Johnny Back as Jack Sparrow?

Not really a surprise. Disney made a LOT of money off those movies with him in the lead, and it seems he needs the money (if you believe what you read). Seems like an easy deal to be made.

Yah he was the character. I mean that is pretty much how Hollywood functions at this point. an actor becomes that character. look at marvel. Boseman will always be black panther to us for the time to come. Iron man and Captian America. I mean do people remember Evans was in the fantastic 4? I feel we associate actors with who they play since super hero movies have become pretty much Hollywood. Same goes for Jack Sparrow. I can't see anyone else playing him for many years to come.

Yah he was the character. I mean that is pretty much how Hollywood functions at this point. an actor becomes that character. look at marvel. Boseman will always be black panther to us for the time to come. Iron man and Captian America. I mean do people remember Evans was in the fantastic 4? I feel we associate actors with who they play since super hero movies have become pretty much Hollywood. Same goes for Jack Sparrow. I can't see anyone else playing him for many years to come.
James Bond, Jack Ryan, Jack Reacher, Bruce Wayne, Clark Kent....

I get your point but

James Bond, Jack Ryan, Jack Reacher, Bruce Wayne, Clark Kent....

I get your point but
But how long did they have to wait between? And those are also a different type of movie. I really wouldn't say any of the actors that played those roles brought anything unique or captivating. Super Heros are generic for the most part. One hunk of meat with straight teeth and sculpted abs is as good as another. Whereas sometimes an actor comes along that so embodies a role that they carve a place in the psyche of the people for decades. Johnny Depp is Jack Sparrow. Ian Mckellan is Gandalf, Henry Cavill is Geralt of Rivia.

Whereas sometimes an actor comes along that so embodies a role that they carve a place Johnny Depp is Jack Sparrow. Ian Mckellan is Gandalf, Henry Cavill is Geralt of Rivia.

LOL, one of those is already being played by another actor (a younger version of him anyway), and it’s already been announced that the other will be replaced soon. My guess would be that if they do replace Depp it will be a younger version in some of his earlier adventures. No controversy about changing actors that way.

But how long did they have to wait between? And those are also a different type of movie. I really wouldn't say any of the actors that played those roles brought anything unique or captivating. Super Heros are generic for the most part. One hunk of meat with straight teeth and sculpted abs is as good as another. Whereas sometimes an actor comes along that so embodies a role that they carve a place in the psyche of the people for decades. Johnny Depp is Jack Sparrow. Ian Mckellan is Gandalf, Henry Cavill is Geralt of Rivia.
Agree with you on super heroes in general and Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow, but disagree with the actors who have played James Bond.

Agree with you on super heroes in general and Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow, but disagree with the actors who have played James Bond.
I can't really argue on Bond as I'm not a Bond gal. Never seen any of the films, but I can see that requiring a bit more personality.

LOL, one of those is already being played by another actor (a younger version of him anyway), and it’s already been announced that the other will be replaced soon. My guess would be that if they do replace Depp it will be a younger version in some of his earlier adventures. No controversy about changing actors that way
The replacement of Gandalf makes sense to some extent given as you said, "less controversy" when going back to earlier days. Though Gandalf could look anyway he wants to look, so they could have made Ian McKellan work. I don't think they needed to though. As far as Geralt being replaced with Liam Hemsworth, I don't think this will bode well for the show. Regardless of how they decide to move forward on Pirates, Johnny will have to return as Sparrow at least one last time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter