thread. Look forward to cruising with you all! :woohoo:

Hi everyone, I am Karriemouse's DD18 Sophie :)
(will be 19 on the cruise)
and this is my 8th cruise :P
:cool1:

Welcome to the July 20th Western - cruise :cool1: Nice to have you!!!

Thanks for the welcomes! Soooo excited to cruise again!! :cool1:
Because of our last-minute change of itinerary last year, we are planning to re-book the excursions we had booked last year, hopefully we will manage to do them this time... :rotfl:

Glad were not in the storm!! I feel bad reading the post about everyone not knowing when or where they are going.

Only 266 more days.:hyper::mickeybar

Glad were not in the storm!! I feel bad reading the post about everyone not knowing when or where they are going.

Only 266 more days.:hyper::mickeybar

I know - I have been thinking about someone I know who is going this weekend - but maybe it's moving up here already and won't affect them as much. For many who are cruising, I feel for them. Another reason why I have never cruised in August (or later) and have no intention to.

Thanks for the welcomes everyone! Looking forward to cruising with you all.

Eleanor and I are on the 4 day Bahamian leaving tomorrow - and now we have Hurricane Sandy to cope with!!!

We narrowly missed Hurricane Irene last year, so I think we seem to attract hurricanes!!!!!! Sorry! :rotfl:

Hey everyone, my fiancée and I just booked for our honeymoon! We're super excited to take our first Disney cruise ( I've cruised Carnival and RCL before, but this is her first ever cruise). We're also looking into doing the fish extender exchange, and would love to be kept in the loop on that too!

Hey everyone, my fiancée and I just booked for our honeymoon! We're super excited to take our first Disney cruise ( I've cruised Carnival and RCL before, but this is her first ever cruise). We're also looking into doing the fish extender exchange, and would love to be kept in the loop on that too!

Welcome to the cruise and Congratulations on your upcoming wedding and honeymoon, what a great way to start a life together!!!

I am organizing the fish extender so if you have any questions let me know, but there is a FE link attached to the cruise meet with more details.

Glad you are joining us. -Stephanie

Thanks for the welcomes everyone! Looking forward to cruising with you all.

Eleanor and I are on the 4 day Bahamian leaving tomorrow - and now we have Hurricane Sandy to cope with!!!

We narrowly missed Hurricane Irene last year, so I think we seem to attract hurricanes!!!!!! Sorry! :rotfl:

Safe sailing and sending wishes for sunny weather....

:welcome:

I agree definitely a brilliant start to your lives together!! :beach:
Wish you all the best with all the preparations for the big day!!! :)

Projectgemini - welcome aboard.

Sorry - on my son's laptop and don't know how to quote, highlight. Limited time on the internet - only on while our generator is running.

We still have no power, phone, heat, etc. Finally bought a generator = my bil brought down to us from Upstate. Not sure when power will be back on.

We were very, very lucky. Sad to see the devastation here.

Projectgemini - welcome aboard.

Sorry - on my son's laptop and don't know how to quote, highlight. Limited time on the internet - only on while our generator is running.

We still have no power, phone, heat, etc. Finally bought a generator = my bil brought down to us from Upstate. Not sure when power will be back on.

We were very, very lucky. Sad to see the devastation here.

sending some hopeful wishes that your situation gets resolved soon. So glad you were lucky to have gotten through with out serious loss of life or home... but having no power for an extended period of time is a drain too, especially on patience. I am in western mass and while did not see much from Sandy, it was last years (Irene?) that knocked out our power for over a week... some folks went up to three weeks. It is hard and I hope your power comes back soon .

sending some hopeful wishes that your situation gets resolved soon. So glad you were lucky to have gotten through with out serious loss of life or home... but having no power for an extended period of time is a drain too, especially on patience. I am in western mass and while did not see much from Sandy, it was last years (Irene?) that knocked out our power for over a week... some folks went up to three weeks. It is hard and I hope your power comes back soon .

Thank you. almost 11 nights and still no power :( We are getting a bit tired especially with all the conflicting things we hear. Today -some progress - Con Ed (electric utility company) came knocking and we are okay - we don't need an electrician to say we are good. Don't know when we will get power but we are cleared.

Just received ME tags for our December trip - hard to get excited but will need the vacation by then.

We are in!!

Extended family vacation - 17 of us.

Will definitely be doing Fish Extender. Our 2nd Disney cruise. Very excited!

Be talking to ya!

Aimee

We are in!!

Extended family vacation - 17 of us.

Will definitely be doing Fish Extender. Our 2nd Disney cruise. Very excited!

Be talking to ya!

Aimee

Welcome Aimee!!!!!!!!

(ps we got power after two weeks:cool1:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter