Journey to Atlantis back picture

IOAfan

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have a really good photo of the entire backside of Journey to Atlantis or know a site where I can get a good back photo?

IOAfan

Thank you... How long has Thrillride.com been under development? Just asking because the site must be down right now.

IOAfan

Robert Walker has shut down www.thrillride.com because it was too much work for him. So for now, the site takes you to a bulletin board system, which is very nice. Robert tried to make a full time business out of the site, but it didn't pay enough. And keeping his weekly news/rumors column going was too much. Near the end it was 10 pages, alot of information, most of it rumors from other people, but still alot of work to cut and paste into a web page.

Who knows if Robert will come back. His ride reviews are the best and he is missed.

Why do you want pics of the back of the ride? It's just a building. You can see the boats going up the lift hill, but other than that, there's not much too it. You can't see it from the park, what you have to do is drive down Sea Harbor Drive and make a right, and there is a road which drives past JTA and Kraken. Too bad you didn't ask a few weeks ago. I was just there and drove down that back road a few times.

Robvia,

I would like pictures of the back of the structure because I am interested in knowing what the heck is actually happening behind it. Experiencing the ride is one thing, but seeing where the ride takes you is what I'm trying to get from such photographs, if they exist.

IOAfan

Have you been on it yet? I guess not.

It's in an enclosed building. When you're looking at the back of it, all you see is a tall structure. The flume goes thru it for the big drop, but all you really see are walls from the back.

I'll try to explain where you're going. When you get in the boat, you start out heading towards the big drop in the dark. There are some turns to the left as you follow Elyse, you're facing the same direction as the big drop, but probably don't know it. Now the boat turns 90 degrees to the left and you see the monster who tries to get you. At this point, you're probably facing back towards the queue. Now the doors swing open and you make a 180 degree turn to the lift hill. You are now facing towards the big hill again, the same direction you started the ride. If you look to the right, you can see the fence and the road. When you get to the top, you make another 90 degree turn to the left and go down the big hill. Now you make a 180 and come back to the building going up a lift hill. Inside here, you turn to the right and do the coaster stuff, but it's all in the dark inside the building. It's a dive to the left, up to the right, and a water splash down outside. You make a 180 and you're back at the queue.

About the only thing you would see from the back is a tall building with the boats going up the main lift hill, and the track leading to the final splash down. The coaster part is a 90 degree dive to the left, then a 90 degree banked turn bringing you back up to the right, which leads outside to the splashdown.

You'll just have to come down here and ride it.

Robvia,

Yes, I've been on it three times. I know that you can see the track that leads you to the flume and also part of the track that takes you back to the loading dock (the "secret" drop). I've seen it too many times on my vacations to Sea World, so don't you tell me that all I can see is walls because I know better.

IOAfan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter