Jet Blue Flight for Oct.

thebigman65

DIS Veteran
Hey All, we are travelling from Buffalo to MCO in Oct. Prices seem high ATM. Any ideas on best time to look for better cost?

The old rules of 6-8 weeks prior to travel still hold, but the decrease in price does not make them cheap….just slightly cheaper than waiting till 4 weeks or less to book….

Cheapest flights you will find for air travel this year were back in November….

Book as early as possible is the new rule and that was the truth for our August flight…0

There is no “best” time to book. Not on Tuesday, not during a full moon, not 6 weeks out.

The old rules of 6-8 weeks prior to travel still hold, but the decrease in price does not make them cheap….just slightly cheaper than waiting till 4 weeks or less to book….

Cheapest flights you will find for air travel this year were back in November….

Book as early as possible is the new rule and that was the truth for our August flight…0
Actually the rule is there are no rules.

Your best bet... as soon as you know you want to take a flight, start stalking airfare. You can use websites to do it (I use Google flights), or do it yourself (I do both). You will get an idea of what the price is running for your flight, and hopefully be able to jump on a "deal". However, it is still a gamble. No one can accurately predict what flight prices will do. The old "rule" about 6-8 weeks out for the cheapest price was based on an AVERAGE. That doesn't mean it will work for a specific flight.

Ways to find cheaper (relative) tickets...
* Fly at off times
* Fly to/from different airports
* Be willing to take a connecting flight

We booked our JB flights from Boston to MCO, the first dat they opened for October and since then our flight down has tripled and flight home has doubled in price.

We booked our JB flights from Boston to MCO, the first dat they opened for October and since then our flight down has tripled and flight home has doubled in price.
How do you know what day JetBlue will extend their flight schedule?

How do you know what day JetBlue will extend their flight schedule?

Their website says:

“You can now purchase flights as far out as 331 days from the date of booking at any time. Our flight schedules will automatically extend day-by-day. Check out our Best Fare Finder to see if we have flights scheduled during your desired dates for a chosen route.”

I buy as soon as I find a price I can live with. if you can't live with the current price, you do have the option of waiting, but it is possible you will not find a better price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter