Join the stand-by line Jan 31-Feb 2 2022

PoohNFriends

DIS Veteran
Welcome!

We will be landing late tomorrow night to start our delayed graduation/family trip.
Our party is myself, my husband, our nephew(18), and our daughter(3). We were supposed to go in June '20 to celebrate our nephew's graduation from HS, but we're all aware why that didn't happen 😷.
Last March, I had planned to go to Disneyland w/my girlfriends for my 40th. DL wasn't open yet, so we moved our trip to UOR. We had great weather & a great stay in a CL room at PBR. My husband has never been & nephew hasn't been for over 10 years so I'm excited to be their tour guide!

Last edited:
As I said, we land late tmrw night. It was a bit cheaper for us to fly in late Sun w/the extra night of hotel vs flying in early Mon. From the recommendations on the boards, I have Tony Hinds (or associate) booked for car service. Figured it would be easier than dragging the car seat or trying to get a rideshare w/car seat, and no risk of surge pricing.
We'll be checking into an HRH garden view room the 1st night. Mon we'll switch over to a CL king suite room. I actually had moved us to PBR since I was familiar w/their CL from March and it seems to be slightly preferred over HRH CL. But I switched us back when I saw the king suite open, plus we no longer needed 2 rooms because nephew's friend can't make it.
My mom & her husband will be coming from Marathon to meet us for dinner at Mama Della's on Tue. I want to do Cowfish again and of course have some Butterbeers & Florean Fortescue's. We did Antojitos & Toothsome dessert in March; both were good, but not must-go-back for me. Otherwise, I haven't made specific eating plans - it'll be nice to pick as needed.

We've been back over a week and I have some time to start the actual review of our trip.
We landed at MCO a bit after 10p. My husband realized he forgot his phone on the plane after the doors closed 😖. He caught an employee as they were leaving the area, and fortunately I happened to catch what row we were in (SW) and phone was retrieved🙂.
Got our luggage and Tony Hinds was there to pick us up. He was in a Suburban and had the toddler carseat ready to go for us.
We checked into HRH around 11p. We had a queen garden view room booked for the 1st night since we were getting there so late. They upgraded us to CL. We really didn't "need" an upgrade since it was closed and we were checking into a different CL room the next day, but nice gesture.
We had room 7094. I didn't take any room pics since we weren't there long, bit it had the 2 queen beds, a little table & chair, the TV/dresser area, kitchenette nook, and the bathroom was very big & had a tub/shower and double sinks.
Around 9/930a there was some scaffolding in front of our window, but it wasn't there long. However, I only caught pics when the scaffolding was there.
I was thinking breakfast was only until 9a and it was just after 10a when I realized we could've made it if we got ready a bit faster. We grabbed some drinks and headed down w/our stuff to check out of this room & check into new room. New room wasn't ready so we left our stuff w/bell services and headed to the park.
The boat was there so we decided to take it vs walking.
Up next - IoA & Cowfish.

Last edited:
We got to the park at 11a and hadn't eaten yet. My husband wanted a turkey leg vs Mythos so we had Three Broomsticks for lunch. Besides the turkey leg, nephew & I got fish & chips and daughter got chicken fingers. I liked the potato wedges vs a regular fry. The fish was battered well, but absorbed a good amount of oil. Overall, I would go there again for lunch.

Our 3 yo is very apprehensive so I wanted to get her on a kid-friendly ride to try to get her excited. Her very 1st ride was the Seuss Trolley. We were in the front, she was definitely nervous but held my hand & didn't cry. We couldn't convince her to go on the other Seuss rides, but we did hit the zoo for her.
For the big kids, we headed to Hulk. Nephew & husb went 1st and were off pretty quick then nephew & went. We got the last row and the launch bothered me more than last year & it was weird to watch the beginning of the car in loops. Still fun, but my husb was a 1&done.
In between rides we got a Dole Whip from Wimpy's - yum! Wish I knew they were at UO last year. I have recipes for them too, but never tried making it because I assume it won't be the same - any of you try an at-home version?

Last edited:
After our 🍍 treat we played on Me Ship, The Olive. DD really loved this, she kept asking to go find the pirate treasure for the next 24 hours.
Park view from Olive

We did hit, Spiderman, Kong, FJ, a little bit of Camp Jurassic today too. I couldn't convince DD to do Pteranodon Flyers and the big kids would have to wait to do Hagrids & Velocicoaster.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter