Judge OK's Disney World trip for man linked to terrorism investigation

CareBlair

Mouseketeer
I'm confident that he will come back," said the Judge. Oh, good.

Judge OK's Disney World trip for man linked to terrorism investigation

The Associated Press
Thursday, March 8, 2007

CHICAGO: A federal judge in Illinois on Thursday approved a request for a trip to Disney World by a man who the government had once accused of aiding Palestinian militants, brushing aside prosecutors' claims that he may instead flee.

"I'm confident that he will come back," U.S. District Judge Amy J. St. Eve said in giving former Chicago grocer Muhammad Salah permission to make the trip to the Florida vacation spot.

Salah, 53, and former business professor Abdelhaleem Ashqar, 48, were acquitted Feb. 1 of racketeering conspiracy involving laundering and delivering money to Hamas militants trying to topple Israel's government.

The men, however, were convicted of lesser charges. Ashqar was convicted of refusing to testify before a federal grand jury after being granted immunity from prosecution while Salah was convicted of lying under oath in a civil lawsuit. They are awaiting sentencing.

"I get to take it off," a smiling Salah told reporters after court, pointing to a bulge under his left sock where the government has placed an electronic monitoring bracelet to make sure he stays under house arrest.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Joseph M. Ferguson opposed allowing Salah to take off the monitoring bracelet or make the trip.

"His word has been found worthless by a jury," Ferguson said.

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/03/08/america/NA-GEN-US-Hamas-Trial.php

Will they be making a Super Bowl-style ad out of this one?

"Hey, Muhammed Salah, you've just been acquitted (mostly)!! What are you gonna do now?"

"I'm going to Disney World!!"

Imagine the look on the Salah family's faces when they enter thru the tunstiles during.....Gay Days. What a fatwah-fun day that will be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter