John Spelich says "We don't care about VMKers"

Scott Lawson, Andrew's father, said his family stayed at the Disneyland Resort three times, spending about $2,000 each time, to obtain a virtual hat based on Disney's "Lilo & Stitch" series.

That is his fault. If he's stupid enough to spend that much money over a virtual item, then he's obviously lacking brain cells. I would never waste 6000 bucks just to get a few pieces of cardboard.

That is his fault. If he's stupid enough to spend that much money over a virtual item, then he's obviously lacking brain cells. I would never waste 6000 bucks just to get a few pieces of cardboard.

It's not really $6000 just for the hat, you get a trip to Disneyland along with it so I would say that's not much of a waste.

Yeah, but he went just for the Cards. He didn't go for the experience. That, my friends, is stupid.

Yeah, but he went just for the Cards. He didn't go for the experience. That, my friends, is stupid.

I have a couple of opinions for your two previous posts.

First off, it isn't his fault that Disney has their prices jacked up so high to stay at their resort. The only way to get those cards was booking a trip to the Disneyland Resort through the Disney travel agency. Believe me I know, I asked my dad if we could go and do the same. The Disney travel agency only offered the cards through what they called a 'magic' package. The package only included (1) set of Stitch cards. The magic package had to include a mininum 2 night stay at any of their resort hotels ($200 - 400 per night, depending on the season), theme park tickets and a couple other resort fees. Altogether costing a mininum of $1,200. Perhaps these people requested a longer stay to comply with a special event they were celebrating? Birthday, holiday or for plain satisfaction? Really not important to the point Im trying to make here.

I highly doubt they just went for the cards. Perhaps this family has gone through some tough times and saved the money to enjoy some valuable time together to get away from real life problems? I don't think they would book a $2,000 trip, get the cards and then say "hey, we're going home." Disneyland is a great place to be and i'm sure they enjoy being there. I am sure they went back with time in between each visit. Maybe they went back during a celebration like I said previously. Counting the times they visited to get the cards, I'd guess 3 family members play VMK. Since the magic package only included (1) set of cards, he would have to visit the Disneyland Resort 3 seperate times. Further more, I don't think they went 3 times in one week.

I will leave you with one final thought. Say they did go 3 times in a week, or a month, do you think the father would get tired of being together and putting money into obtaining a virtual reward? No, because he cares about his children and enjoys playing the game with them and enjoys seeing them happy enjoying something they love and treasure. This family obviously enjoys going to Disneyland and visits frequently. As long as they have the money, I say go for it! Enjoy life as you can now because the truth is, sometime, somewhere they won't ever get to do that again.

This is the perfect example of someone judging someone by a article instead of giving it much thought first. It appears to me the real point of going to the effort to talk to the AP (Associated Press) was to do his kids and everyone else that enjoys VMK a favor and try to save something worthwhile for them to enjoy. Next time, think before you post and say that a person is lacking brain cells or is plain stupid. Calling someone stupid or lacking brain cells is nothing less than name calling and shows a lack of maturity and does not belong here on the boards.

VMKRocks1024

I have a couple of opinions for your two previous posts.

First off, it isn't his fault that Disney has their prices jacked up so high to stay at their resort. The only way to get those cards was booking a trip to the Disneyland Resort through the Disney travel agency. Believe me I know, I asked my dad if we could go and do the same. The Disney travel agency only offered the cards through what they called a 'magic' package. The package only included (1) set of Stitch cards. The magic package had to include a mininum 2 night stay at any of their resort hotels ($200 - 400 per night, depending on the season), theme park tickets and a couple other resort fees. Altogether costing a mininum of $1,200. Perhaps these people requested a longer stay to comply with a special event they were celebrating? Birthday, holiday or for plain satisfaction? Really not important to the point Im trying to make here.

I highly doubt they just went for the cards. Perhaps this family has gone through some tough times and saved the money to enjoy some valuable time together to get away from real life problems? I don't think they would book a $2,000 trip, get the cards and then say "hey, we're going home." Disneyland is a great place to be and i'm sure they enjoy being there. I am sure they went back with time in between each visit. Maybe they went back during a celebration like I said previously. Counting the times they visited to get the cards, I'd guess 3 family members play VMK. Since the magic package only included (1) set of cards, he would have to visit the Disneyland Resort 3 seperate times. Further more, I don't think they went 3 times in one week.

I will leave you with one final thought. Say they did go 3 times in a week, or a month, do you think the father would get tired of being together and putting money into obtaining a virtual reward? No, because he cares about his children and enjoys playing the game with them and enjoys seeing them happy enjoying something they love and treasure. This family obviously enjoys going to Disneyland and visits frequently. As long as they have the money, I say go for it! Enjoy life as you can now because the truth is, sometime, somewhere they won't ever get to do that again.

This is the perfect example of someone judging someone by a article instead of giving it much thought first. It appears to me the real point of going to the effort to talk to the AP (Associated Press) was to do his kids and everyone else that enjoys VMK a favor and try to save something worthwhile for them to enjoy. Next time, think before you post and say that a person is lacking brain cells or is plain stupid. Calling someone stupid or lacking brain cells is nothing less than name calling and shows a lack of maturity and does not belong here on the boards.

VMKRocks1024

Well said!!

:woohoo: :woohoo: :cheer2: :cheer2: :yay: :yay:

Interesting article, I have never heard of these games really, so I can't really give a huge comment on this so I guess ill have to go and try them out:confused:

Interesting article, I have never heard of these games really, so I can't really give a huge comment on this so I guess ill have to go and try them out:confused:

The game Virtual Magic Kingdom was an online multi-player role playing game that started in 2005 and ended in 2008. Any discussion now is pretty much obsolete, because Disney gave up the development of this game after they shut down the server to it.

All I can tell you irhussa is that VMK was pretty much one of the greatest games ever. It was definitely the greatest game I personally have ever played and it got let to fall by the way side by disney when it could have been even greater had the promoted it right.

Too true, it was an amazing game. My favorite too, of course and I've never found one even close to it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!