• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jess & Dave's Swan & Dolphin 2013 Wedding! Update 29/07/12!

Congrats and welcome! I love your STDs. I used a lot of the vendors you are using too like Il Mulino, Randy and Beaute Speciale. Good choices!

Here is Il Mulino's courtyard:

5452027177_970e15c18c.jpg

It looks exactly like the West Courtyard that you can use as a ceremony location. It is really pretty and we almost did a cocktail hour out there but didn't want to add the $1,000 minimum to our $3,000 private rooms minimum.

I can't wait to hear more about your plans!

Love your Save the Date and the paper that you chose, so pretty. I really like that kind of paper I think it makes it more "wedding-y"

I love your STDs and it will be interesting to see how many guests you get with such a long trip. I bet this will be the first time that many people get to go to Disney.

I love the color of the purple (purple is my favorite color)

Teresa

Thank you everyone who is reading along, that really means a lot!

Just a quick update tonight, a few weeks ago, we sent out our Save the Dates, A Pre-RSVP card and a newsletter. We have had such a great response from them all, everyone has loved them. We are still hanging out for our pre-rsvp's to come back to give us an indication of numbers, they are due back June 1st, so still 8 weeks to go... boo! I am impatient and want to know who is thinking about coming and not.

So here is a copy of our Save the Dates.
Dave-Jess-FINAL.jpg

We were so happy with these. We got them from Etsy, the seller was so lovely and so quick. She sent me a proof first then sent me the final copy and it was in the standard 4x6 photo, so I was able to get them printed for about .10cents each which is really cheap! Then just got some magnets, to stick on the back of them.

Next is the pre-rsvp card, which I typed up and got printed on a nice purple sparkly card. I have to admit here, I did see this rsvp card on here somewhere, and I wish I could remember who the bride was, I absolutely loved them. So if you are reading here, thank you, thank you and I'm sorry I didn't ask you first about using your idea.

P1090990.jpg

You will also notice a little monogram at the bottom of the card, which I also bought off Etsy from another seller. We love it and hope to use it on more wedding related things, newsletters, favours and welcome bags.

Lastly in the envelope was the newsletter. We got a lot of comments on how great the newsletter was. So I think we will be doing this at least every 3months, because there is just so much to know about WDW! Plus information for our guests as they are travelling from Australia and few people have never travelled overseas before. We also downloaded the Disney font, which is funny as a few of our guests actually thought Disney produced the newsletters for us hehe!

P1090984.jpg

So that's it for tonight, its getting late, I have to get up and go to the gym in the morning, getting my bridal bootcamp starting early hehe!

Thank you for reading along
Jess :)

OHMYGOSH....

I'm usually just lurking around here, but things are starting to get rolling, so I'm beginning to post more. We met with Jennifer at S/D last week and working on getting under for 2013, also.

but..

We have the same Save the Dates!! ours are pink and we made them magnetic, but I LOVE THEM!!!

anyway. im super excited to read along with your wedding now!! pardon my rambling, im at work today, and its totally dead. but im WAY excited!!! :cool1:

I love your STDs! Purple was one of our wedding colors (and one of my favorites!) so I may be a little biased. ;) Etsy is a gold mine for wedding goodies!

Congrats !!

I am looking forward to hearing about your planning. DF and I are looking into October of 2013. I love the STDs, what site did you use to print them ?!

I love your STDs!! So so cute! Sounds like you got a deal too- awesome!

The pre-RSVPs are just adorable and your newsletter looks great! It's awesome you're this far ahead- I'm sure it will help all of your guests! Can't wait to read more!

Thankyou so much! We were so happy with our STD's. A lot of our family and friends actually thought they were Official Disney STD's hehe!

These are great!! :thumbsup2

All of these little details are so wonderful and I'm glad to hear that your guests are really loving it!! I was anxious to get my RSVPs back too, so I totally understand

Have fun at your bridal bootcamp! :cool1:

Thankyou :) Yep our guests are really happy and excited about the trip! I'm still hanging out for June to get them back!

Jessie sweetie - I love the STDs!!! It is always a big project planning an event from so far a distance and I am sure your guests will appreciate all the notice you have given them!!
I love the logo, and you made a great job of putting the newsletters together!!

Thankyou! It is such a big project planning from so far away! I hope everyone is doing their own research and learning about how fun and exciting Disney can be!

Hi:wave2: I am excited to follow along! Your STD are adorable! I can't wait to see what else you've got planned!

Thank you for popping over and checking out my pre-wedding journal :)

Congrats and welcome! I love your STDs. I used a lot of the vendors you are using too like Il Mulino, Randy and Beaute Speciale. Good choices!

Here is Il Mulino's courtyard:

5452027177_970e15c18c.jpg

It looks exactly like the West Courtyard that you can use as a ceremony location. It is really pretty and we almost did a cocktail hour out there but didn't want to add the $1,000 minimum to our $3,000 private rooms minimum.

I can't wait to hear more about your plans!

Thankyou! I love the courtyard outside il Mulino, I just really hope that it's not raining, have been reading really mixed reviews about weather and now i am so worried that its going to rain! I loved reading your reviews of the vendors, so thank you for providing your feedback, its been really great.

I love your STDs and monogram!

Thankyou! :)

Love your Save the Date and the paper that you chose, so pretty. I really like that kind of paper I think it makes it more "wedding-y"

Thanks, I love purple so it wasn't too hard to choose hehe! but I really do love the sparkly paper its beautiful!

I love your STDs and it will be interesting to see how many guests you get with such a long trip. I bet this will be the first time that many people get to go to Disney.

I love the color of the purple (purple is my favorite color)

Teresa

Thankyou! Yes I'm getting impatient although they are not due back until 1 June hahaha! But we have received a few back now, but we are hoping for about 20 people or so. just have to see how we go. I will be spewing if we have under 20 as we could have had an escape wedding hehe.

OHMYGOSH....

I'm usually just lurking around here, but things are starting to get rolling, so I'm beginning to post more. We met with Jennifer at S/D last week and working on getting under for 2013, also.

but..

We have the same Save the Dates!! ours are pink and we made them magnetic, but I LOVE THEM!!!

anyway. im super excited to read along with your wedding now!! pardon my rambling, im at work today, and its totally dead. but im WAY excited!!! :cool1:

hehe! How awesome are they!!? So many of our guests have commented on them and have made comment that they thought they were official invites from Disney!

I love your STDs! Purple was one of our wedding colors (and one of my favorites!) so I may be a little biased. ;) Etsy is a gold mine for wedding goodies!

Thankyou! How good is etsy I love that place, I have bought a few more things as well!

Congrats !!

I am looking forward to hearing about your planning. DF and I are looking into October of 2013. I love the STDs, what site did you use to print them ?!

Thankyou! yah for another 2013 bride! We actually just got them printed from our local store which does photo printing. So they were printed as photos and then i just added a magnet on the back! Very simple and super cheap , as the photos only cost .10cents each!

Thank you very for following along and your comments! you are all so kind!

Well today I floated the idea past hubby to be, about flying to Orlando to do a site visit a bit of a mini getaway! So we are now looking at flights and accommodation and all that sorta thing, to see if its looking like we can make the trip.

Looking at around October/November for about 10days. Its a big journey from Australia about 16 hours direct flying!

If I was to attend, for Swan/Dolphin ladies, would I be able to meet with our wedding coordinator, as well as do a taste testing at Il Mulino as well as taste testing at It's Tasty Too for our cake?
What else could we do ?

Thank you girls so much for you thoughts! Ohh maybe an engagement shoot with Randy!!

Thank you very for following along and your comments! you are all so kind!

Well today I floated the idea past hubby to be, about flying to Orlando to do a site visit a bit of a mini getaway! So we are now looking at flights and accommodation and all that sorta thing, to see if its looking like we can make the trip.

Looking at around October/November for about 10days. Its a big journey from Australia about 16 hours direct flying!

If I was to attend, for Swan/Dolphin ladies, would I be able to meet with our wedding coordinator, as well as do a taste testing at Il Mulino as well as taste testing at It's Tasty Too for our cake?
What else could we do ?

Thank you girls so much for you thoughts! Ohh maybe an engagement shoot with Randy!!
I hope you can make the trip!!

We were able to meet up with our coordinator one time we were at WDW! Just email them with plenty of notice and tell them you'd like to schedule a meet up! We met at the S/D, did a walk through, and sat and chat together! It was great!

I'm not sure about the tasting at Il Mulino but you could definitely do one at It's Tasty Too! Again, just email or call Heather. You won't be disappointed-- her cakes are amazing!!

You may want to consider getting a hair/makeup trial done as well and start scoping out the hotels you'd like to room block (or just ones to recommend for your guests).

If you're going to do a welcome party, rehearsal dinner, or after party, I'd try to find a place on property that you like!

If I think of anything else, I'll post! :thumbsup2

Il Mulino let us do a menu tasting but that was after we had already booked. If you haven't booked yet you could ask. Worst case you could jut have dinner there, I hear that you can get great coupons from restaurant.com for Il Mulino

We did a site visit at the swan and met with our wedding coordinator. We also got to see the space for fulton's. I did not even think about doing a menu tasting with them oops. I think you should be able to and it should be fine. I really hope that you can make the trip.

Teresa

Thank you so much ladies for the suggestions!!

**Just a quick update**
We have decided to go!! YAHH!! and we have booked too!
We are staying at Pop with free dinning(yah!) from 7 - 16 September !! We are so so excited! I have already made a few ADR's hehe but waiting to hear back from Randy about if our dates are ok for an engagement shoot, then i'll speak to Beaute Speciale about getting my hair and makeup trial done. We are thinking we might get our photos done at Pop we love it there! Il Mulino and Just Marry are both happy to meet up, so once we have locked down the few others, then we can make arrangements to meet up with them and try out the meals at Il Mulino. Then we are also going to take a day trip out, maybe even to check out wedding dresses !! but we are going to stop in at Its Tasty Too to taste test some cakes!

Anything else I've missed, that I should look into?

Thankyou xx

YAY for going!! :dancer:

I think taking pictures at POP! would be an awesome place-- such a fun shoot!

All of your plans sound great-- definitely meet up with It's Tasty Too, Just Marry, and Il Mulino!

I'm trying to think of other places you should see and I can't think of any more aside from Beaute Speciale and Randy! Maybe the other girls will have some ideas?

So excited for you!!

Just wanted to say hi!! Your plans seem beautiful, I can't wait to hear more. I too and a planner so I'm with ya there, girl!!

Have you worked out any of the details like invitations? Oooo have you gone dress shopping yet!?!?!

You'll be there the week before our wedding at the Swan!! YAY for getting free dining and it is going to be a great trip I bet!! :cool1:

We're going to be using our DVC so no free dinning for us, but we do always get the DDP. First, it's just really convenient to have our meals paid for and second we are foodies and dinning is part of our "relaxation".

We're also going to purchase a Tables in Wonderland card. I believe it is $100 and you can use it with the DP to get a discount and things that are not covered in the plan (ie- glass of wine). Our "reception" is going to be a dinner at the Yachtsman and we estimated our bill at around $2000 for 18 people (we're going to use dining credits, might as well.) Anyway, you get a 20% discount. We will both need to purchase one which will be $150 (you can only have 10 guests on one card) but that's a $400 discount for our wedding dinner!! And 20% on anything else during our Disneymoon!

YAY for going!! :dancer:

I think taking pictures at POP! would be an awesome place-- such a fun shoot!

All of your plans sound great-- definitely meet up with It's Tasty Too, Just Marry, and Il Mulino!

I'm trying to think of other places you should see and I can't think of any more aside from Beaute Speciale and Randy! Maybe the other girls will have some ideas?

So excited for you!!

Thankyou for the suggestions, we are just waiting on confirmation from Randy for our engagement shoot, then I have to organise Beaute Speciale for the hair and makeup trial before the photos yah!

We are so excited, I still can't believe we are going back!

Just wanted to say hi!! Your plans seem beautiful, I can't wait to hear more. I too and a planner so I'm with ya there, girl!!

Have you worked out any of the details like invitations? Oooo have you gone dress shopping yet!?!?!

Hii !! Thankyou. hehe I love all this planning stuff its just great, I really wish I could do it as my full time job hehe. I think we are going to get our invitations from Wendy at Everafterprintables on Etsy, there is so many beautiful invitations to choose from!! Haven't gone dress shopping yet, I really don't want to fall in love with one so far away from the big day hehe but my 2 sisters are really excited and want to go asap! So I will let you all know how we go if we decide to go in a few weeks.

You'll be there the week before our wedding at the Swan!! YAY for getting free dining and it is going to be a great trip I bet!! :cool1:

I just found your planning journal yah!! I would love to meet up with you before your wedding! We are happy we got free dinning yah :) its definitely going to be a great trip, just not looking forward to the flight, we leave at 11am on 7th and arrive on 7th at 6pm, sounds like only 7hours but its actually more like 17hours eeekk!

We're going to be using our DVC so no free dinning for us, but we do always get the DDP. First, it's just really convenient to have our meals paid for and second we are foodies and dinning is part of our "relaxation".

We're also going to purchase a Tables in Wonderland card. I believe it is $100 and you can use it with the DP to get a discount and things that are not covered in the plan (ie- glass of wine). Our "reception" is going to be a dinner at the Yachtsman and we estimated our bill at around $2000 for 18 people (we're going to use dining credits, might as well.) Anyway, you get a 20% discount. We will both need to purchase one which will be $150 (you can only have 10 guests on one card) but that's a $400 discount for our wedding dinner!! And 20% on anything else during our Disneymoon!

Ohh that sounds like something we might have to look into, as we are thinking about upgrading our tickets before we leave to annual passes! So I might look into this Tables in Wonderland. Thanks for the information :) We loved having the dinning plan when were were there in December it was just so easy!

Just wanted to let you all know, that we booked in Randy for our engagement photo session! 14 September at Pop yah we are so excited! Plus we confirmed Beaute Speciale for a hair & makeup trial that day too!

Just wanted to let you all know, that we booked in Randy for our engagement photo session! 14 September at Pop yah we are so excited! Plus we confirmed Beaute Speciale for a hair & makeup trial that day too!
Great news! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter