Jiko post Anette Grecchi Gray?

d-r

<font color=red>l|ll|||ll||ll||<font color=purple>
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone has been to Jiko since Chef Anette left, and how the experience was? I've been a fan of her since the artist point days (well I guess actually from Ca. Grill days but I didn't know it then) and although I think Artist Point has caught back up to where it was, I felt like it slipped for a while there when she went to jiko. Our next stay is at AKV so we were planning to Jiko then, but I've been a little relunctant to make a reservation since Anette left, I think I heard the chef from la cellier was coming to jiko so I wasn't too sure about it. I was hoping to hear from anyone who has been recently? THANKS SO MUCH.

I am bumping as I am interested in hearing about recent recent experiences too. We have an ADR for Jiko next month, and are hoping for a meal that has been on par with our past experiences at Jiko.

Anybody? Please? Bueller?

LOL BUELLER!

I just ate at Jiko a few weeks ago. It was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good. I've eaten at all the signature restaurants- except V&A's, and this was excellent. I am not sure who the new chef is, but the food was SOOO amazing. I saw the chef (i wish i had gotten his name) go up to a table near me in the wine room because the lady had reallllllly awful food allergies, he was very nice to her and really catered to her needs. It was great to see that. The service at Jiko is way beyond other restaurants at WDW.

Thanks epcotlove; we made reservations tonight to give it a day in court.

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone has been to Jiko since Chef Anette left, and how the experience was? I've been a fan of her since the artist point days (well I guess actually from Ca. Grill days but I didn't know it then) and although I think Artist Point has caught back up to where it was, I felt like it slipped for a while there when she went to jiko. Our next stay is at AKV so we were planning to Jiko then, but I've been a little relunctant to make a reservation since Anette left, I think I heard the chef from la cellier was coming to jiko so I wasn't too sure about it. I was hoping to hear from anyone who has been recently? THANKS SO MUCH.

We had dinner at Jiko's just a few days ago and it was outstanding just as it was in the past.

Has the new chef made any menu changes yet? Or is the allears one still pretty current?

Has the new chef made any menu changes yet? Or is the allears one still pretty current?

Menu looked the same which is great for us as we ordered our usual. Started with the Taste of Africa then had the Tenderloin with mac and cheese with a nice wine and then ended with the creme brulee and an ameretto on the rocks. It was outstanding as usual.

That's good to hear. I was looking forward to ordering that filet and creme brulee. It will be interesting to see what new dishes this chef will come up with too.

We ate their on 9/9 and it was the best meal of our trip. Since this was our first visit to Jiko, I can't compare it to when Annette was there, but I will say we weren't disappointed.

The only change to the menu we saw was that the sturgeon was replaced with halibut, but others have informed me that they interchange the two because of seasonal availability.

I ate at Jiko on the evening of the 26th of September; the halibut was the absolute best piece of fish I have ever tasted, and HUGE!! It came on a platter that was about 18" x 12" oval, and the halibut itself was close to 12 " long, 4" wide and 2-3 inches thick. I couldn't buy that much halibut raw here in Minneapolis for the price I paid for the entree! Here's a pic of the entree after I had taken a couple of bites off one end:
halibut.jpg

I actually started out with the maize and sweet potato tamales, but forgot to take a pic of them. I finished with the white chocolate mousse pyramid encased in dark chocolate with fresh fruit slices (apple and pear) and a raspberry sauce, but was so stupid from stuffing myself that I forgot to get a pic of that too! All in all, an excellent meal, as usual...and I wasn't drinking this evening, so was very pleased to find that the food was really as good as I always thought it was when I had been consuming all the fine South African wines along with my meals in the past!

That halibut looks amazing! I'm torn between getting that and the tamarind braised beef short ribs. Of course, it will be hard not to get the filet with mac and cheese again.

I ate at Jiko's last week and I gotta tell you I was not impressed. We ordered 4 different things (Everything from alcoholic beverage to food to tea) and they were out of the item. No apology, no substitution, no recommendations. The food we did get was horrible. Seasonings were off, just not a great meal.

I ate at Jiko last Wednesday (the 26th) and it was AMAZING! Everything from the appetizers to wine to entrees to dessert was fantastic. I'll be starting a dining report this weekend, so you can see my reviews for Jiko in that.

We ate at Jiko last week too (last week of September) and the menu seemed quite similar to what I've been seeing on All Ears. Wish I had thought to ask for a menu to take along! I couldn't see that the new chef has many any big changes yet.

We all succombed to the steak with mac and cheese, and I'm not much of a steak eater, but I had to try it after seeing all the DIS board pix of it. We all enjoyed it.

Had the Lemon Curd for dessert, it was an excellent end to a heavy meal, loved the tart lemon and berries!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter