Jiko?

Sazzo'sMommy

DIS Veteran
We're thinking about eating at Jiko...What's yummy?

DH is a meat eater and I'm a veggie!

Give us suggestions, please!:Pinkbounc

For the vegetarian I have no suggestions.
But otherwise, that Filet is excellent!! But I'm partial to the berbre Braised Lamb Shank. A generous order, very flavorful (but NOT hot) and simply falling off the bone.

but only looking at the menu, they have some items that would look to be on the vegetarian side.

From the Cooking Place:

Lentil "Pastilla" - Lentil Filled Phyllo Packets with Sweet & Sour Sauce

Maize "Tamales" - Truffle Oil, Fine Herbs, Maize Pudding Wrapped in Corn Husks

Kalamata Olive Flat Bread with Five Cheeses

Roasted Tomato & Spinach Flat Bread with Aged Tomme Goat Cheese and Cilantro Yogurt Drizzle

Appetizers:

Curried Lentil Soup
Jiko Goat and Sheelp Cheese Selection
Earthbound Farm Organic Field Greens
Cucumber, Tomato and Red Onion Salad

Entrees:

Grain, Peas and Veggies - Black Gabonzo Peas, Quinoa, Pearl and Black Barley and Wheat Berries with Roasted Veggies and Seared Tandoori Tofu

For your DH, I highly recommend the Oak-Grilled Filet Mignon! Last time I tried the Harissa Crusted Golden Bass and it was awesome!

Hope this helps!

Scratch
pirate:

PS Excuse me now while I go make a PS for Jiko for our upcoming trip!LOL

I also have to agree with your hubby getting the Oak-Grilled Filet Mignon! Plus - there are a good amount of veg. entrees available as the previous poster stated.

ENJOY it...it's one of my all time favorite restaurants in the world!

definetly try the flat bread with teh 3 dipping sauces as an appetizer...really gets you in the "mood" for the "flavor" of the food to come.

DH and I are vegetarian, too and we have Jiko planned for our next trip. I looked at the sample menus at allearsnet.com and read the Vegetarian Guide to WDW...and it looks pretty veggie friendly!

The Beef Tenderloin w/ macaroni & cheese or the Pork Tenderloin dinners are both excellent. Show up a little early and take a walk outside to see the animals and explore the rest of this beautiful resort.

For DH definitely the filet with mac and cheese. Best entree I've ever had on Disney property. DH and I split a Kalamata Olive Flatbread as an app and it was fantastic and meat free.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter