Jon and Kate Plus 8, Official Thread--Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found my link redrosesix....pretty cool read on tabloids and the law.

http://www.theatlantic.com/issues/99aug/9908tabloids.htm

Great article -- thanks for the link :goodvibes

But can we talk about the coincidences? Williams & Connolly representing The Enquirer (and obviously The Star too) and now representing TLC. The conspiracy theorists would have a field day with that one.

And apparently the Martin Singer at the beginning of the article is the same Marty Singer who is Kate's "litigation attorney" (from the firm of Lavely and Singer aka the good guys who fight the tabloids). This is just a little weird :rolleyes1

finally...something that may suggest that Stephanie the nanny may have barked up the wrong tree? The bodyguard may be suing the National Enquirer for being falsely accused ... http://www.usmagazine.com/celebritynews/news/rep-jon-gosselin-sex-tape-cocaine-claims-false-1970218

Interesting -- since really, whether Jon actually did what they claimed he did is irrelevant, if the Stephanie and The Enquirer can't prove that the bodyguard told Stephanie anything. And this isn't the first time she has said something about the bodyguard. He may end up suing more than just the bodyguard.

Well, it appears that the previous article from today about J&K sitting down together was wrong...they have finished filming their separate final interviews.

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/jon-kate-film-separate-interviews-for-jon-kate-plus-8-finale/31224

QUOTE:

Jon & Kate Film Separate Interviews For 'Jon & Kate Plus 8' FinaleAccess Hollywood - 23 minutes ago

Jon and Kate Gosselin and their eight kids in HawaiiTLCAccess Hollywood LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- Jon and Kate Gosselin are wrapping up their TLC reality show with sit down interviews, but they won't be doing them together, Access Hollywood has learned.

Despite earlier reports on Friday to the contrary, Jon and Kate will not join each other in the same room for the finale of "Jon & Kate Plus 8."

The episode will find the couple, who are embroiled in a divorce battle, discussing current events in their lives and looking back at the big moments over the past year, Radar Online reported.

The finale of "Jon & Kate Plus 8" will air November 23.

As previously reported on AccessHollywood.com, Jon is currently embroiled in two lawsuits with TLC. The network sued him for breach of contract to which he responded by filing a $5 million counter-suit claiming the network violated child labor laws.

Jon filmed his "Jon & Kate Plus 8" interview before either suit was filed, Access has learned.

Earlier this year, Jon stopped TLC from filming his children not long after the network announced they were re-tooling the show and re-branding it "Kate Plus 8."

Great article -- thanks for the link :goodvibes

But can we talk about the coincidences? Williams & Connolly representing The Enquirer (and obviously The Star too) and now representing TLC. The conspiracy theorists would have a field day with that one.

And apparently the Martin Singer at the beginning of the article is the same Marty Singer who is Kate's "litigation attorney" (from the firm of Lavely and Singer aka the good guys who fight the tabloids). This is just a little weird :rolleyes1

I guess my Google is in on the conspiracy. I didn't even read the article closely enough to catch that.:lmao:

finally...something that may suggest that Stephanie the nanny may have barked up the wrong tree? The bodyguard may be suing the National Enquirer for being falsely accused ... http://www.usmagazine.com/celebritynews/news/rep-jon-gosselin-sex-tape-cocaine-claims-false-1970218

What the body guard is accused of is just so awful. Could he go to jail if it is true?

How did Jon get invited to that wedding? And I wonder what his gift to the happy couple will be! :rotfl:

I was so surprised they were friends when I heard this last week. I'm glad he is going with his mother.

What the body guard is accused of is just so awful. Could he go to jail if it is true?

Like, if this were true and he actually witnessed something?

Depends on the laws of the state.

For some reason growing up, I never stuck around to find out so if there was ever a hint of illegal drug use, I'd run for the hills. So I'm not sure if witnessing and not reporting is illegal or not.

But it seems he (or his attorney?) have already responded that he never said that and that the allegation was false. (not sure if he claims he never witnessed or if he is claiming he never said this. But it is late and I'm not rereading it. :laughing:).

I guess my Google is in on the conspiracy. I didn't even read the article closely enough to catch that.:lmao:

That is too funny! :rotfl2:

I was so surprised they were friends when I heard this last week. I'm glad he is going with his mother.

Yes, if he arranged for the girl and the secret video it might be considered criminal activity -- no wonder he's suing.

As for Jon going to the wedding in Hawaii, ITA it's nice that he's going with his mom. Funny, he mentioned a couple of weeks ago that he was going to Hawaii and staying with family -- but he never name-dropped about being invited to the wedding. :thumbsup2 The info was released by the groom.

For some reason growing up, I never stuck around to find out so if there was ever a hint of illegal drug use, I'd run for the hills. So I'm not sure if witnessing and not reporting is illegal or not.

But it seems he (or his attorney?) have already responded that he never said that and that the allegation was false. (not sure if he claims he never witnessed or if he is claiming he never said this. But it is late and I'm not rereading it. :laughing:).

I did the same thing -- I was such a wimp when it came to things like that -- but then again I hung out with a bunch of granola-eating skateboarders who kept repeating the phrase "my body is a temple" :lmao:

i don't know if they are still on the books but there used to be some laws in california where you could be criminaly charged if you were determined to be in the company of someone who was found to be in possession of an illegal substance.

it was a realy obscure law but i had a boyfriend who was charged with it many years ago. he was absolutly not using or carrying but 2 people he was with were carrying (small amount of weed) and he got charged with this. the lawyer he got looked at the charge and said he had never encountered anyone who had ever been charged with it, and had to research what the particulars were. it was an insanely old law and the lawyer believed that the only way the officer who issued the charge (bf was'nt arrested that nite-he ended up getting notified of the charge via the mail) knew about the law was probably b/c he was newer to the job and had likely encountered it in some kind of criminal justice class he'd recently taken.

lawyer contacted the d.a.'s office and asked 'do you realy intend on pursuing prosecution for this?'-d.a.'s office had never heard of it either and had to look it up:rotfl::rotfl: needless to say-the charges were dropped.

I think I read he is being accused of filming Jon without his knowledge which I think is so SICK.

That is too funny! :rotfl2:

Yes, if he arranged for the girl and the secret video it might be considered criminal activity -- no wonder he's suing.

As for Jon going to the wedding in Hawaii, ITA it's nice that he's going with his mom. Funny, he mentioned a couple of weeks ago that he was going to Hawaii and staying with family -- but he never name-dropped about being invited to the wedding. :thumbsup2 The info was released by the groom.

I think Jon does a good job of keeping his friends & family out of his mess.

I would like to know the story of him & Shane.

I think Jon does a good job of keeping his friends & family out of his mess.

I would like to know the story of him & Shane.

Yup, we haven't heard much about his family -- except when he's shopping or traveling with his mother, or (sadly) when his grandmother fell at his house. Maybe he's learning slowly. In fact, I don't think we've heard from him all week except for filing the counter-claim against TLC -- and not even a comment on that, not even at the fence (is this a record?)

The only thing I've ever seen about him and Shane was that they had done an interview together and that Shane was there when they did a baseball show for JK+8. No idea whether they knew each other before or not. :confused3

Well, this wasn't a surprise but hopefully it will finally clear up the Stephanie Santoro business one way or the other:
http://www.tmz.com/2009/11/13/tlc-to-jons-nanny-get-your-butt-in-court/

TLC to Jon's Nanny: Get Your Butt in Court

Posted Nov 13th 2009 5:21PM by TMZ Staff

John GosselinTMZ has learned the Gosselins' former nanny -- who once claimed to have had a sexual relationship with Jon -- is the next person TLC wants to testify in their breach of contract case against Jon.

TLC's lawyers have filed court papers in Maryland asking the judge for permission to serve Stephanie Santoro with a subpoena. They also want Stephanie's records.

If it's granted, Santoro will be forced to testify -- along with Michael Lohan, Hailey Glassman and Star Magazine reporter Kate Major.

Depositions are scheduled for December 10.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2009/11/13/tlc-to-jons-nanny-get-your-butt-in-court/#ixzz0WoBLq21V

It seems like they're not allowing much time for depositions -- they're supposed to be in court on the 14th.

Well, this wasn't a surprise but hopefully it will finally clear up the Stephanie Santoro business one way or the other:

John GosselinTMZ has learned the Gosselins' former nanny -- who once claimed to have had a sexual relationship with Jon -- is the next person TLC wants to testify in their breach of contract case against Jon.

TLC's lawyers have filed court papers in Maryland asking the judge for permission to serve Stephanie Santoro with a subpoena. They also want Stephanie's records.

If it's granted, Santoro will be forced to testify -- along with Michael Lohan, Hailey Glassman and Star Magazine reporter Kate Major.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2009/11/13/tlc-to-jons-nanny-get-your-butt-in-court/#ixzz0WoBLq21V

It seems like they're not allowing much time for depositions -- they're supposed to be in court on the 14th.

Or it could be a scare tactic to encourage Jon to make an out of court settlement..

My DD had to give a deposition for the lawsuit she has filed against the idiot that slammed into her while talking on a cell phone.. Her deposition took two full days - as well as another 4 hours on a third day for her DH's deposition..

You would think by now they would know how to spell his name

Or it could be a scare tactic to encourage Jon to make an out of court settlement..

My DD had to give a deposition for the lawsuit she has filed against the idiot that slammed into her while talking on a cell phone.. Her deposition took two full days - as well as another 4 hours on a third day for her DH's deposition..

Exactly -- when I gave a deposition when I sued the drunk driver that hit me, it took more than 1 day, but that was talking about an incident that took only 5 minutes in real life (there weren't many medical questions, since that was all in the Dr's reports)

And we don't even have Jon's list yet. :confused3

Or it could be a scare tactic to encourage Jon to make an out of court settlement...

I'm really curious to see what happens with Stephanie. I think Jon really, really wants to avoid all the text messages Stephanie saved from getting out there. He has said a few times her statements aren't true and she is flat out lying, but she claims she has texts from him that prove what she is saying.
Only thing I don't understand is why she hasn't sold them to someone yet.

I'm really curious to see what happens with Stephanie. I think Jon really, really wants to avoid all the text messages Stephanie saved from getting out there. He has said a few times her statements aren't true and she is flat out lying, but she claims she has texts from him that prove what she is saying.
Only thing I don't understand is why she hasn't sold them to someone yet.

They would have come out by now. I don't think there are any texts. Her mother claimed there were a long time ago and that they would come out. Meanwhile Stephanie has claimed everything under the sun about Jon and I guess he hasn't paid her off yet since we went from pot to cocaine LOL!

Yippee..I didn't want Kate and Jon to adopt them..but I did get a great home for both of my FIV positive kittens. I am thrilled. No other cats in the home, he very much wanted them both..and they loved him!

Yippee..I didn't want Kate and Jon to adopt them..but I did get a great home for both of my FIV positive kittens. I am thrilled. No other cats in the home, he very much wanted them both..and they loved him!

That's awesome :goodvibes

Congratulations!!!!

Kitty Cat dance with the shower smileys: :dance3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter