• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jim Hill Returns

Watching Jim bounce from place to place is painful, but entertaining. I really enjoy his writing though. Also........Michelle Smith his editor???????Isn't that the "Fabulous Disney Babe", and isn't she also his ex-wife? This will be fun to watch!

Go Jim Go!!!!!!

Good to have him back... but boy, does he need a graphic designer on that site! :)

Trust me, he makes a much better friend than he does a husband, and he's a damn good father to Alice.

He's also the most entertaining writer I know of, and I was getting sick and tired of having to look up where he was about to get fired from THIS week. (KIDDING!)

So, new articles are there, old articles are there, links to new articles on sites that haven't fired him yet (KIDDING!) are there, and links to old sites that erased his stuff. Oh, and links to stuff he wrote for other sites that they haven't taken down.

There will also be stuff by FOJ's (Friends of Jim). Jon Nadelberg's photos, Jeff Lange and Robert Bish's gorgeous desktops, and writings by other media-knowledgeable (and/or opinionated) writers.

Enjoy,
Fab

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again:

Jim Hill for President!!

The guy seems to be able to cut to the chase every time and in a style that is conversational and very easy to read! Some accuse him of having a hidden agenda, but I really don’t see. (Of course it helps that he seems to be on the same page that I’m on. ;)) But in all honesty, it really doesn’t matter. He probes very deeply into an issue and even if you take everything he writes with a grain of salt, your own insight, understanding and “Disney education” will naturally grow.

When he first did the “Western River Expedition” pieces I read them with great interest. I remembered being captivated by the rumors way back in the 70’s. It’s one of the things that turned me off to Disney rumors. They seem to NEVER come true!!!

Anyway, it should be mandatory reading for everyone interested in all things Disney. I strongly urge all of my fellow DISers to go through the series. Great insight. And for once I don’t have an anti-Ei$ner agenda. It just shows what happens when business types clash with creative types.

The only “hidden agenda” thought I do have on it concerns Walt. I feel very strongly that if Walt had been around, we would have seen the project completed. Why? Because it would not only have been ‘good’ SHOW, it would have been GREAT SHOW!!!

Anyway, it’s great that he’s somewhere easily found. And it’s great that Fab is with him (I’m a fan of hers as well)!! So, read Hill and read him often. :bounce:

Jim Hill is great! he and I have disagreed from time to time during his Mouseplanet-period, but his articles are always fascinating and entertaining. I am glad they have found a new home!

I've enjoyed his work as well. I hope that it gets updated often & becomes a weekly staple in my web surfing. If he's looking for some graphic design work on the site (which I'd highly recommend), I would be willing to help. :)

Politics aside, I've enjoyed Fab's site. She even helped me find the uber-butt-kickin' recipe for the gumbo served at NO Square. :smooth:

Yep I like Jim too...calls a spade a spade when it needs to be done and has some insider knowledge like our friend AV....I think AV has a lot more though.

In fact I got into what turned out to be a one sided conversation about Jim's latest on Universal, over on the Universal board with an employee from Universal. Not really sure what his point was about Jim but then all of a sudden the post disappeared or were removed. So now I just look like I'm talking to myself on the thread. Pretty funny if you stop by and look at it over there.

Here's another big welcome to FAB and to Jim Hill at his new place. It will be on my daily 'to-check' list...I've been a big fan of his from the beginning.

BTW: Jeff, if you really want a good recipe for gumbo...pm me. ;)
It all starts with a good roux...

Send me your website links - we need them for the links page, which is a little empty as of yet!

Thanks for the kind words. Gumbo's just too sticky for my tastes. I like the oyster brie soup they used to serve at the Brown Derby, however - go fig!

Fab

We've updated with a story about DCA's Tower of Terror in its original form: ToonTower.

Also, another installment of Light Magic and news about a special Kurt Russell DVD set.

Michelle

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter