Jiko or Tiffins?

gergy9

Earning My Ears
We originally were planning to do both but plans changed. We have yet to visit either. I currently have ROL package booked at Tiffins or could use AP 30% off for Jiko.

Which should we do?

Thanks for any input!

We are doing both, we have ate at Jiko several times but have not eaten at Tiffins or seen RoL so if I could only choose one I would go with Tiffins. We like Jiko's but it's not a must do for us every trip. I did not realize there was a 30% AP disc thought. Are there other similar AP discounts? Do you know how long it is going to last?

Thanks for the advice. Here are the details.

For a limited time, some of the most popular table-service restaurants at Walt Disney World Resort hotels are adding an extra 20 percent* to their Disney Vacation Club Member discount.

This special 30 percent discount is available through Sept. 30, 2017, at the following restaurants during the dinner meal period before 6:30 p.m. or after 8:30 p.m.:

Jiko is the better experience, IMHO. It just depends on how much you want to see ROL - if you are willing to wait in standby or use a FP+ or not go at all!

I've been to Jiko twice before and it was phenomenal. I'm taking my bf for his first time and am hoping the food will dispel some of his anti-Disney sentiment. That said, I'd love to try Tiffins and have heard it's very good. Would I be better off repeating Jiko or trying Tiffins? I had decided on Tiffins but am second-guessing myself now. :)

I haven't tried Jiko, and by the answers I see here, I need to in the future.
But we did Tiffins twice on our two days in AK. Had originally booked Tiffins the first day and Tusker House for the second day. After our wonderful experience and food at Tiffins, I changed our reservations for the second AK day. My husband really LOVED it.

Difficult choice. We are doing both this trip. Both are really good, but different experiences. JIKO is more of a dining experience and Tiffins is more of a high end park restaurant, both wth really good food. We didn't feel rushed at Tiffins, but the meal was more relaxed at JIKO.

We originally were planning to do both but plans changed. We have yet to visit either. I currently have ROL package booked at Tiffins or could use AP 30% off for Jiko.

Which should we do?

Thanks for any input!
At a resort (Jiko) or in a Park (Tiffins) would be my question(?).

Coin-flip.

Jiko would be our choice love it.

Tiffins won’t be going back unless it’s in the lounge. DH has not let go of the awful experience there it’s a standing joke in our house he says that Disney owes him money back. Our server, to the stale saffron in the sauce which ended up being on 2 dishes just made for one big joke.

We like both a lot but 30% off for a limited time for Jiko's? Jiko's hands-down. Also, I don't know that I'd book the RoL package at Tiffins simply because I wouldn't want to have a time limit for when I had to leave it.

I'm going to save Tiffins for next time, perhaps when I'm not taking my bf for his first time trip.

Switched the reservation in March to Jiko. The discount promotion will assuredly be gone, but he was excited about the elk dish.

We haven't eaten at either so I have no right to comment.... but I will anyway. :)

If you would like to stay in AK for the evening then eat at Tiffins, otherwise Jiko.

DH,DS and I always make sure we dine at Jiko every trip. Eat there last week and was so disappointed in the service. It's the first time we felt rushed. Dinner arrived before our appetizers were finished. The server seemed annoyed with having to deal with my food allergies. I'm allergic to citrus fruits so I definitely need assistance every place I eat. My DH's appetizer was bigger than his meal. Not sure I'll return.

I have only been to Tiffins but I thought it was excellent. Which fits into your plans better? Where are you staying/coming from? Will you be in AK all day?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter