• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

July 17th....I'm getting worried!

starlette

Mouseketeer
I'm sorry in advance if this has already been discussed but I am getting worried as we leave for Disney next week on the 14th. We want to be at Disneyland on the 17th to share in the excitment of Disneys 50th Anniversary but theres the whole "line" issue that has me frazzled.

Here are my questions/concerns:

1. What time will guests be allowed to start forming lines? Please tell me
someone knows...... I heard 3 am..... :earseek:
2. Are the garages/parking lots going to be opened earlier than the normal
times?
3. Realisticly, what time in the morning (no later than) should one plan on
getting in line?

Here's my plan:

I was thinking DH could drop me off at around 6am to get in line. Meanwhile, DH and the kids could go eat breakfast, get a parking place and then meet up with me in line (we'll have those handy Nextel walkie talkies to use to find one another).

What do ya think?

When we were there on the 5th, we got there @ 7:30ish. Shortly after we entered the esplanade Disney closed the entrances, and people had to wait outside of the security checkpoints. I expect the crowds to be bigger this time at an earlier time - I don't know if your dh & kids will be able to meet up with you if you split until Disney starts letting people in.

Of course, this is pure speculation on my part.

The one thing Id really worry about is being split up- I have a feeling its going to hard to meet up esp with people as worried about "getting in" as they are- and you might have a really hard time with the people around you letting X number of people in-

Personally Id stick togeather- and be advised that unless your talkies have a billion channels- You'll prob have more pain using them as there are only so many channels for the hundeds of talkies in the park...

The parking structure opens at 5

-em

Hey -em :wave:

Does the parking structure open at 5am? I thought just Pumba's lot opened at 5... or is Pumba's lot going to open earlier than that?

I've been told by parking CMs that the Pumbaa lot will open at 3am. My friends and I need handicapped parking and transportation (trams or preferably the wheelchair bus), so we will be waiting for the parking structure most likely.

Pumba is apparently never closing that night and will allow "overnight parking" from what I've heard Mickeys will open att 5

-em

Is it true that priorty will be given to guest staying at the DL hotels? What time would you suggest we get there? Will they allow a line at the monorail station in DTD?

We're staying at the Candy Cane Inn. I know that their shuttle usually starts running 1/2 hour prior to the park's opening time. Does anyone know what time it will start running on the 17th? Would we be better off walking over prior to that? What time do you all think we should try to be there by? Everyone here has been looking forward to this trip so I want to make sure we get there in time. We could have come a week earlier than this, but everyone (being extreme Disney fanatics) really wanted to be there for the actual 50th anniversary. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks-
Alyson

Thanks for all the advice. I agree, I think staying together as a family would be best. I guess I'll be getting to one of the parking lots as soon as they open and play the waiting game like everyone else.

If anyone hears of anything else new in regards to the parking lot opening time....please post.

Thanks again for all the help! :earsboy:

It is going to be NUTS that morning (and then all day inside the park). I too was originally planning on 7am. Then I was thinking closer to 5am. Now I am at maybe 6am. In all honesty I just don't know. I know early. I know sometime between 5am - 7am. Other then that. I guess I will stress over until the 17th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter