Jiko

Taratink

DIS Veteran
Is Jiko fancy? I have heard great things about it. We will bev dinning with our 3 and 5 yr. old children. Is it a slow dinning experience? The kids cannot sit still for more than 45-60 minutes.
Tara

Jiko is a fancy restaurant, but they welcome children as all the restaurants do. The only time we ate there it was with a large group, and it was a leisurely experience, which is what we wanted. I am sure that you can ask your servers to serve more quickly, and you can take the kids for a little walk if necessary 0 it's a great resort for little walks!

Have fun!

I don't think I'd call JIKO "fancy" but it is more of a "fine dining" type of restaurant. It is very kid friendly with some common and "different" kids menu items.

I do have to say it is more on the "slower" side since it is considered "fine dining". I would say our visits have been at least an hr to an hr and a half, but that was with ordering appetizers. There is a salad on the kids menu that dd (she's 6) kinda likes. Last time she didn't eat much of it but enjoyed playing with it:tongue:

I would recommend bringing some "table/restaurant" activities to keep them busy (crayons, activity book, something like that).

This restaruant has become a "must do" for our trips now.

i have to agree w/disboo. jiko is fancy and wonderful. the idea of little walks is great. have you considered using one of the onsite evening cares? or an in room sitter? that way you and your husband could have an evening out.:tongue:

Jiko asks for smart casual..although this past saturday night..we were running late from the parks and went straight over in park attire. Now, none of us looked bad..nice capris/shorts and tops. We didn't feel out of place at all.

I would say though...this is definately a slow dining experience. If your kids can't sit more than 45 minutes..don't go. You dinnter will be a good 2 hours from start to finish. You could try Boma..the buffet restuarant at the lodge. It s also excellent.

There were plenty of kids at Jiko when we were there Saturday night...and I have to say...kudos to the parents..because they all had perfect behavior. You could tell they were used to fine dining. Very nice to see. Kids with great palettes and enjoying fine dining. Reminds me of when ours were little.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter