Jet Skis at Castaway Cay

Jet Skiing worth the money for the time for a newbie?

• Total voters

Samar

DIS Veteran
Hello all! How is the jet skiing experience on CC? I booked the excursion for myself while there was still availability however I haven't really heard any reviews about it.

I have never ridden before but is the excursion worth the cost for a beginner? What were your thoughts? Thanks!

My family & I do this every cruise and it's always a highlight! I'd definitely recommend!

It's a great excursion. You should get the hang of it pretty quickly. I believe your kids can ride along. I didn't see any on the excursion I was on but I think they can ride on back.

Wish I could answer this... we had this excursion booked last October, but all water activities ended up being cancelled due to rough seas :(

It's a great excursion. You should get the hang of it pretty quickly. I believe your kids can ride along. I didn't see any on the excursion I was on but I think they can ride on back.
I went with my then 8 year old two years ago -she loved it but I wasn't crazy about it :( it was pretty to see the ship from them and they take you the offshore an island with lots of starfish - i do think it was worth the money especially if you're adventurous. I had never driven one and found it difficult to maneuver and keep up with the others . I probably would have loved it if I wasn't driving it!

I went with my then 8 year old two years ago -she loved it but I wasn't crazy about it :( it was pretty to see the ship from them and they take you the offshore an island with lots of starfish - i do think it was worth the money especially if you're adventurous. I had never driven one and found it difficult to maneuver and keep up with the others . I probably would have loved it if I wasn't driving it!

I'll agree if you have never done them before it can be sort of challenging to do. You have to keep up with the group, so it could throw people that have never been on them.

Are they stand-up or sit down?
They are sit down. I will say I did better on the way back from the island. I just didn't enjoy driving it - it was quite nerve wracking because I felt I was losing control of it the whole time.

I'll agree if you have never done them before it can be sort of challenging to do. You have to keep up with the group, so it could throw people that have never been on them.

They are sit down. I will say I did better on the way back from the island. I just didn't enjoy driving it - it was quite nerve wracking because I felt I was losing control of it the whole time.

Thank you! After my segway experience in Miami Beach (it wasn't pretty - though could have been worse), based on this info, I have added JetSkis to the NEVER the list!

We didn't find it worth the money for the amount of time. There was a place in Key West who did the same thing for longer for half the price.

It soooo much fun;) You have to follow each other in a line. If you don't want to drive fast get at the end of the line. They have a guide at the beginning and the end of the group.
You may want to wear sunglasses with a strap. The water splashes up in your face and it's windy.

Thank you! After my segway experience in Miami Beach (it wasn't pretty - though could have been worse), based on this info, I have added JetSkis to the NEVER the list!

But at least with these, if you fall off you fall into water, not hard ground. :)

Daughter did it in nov, she hated it. This was her her first time. I thought there was a lack of training, it was a very quick lesson and you were expected to pick it up quickly and off you went. The controls were also very heavy.

Daughter did it in nov, she hated it. This was her her first time. I thought there was a lack of training, it was a very quick lesson and you were expected to pick it up quickly and off you went. The controls were also very heavy.

There's really not much training they provide. They do a quick overview of the controls and that's it, so if you haven't been on one before it could be a challenge. But if you know what you're doing it's a great excursion. It was really cool to be going by the Fantasy that close in the water.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter